Sleepover To Not-Sleepover To Sleepover Again?‏

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
(Infinite - Can You Smile [Remake], Yoseob & Drama - First Snow, First Kiss, SHINee - Best Place & Beast - Easy [Sincere Version])
 
Chapter 19 : Sleepover To Not-Sleepover To Sleepover Again?

Your POV: 

The next day, Luna had invited me to go over for a sleepover.
It was just going to be us two and her twin.
She had said that she felt bad because she hadn't been hanging out with her best friend.
I just brushed it off because I was pretty sure that she has been busy with her mystery man that I had yet to meet.
"When do I get to meet him?" I asked as Luna came back with popcorn for our movie.
"He's sooo cute and he comes over all the time." Jiyoung giggled.
"His name slips my mind though." She squeezed her eyes shut in concentration.
"Can we not talk about him? I promise you'll get to see him another day." Luna said blushing and smiling in embarrassment.
"Fine, fine." I said and stuffing my mouth with a handful of popcorn.
"So, _____, how has everything been going?" Luna asked in a cautious tone.
"Good, a little difficult to understand, but good." I respond like it was a question.
"I was just wondering how you're handling. With your parents' anniversary and stuff." Luna said in the same tone.
I frowned, expecting the usual wave of grief whenever my parents were mentioned, but oddly nothing came.
That also reminded me, I had forgotten to ask how Yoseob knew about my parents.
"Actually, I've been feeling a lot better. Since the day after." I said.
She smiled.
"They did well then..." She muttered.
"Who's they?" Jiyoung asked raising an eyebrow.
She knew I was really sensitive about the topic of my parents so she hadn't spoken.
I tilted my head in confusion, but then it snapped.
"You were the one who told Yoseob! Wait...if they then, you told Minwoo and Sungjong too?" 
"Three boys?!" Jiyoung exclaimed.
"Bad girl." She slapped my arm.
I gave her a sheepish smile then turned back to Luna.
"Yeah, I did. I told them. They were really upset about it afterward." Luna said.
"E-even Yoseob?" I asked believing that the other two would feel bad, but not Yoseob.
She nodded. "I think he was the most upset."
"Ohh~ He's so in love with you~ Whoever this Yoseob is." Jiyoung squealed.
I stared at the TV screen.
Yoseob cares?, I thought.
My heart fluttered in happiness.
I liked that he cared. A lot.
That would explain Yoseob's sudden change in character.
Also why Sungjong took me out and Minwoo was also making sure that I was feeling better.
But it still didn't explain what Sungjong had said to me a couple days ago.
I wanted to ask him about what he was talking about, but I hadn't seen him since.
Maybe later I would ask for Luna's opinion.
 
We watched four horror movies and eventually Jiyoung went to her room to sleep.
She mumbled something about having to wake up early in the morning and apologized for not staying.
I waved it away and told her to rest.
Luna and I finished watching one more movie alone and lied on our stomachs with blankets covering us and the floor.
"Should we watch another movie?" Luna joked.
I stuck my tongue out.
"I think I watched enough to last me a lifetime." 
We giggled.
"I was wanting to talk to you about stuff actually. Since you have been busy and all that, I don't get to talk to you anymore." I said.
"Yeah, and I'm really sorry. I'm a horrible friend, but I hope that I can help you with whatever is bothering you." Luna said.
"Aw, you know you're not a horrible friend." I said hugging her.
"Okay, so what's up?" 
I told her about everything starting from when Yoseob and I suddenly had to do a duet together, how he had called my voice pretty and everything he said or done that was so not him.
I came up to the part where Yoseob was comforting me in the practice room and all of that.
"I fell asleep from crying, but when I woke up, I was in my room and Sungjong was sitting on my bed." I told her.
"He had told me earlier that he would be taking me out on a date, because he wanted to make me feel better." 
I think I imagined it, but I saw Luna's smile slip slightly.
"Is that so?" She said.
"Yeah, he took me to a expensive restaurant an then we went for a stroll in the park..." I continued.
I told her about his how weird he was acting and about our completely confusing conversation.
"That's...kind of creepy..." Luna said after I told her everything up until Yoseob's and my last practice session.
"I know. Why would Yoseob be so nice?" I said wrinkling up my nose in fake disgust.
"I was talking about what Sungjong said." Luna laughed.
"Oh yeah. I knew that. But really, I think that he was going to kiss me." I said trying to make sense of it for the millionth time.
"You don't think...he actually likes you right?"
"I don't know. I don't know what to think..." 
"Ugh, I don't understand! I want to ask him about what exactly he means." I rubbed my head with my palm, tired of thinking.
Luna looked thoughtful and was silent.
She was thinking about it too.
"Maybe," She said a minute later.
"He means exactly what he said. That you love someone else." 
I snorted. 
"Like who?" I asked.
Luna raised her eyebrows at me.
"W-what? Who? You mean Yoseob? Don't make me laugh." 
"I don't know, you pretty much only talk about him. Even if it's complaining about him and you seemed to like that fact that Yoseob was the most upset about being such a jerk when you were the most...vulnerable." She was careful again with the last part, not knowing if I would snap back into depression again.
It passed by me like it was nothing.
"He annoys me so much, it's just nice that he seems to have enough heart to care about me." I automatically defended myself.
"I'm sure you're just in denial. Just admit it. Not to me, but to yourself. You like him." Luna said, like it was the easiest thing in the world.
"I don't!" I said in my slightly raised voice.
 It was an automatic reaction. I didn't have to think about it.
My voice sounded like a person in denial in every way.
There was silence and nothing in the house moved.
Suddenly there was a knock on the door.
Luna moved to the door, me, five steps behind her.
"H-hey. What are you doing here?" I heard Luna say.
"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the old observatory." A familiar voice said.
I was just catching up with Luna at the door.
"Luna, who is it?" I asked.
"The moon is really big tonight and..." 
The male standing in the doorway was none other then Sungjong.
"__-_____-ah..." Sungjong said quietly. (A/N What he said there; ex. 'J-Jieun-ah' ; He's just stuttering if you didn't understand.)
I looked from Luna to Sungjong to Luna again and then to Sungjong again.
I understood that second.
The way Luna had her head slightly down with eyes that were...hurt?
Luna liked Sungjong.
And here I was talking about our date and how he wanted to kiss me...
I'm the horrible friend.
"W-what are you doing here?" Sungjong asked.
"I can't be at my best friend's house?" I asked a little bit angry at him for a number of things.
"Uh...right." 
The air was filled to the brim with awkwardness.
"Luna, I'm going home." I said stepping away and gathering my things.
It was almost three in the morning, but I was going to walk anyway.
Luna said nothing as I passed her at the door.
"Move, please." I said toward an also silent Sungjong who was blocking me from leaving.
He made space for me to go and I walked down the path and along the sidewalk, still in my pajamas.
I felt Sungjong watch me as I left while I saw Luna with her head lowered out of the corner of my eye.
Finally, I was out of their sight and I could finally breathe. 
I didn't realize that I was holding my breath.
I stopped and sat on the sidewalk, cold from the chill in the night's air.
Luna had asked me if I thought Sungjong liked me.
I thought about it and thought that it couldn't be.
I shook my head.
Ah, who am I kidding. He's in love with me, I thought.
It felt like the truth, it sounded like the truth, evidence supported it too.
I sighed.
Without knowing, I had hurt my best friend.
How did I not see it?
Now I'm sure she knows the guy she has a crush on loves me.
She's going to hate me, thinking I made him love me on purpose.
Is that who Luna has been spending all of her time with? 
I groaned, which was followed by a shiver.
I ignored the cold. Or at least tried to.
How was I going to fix this?
I knew I couldn't go back and I didn't know when I would get that much of Luna's time again.
I guess I would explain things and apologize to her when I got the chance.
I also made a mental note to speak with Sungjong.
I shivered a lot now and I could see my breath.
Taking out my cellphone I started to dial Mir's number, but stopped halfway.
He would be sleeping at the moment, only arriving at home from work not long ago.
I really didn't want to move. I was drowsy and felt like I could fall asleep right there on the street if I wanted to.
I just sat there in the dark, alone and felt my face and fingers go numb.
Somebody come get me and bring me home...
The sound of a car was audible and was getting louder and louder.
It slowed down as it came up and the lights blinded me since my eyes weren't used to the sudden light.
The car stopped five feet away from me and I began to panic.
What if it was a kidnapper? Or worse...another ?
Fear woke up my sleepy body and I regretted just leaving Luna's house without calling Mir or somebody first to pick me up.
I blocked the harsh light from my eyes with my arm and tried to see who was there.
A dark figure closed came out of the car and lightly shut the door, walking to me.
I leaned back when he came close and tried to pull me up.
"Don't touch me!" I yelled and swatted his hand away jumping onto my feet.
"Geez, woman. I was only trying to help." The voice came from the figure.
I relaxed for a second and let the arm that was ready to punch the guy fall at my side.
"Y-Yoseob? Is that you?" I asked squinting.
He stepped into the lights of the car and proved my guess accurate.
"There. Yes, it's me. What the hell are you doing out here alone at this time anyway? You're just asking for another guy to you, you know and I won't be there to save you." He said.
I shivered again, not from the cold, but from the unpleasant memory from our recent vacation.
He saw my discomfort and softened apologetically.
Yoseob came up to me and put warm fingers on my arm.
"You're going to catch a cold." 
He slid his jacket off and in one swift movement, lied it over my shoulders.
"My house is nearby. Come on." He said leading me to his car and opening the passenger door for me.
I gratefully climbed in. It was warm and it felt nice on my freezing skin.
I wrapped Yoseob's jacket around me tighter, around my folded up legs so they would be warm too.
Yoseob closed my door and went around the car to the driver's door and started driving.
I slipped my arms through the sleeves and hugged my knees to my body as Yoseob turned up the heat.
"Why were you outside like that? And in your pajamas?" He asked glancing my way.
I didn't say anything and just thought about what had happened.
Instead of responding, I stuffed my face into the thing that spewed out hot air.
"Did you have a fight with Mir hyung?" He asked suspecting that I was upset with Mir and just ran out.
"I never fight with Oppa." I say as a fact. I really never fought with him.
"Then is it...something that has to do about your parents?" 
I automatically stiffen.
Yoseob saw that and took it as a yes.
"You know, I guess not meeting my parents might of been good." He starts
"If I had met them first and shared memories with them like you have, I would miss them. Since I never met them, there is nothing to miss."
"It's horrible though, if you never have any memories to remember." I say quietly. 
"But sometimes I wish I could forget." 
You're lucky...
I don't say that out loud.
"It's harder without parents." He says as if reading my mind.
I lift my head up and point it in his direction.
"How so?"
"When I was growing up in the orphanage, I was very alone. The caretakers were mean and the other kids didn't like me." 
"I remember the first time I played with them, we were playing dodgeball and there was one kid who hit me, but it was a foul ball. The Physical Education caretaker still called me out and I got mad and told him that he was wrong and that it bounced off of the ground first. He didn't believe me and just shooed me other to the benches. The kid who threw the foul ball at me was snickering. I got really angry and went up to him. He was asking for it so I gave it to him."
"Long story short, I punched him and we got into a fight that kind of gave him a broken nose."
A sort of evil smile spread across his face.
"I got into a lot of trouble, but I didn't really mind. I liked it when I was punching the guy senseless."
Disgust contorted my face.
"I would always look for fights and then all of the children at that orphanage became scared of me and wouldn't even talk to me."
"People wouldn't adopt me because I was so violent and the people who did adopt me returned me to the orphanage because I caused them so much trouble." 
I felt bad for him and I realized how hard it must've been for him.
I lied chin on my knee again and yawned.
I had thawed and was feeling nice and warm, like freshly made soup.
All of the sudden I felt like having some soup.
We pulled up into a driveway of a really nice house that was pretty big for just one person, but it went with Yoseob's expensive looking car.
I hopped out and the icy air struck me immediately. 
I followed him to the front door where he pulled out a tangle of keys and used one to unlock it.
The inside was just as magnificent as the outside.
It was very modern looking and everything looked tasteful. It was like one of those houses you would see in an interior designing magazine.
As I looked around, obviously impressed, Yoseob played the good host.
"Are you hungry? I'd imagine you would want something hot right?" He said before disappearing.
Since I had nothing better to do, I followed him into a beautiful kitchen Mir would've loved to cook in.
Yoseob was making something at the stove.
"Sit." He said without turning.
I sat on a bar stool and rested my head on my arm.
A few minutes later, Yoseob came with two bowls of ramen.
"Thanks." I started slurping up the noodles right away.
I was famished and the hot food warmed my insides.
Even though I ate quickly, Yoseob still finished before me and watched me with no distinct expression until I, too, finished that last drops of the soup.
We sat there in a somewhat comfortable silence.
He kept staring at me for some odd reason only known to him.
I decided to break the silence.
"I'm really sorry, about your childhood." I say.
"It's fine. It has nothing to do with you." He responds finally taking his eyes off of me.
His tone just says 'I don't need your pity', his man-pride kicking in.
"I really am though. It must of been really lonely." 
He stayed silent.
"Also, When you found me out on the street there, it wasn't because of my parents, I was at Luna's house and something....happened." I said.
I wasn't about to tell Yoseob anything about what happened on my date and I wasn't planning to tell him, ever.
"We were having a sleepover, but then I had to leave because of something."
"Did you guys fight?" Yoseob asked.
I was quickly becoming tired again and my eyes started to flutter closed.
Since I didn't answer for a long time Yoseob called my name.
"_____?" He looked toward me and found me snoring softly.
I felt myself being lifted up and I opened my eyes.
Yoseob was carrying me up a flight of stairs.
He took me into a bedroom and that filled with his scent.
Gently, he rested me on his bed.
He started to leave, but stopped when I spoke in a groggy voice.
"Shouldn't I go home?" 
Yoseob kneeled by the bed side, his face six inches away from mine.
I blushed thinking of what Luna said earlier.
"I don't want to drive again, plus I don't feel like carrying you all the way to my car and knocking on your door so Mir can answer it and question me on way you're asleep in my arms when you were supposed to be at Luna's." He answered.
"This is your bed isn't it? Where will you sleep?" I asked.
"On the couch. Unless you want me to sleep here?" He smirked.
He'll never change will he?
"Actually, I want you to sleep here." I joked back.
I think I was joking.
"Have it your way." 
He went to the other side of the bed and climbed in beside me.
It was a queen size bed so we both fit in easily.
I turned to him.
"I was joking..." 
His eyes were closed and I realized he had changed into a wife beater and boxers.
"Too late..." He murmured and pulled me into his arms.
I froze in shock and wondered what to do.
My brain wasn't responding so I stayed put.
He was very warm and welcoming and sleep was pulling me in again.
Unconsciously, I snuggled closer and drifted into dreamland.
You could say that it was one of the better nights I had ever slept. 
 
Sungjong's POV:
 
Sungjong had arrived at Luna's house to ask her to go star-gazing again.
Even though he would rather go star-gazing with _____, he needed to stay away from her as much as he could.
At least for now.
He was really surprised when he discovered her at Luna's house.
A wave of great longing coursed through him.
She was looking for answers to what I was I had told to her not long ago.
He could see it in her eyes.
When _____ suddenly declared that she was going home, Sungjong felt somewhat disappointed and watched until she was out of sight.
The silence between him and Luna had still lasted even after ____ had left.
"Do you still want to go? Or are you too tired? We can go tomorrow night. It'll be be okay. Or maybe even the night after tomorrow because the moon will return to it's normal size soon." Sungjong blabbered on.
Luna sighed and smiled.
"Yeah, lets go now. I want to come home before dawn. Just wait a second I'll change and grab my gear." Luna said and disappeared.
There was a observatory a few miles away on a high hill and him and Luna would go there on clear nights.
For now, he had to spend almost all of his time with her.
He wanted to help _____, but she had to figure things out for herself.
Luna came back with a binder and telescope bag that contained the telescope I bought her.
"Do you want to come inside for a little bit first?" She asked.
"You should know I like it out here more then I like being inside. At this time." Sungjong responded, chuckling.
She came out and closed the door behind her, standing beside him and looked upon the stars.
He breathed in the chilled air of the night and felt a pleasurable shiver run down his spine.
It would only be perfect if _____ was by his side instead of Luna.
Aish, ani. Don't think that. Forget, Sungjong sternly told himself.
He tried very hard not to think about her, but failed.
Instead, I'll tuck you away in my heart. That way you can remain in me. I will always love you, Park _____. It's time to say goodbye. Annyeong, my princess...
"Um..." 
Sungjong turned his head in Luna's direction.
"About earlier..."
"Mmhm?" 
"_____ told me about her, your, date. Do you...like her?" Luna asked without meeting Sungjong's eyes.
He took a deep breath again and forced a soft smile.
"No, I just wanted to take her out and make her feel better. That's all. It's really bad what happened to her parents..."
Luna's eyes found his.
"It really meant nothing?" 
He forced his head to nod.
"Shall we?" He smiled invitingly and held his hand out.
She accepted it with a heart full of shimmering fireworks.
Together they walked to Sungjong's car that was parked on the other side of the street and speed off into the earliest hours of the morning.