A Couple Of Couples

The Warrior Ice Prince

The Warrior Ice Prince

 
Chapter 69 : A Couple Of Couples
 
Your POV:
 
I talked to Mir about the whole job thing and he thought it was a terrific idea.
So I decided to take Sunwoong up on his offer and went over to the music store when I wasn't busy.
When I went into the store, there was no one inside.
"Sunwoong? Sunwoong, are you here?" I called.
I went by the counter to see if he would come out from the back.
"Hello? Is there something you need?" A woman appeared instead.
"Oh, um, is Sunwoong here?" 
"Not at the moment. But he should be back soon. You can wait for him if you like." 
"Okay, thanks. Can I play the piano?" I asked.
"Yes, go right ahead."
I bowed and played it until I heard the bell of the door tinkle.
"Umma! We're back!" I recognised Sunwoong's voice.
He came walking in with a cute little girl holding his hand and wearing a small pink backpack.
"_____ noona, it's nice to see you. I'll come in a second." He said then turned to the little girl.
"Kaja."
They walked to the back room and a couple seconds later he came back out.
"How are you doing today, _____ noona? Did you think about the job?" 
"Yes which is why I came today. That woman is your mom?" I asked.
"Yeah. Sorry I wasn't here. I had to pick up my little sister from daycare. Did you wait long?"
I shook my head.
"Your sister is really cute."
He smiled and agreed.
"Yeah, she's just a little angel. Anyway, I'll introduce you to my Umma and tell her about giving you that job."
"Umma! I want to talk to you."
She appeared holding Sunwoong's sister's backpack.
"Yes, Sunwoong-ah, what is it?" 
"I want to introduce you to my friend, Park _____. She plays the piano really well and I thought that we could hire her to teach piano." Sunwoong said.
I bowed.
"Park _____, huh? It's nice to meet, Sunwoong's friend. He can't make many because he's too shy." His mom said.
"Umma..." Sunwoong said embarrassingly.
"I was listening to you play when you were waiting for my son and you seem like you can play well enough to teach. I think it would be a great idea to hire you." She said.
"Really? That's great. When do I start?" I asked excitedly.
My first real job.
"Well, I've been wanting my little Eunji to learn how to play the piano, so why don't you start by teaching her and we'll go from there?" 
"Yes, Ma'am!" I smiled and bowed.
I spent the afternoon teaching Eunji and discussing my pay, hours and other things.
Sunwoong was really happy for me.
"Okay then I'll see you tomorrow, Sunwoong!" I called.
"Yep! Congrats on the job again!" 
"Thanks!" 
I happily walked out of the music store very happy with my new job.
Eunji was a good student and a curious little soul.
She was easy to teach and I hoped that all of my students would be just as willing to learn as she was.
Ah, I was already referring to myself as a teacher and I only had been there for a couple hours.
It was decided that I would get ten dollars per lesson session and I would come right after school.
How many hours I worked depended on how many kids I had to teach that day.
Unluckily for me, my happy train was about to be derailed.
"Oh. Hey, _____." Yoseob held up one hand in greeting and walked toward me.
I sighed already feeling all of the energy drain from me, but I also felt my heart become lighter at the sight of him.
"Yes?" I asked.
"What, no hi?" 
"No."
"Your mean."
"Yeah, okay, if that's all, I have someone to see." I quickly turned to go, hoping he would leave me be.
But of course there was no such thing.
"Your little boyfriend, perhaps?" 
I stopped and turned back to face him again.
"Yes, now leave me alone."
"Your bracelet." 
"Huh?" I lifted my wrist to my face.
"It's pretty." 
"Yeah." I answered a few seconds later.
"Let me guess, Minwoo got it for you." 
I nodded.
"What are you doing in the city?" Yoseob coughed awkwardly and changed the subject.
"Oh, I just got a job. Today was my first day and I'm going home now." I said wondering why he wanted to know.
"Do you...want a ride?" 
"Seriously?" I looked at him in shock.
"Y-yeah. Don't look at me like that. I didn't grow any extra limbs or anything." He didn't look at me.
I raised an amused eyebrow.
"What? Fine. Forget I asked." He started to walk away in the other direction.
"Sure."
Yoseob whipped around quickly.
"Huh?"
"I said sure. I'd like a ride." I smiled just a little.
 
Sungjong's POV:
 
"Why'd you call me?" Luna asked him.
"Why? I can't? I just wanted to see you." He said with a smile.
 
His words made Luna's heart beat faster.
He wanted to see me...just because!
She squealed inwardly.
 
"Did you see the moon last night? It was so big." 
Because he made it look big.
"Yeah!" Luna nodded.
"It was really bright too. I was looking at it through my telescope. I should have taken a picture." She pouted cutely.
It made him smile bigger.
Luna just had something about her that made him always want to smile.
"Do you want to sleepover at the observatory again?" He asked.
"Yeah! I love spending the night there." Luna nodded happily.
Every now and then, he and Luna would sleep at the observatory.
Sungjong remembered the first time he invited her to watch the stars with him.
He had to because it was part of his mission.
He had to keep Luna away from _____ as much as he could.
At first, he didn't really want to, but now, Luna was his closest friend on Earth.
He really was actually and truly quite fond of her.
Sungjong thought that she was very pretty for a human and her bubbly personality he found cute.
One thing that amazed him was how quickly she could make him feel better just by looking at her or hearing her voice.
"Okay, I'll bring food then. You can bring drinks."
"Araso, that sounds good."
 
Yoseob's POV:
 
It was so awkward for Yoseob in the car, for the first time in his life he was nervous and a little bit jumpy.
He glanced over at _____ sitting beside him.
She was twirling a lock of her shiny hair around her finger and looking out the window.
She looked completely fine.
Then what the hell was wrong with him?
Was he sick?
But he had never been sick before.
Not that he could recall anyway.
Yoseob remembered the other kids at the orphanage who sniffled their disgusting snot and sneezed on everything.
He'd see all of the other girls and boys sick, but he would never join them in that.
He shivered visibly, glad he didn't have to go through that kind of thing.
Yoseob stole another glance at her and his lips.
Ugh!
He snapped his eyes to the road again.
Barrier! Barrier!
 
Sungjong's POV:
 
"Wow, the sky is so clear. The forecast said it was going to cloudy." Luna said staring up at the star filled sky.
"They were wrong." Sungjong said with a secretive smile.
"Yeah, I'm glad. I was afraid it was going to rain." 
"Wah! Look it's a shooting star!" Luna exclaimed pointing in it's direction.
She quickly grabbed her binoculars to get a better look at it.
But Sungjong wasn't looking at the flying asteroid. He stared at Luna.
He watched her cute wondrous expression as she watched it fly by, then her pout when it was gone from sight.
"Aww. I've only seen a couple and this one disappeared the fastest." She put down the binoculars again.
She turned her head toward him and she looked at him his a cute shy expression.
"W-why are you staring at me like that?" Pink tinged her cheeks.
"I can't?" Sungjong slyly smiled.
"U-um, n-no, it's just..." She looked away her cheeks growing into a more red hue.
Luna looked beautiful cast in the pale moonlight with the natural blush tinted on her face.
_____ would've looked beautiful too if he bathed her in his moon's light, but of course he could not.
His heart painfully squeezed knowing that it could never have her love.
Sungjong sighed.
It's time to give you up, isn't it?
And I mean for real this time.
My head keeps telling my heart to let you go, but it won't because that's not what I actually want.
But I need to.
Because I can't keep hurting myself anymore.
Because I can't let my emotions interfere between you and him anymore.
And with that...I let you go...
I'll replace my love for you with love for another.
And maybe, just maybe, it could be the girl sitting in front of him just that second.
"Luna?" He said.
"Yeah?"
"Come sit with me."
"Why?" She questioned, but moved right beside him.
"So I hug you." He place an arm around her shoulders and breathed in her unique scent.
Luna flushed with colour.
That is....
If he hadn't fallen in love with her already.
 
Minwoo's POV:
 
Minwoo held his mechanical pencil while his head bobbed up and down.
He kept almost falling asleep as he did his homework.
The blasting music and the squeak of sneakers on the wood floor didn't bother him at all.
He should be doing his homework.
More then that, he should have done it a long time ago so he could be practising with his hyungs.
Minwoo couldn't fight back sleep any longer and his head fell forward, pencil dropping to the paper.
Meanwhile, Youngmin took notice of his sleeping figure and stopped in the middle of the dance.
Someone turned the music off.
"Aish, this kid chinchan...he asks us for a break so he can do his homework, but he's sleeping?" Youngmin frustratedly ran a hand through his yellow hair.
"He was sleeping in class again today. I had to copy his notes for him again." His twin added.
"Why is he like this? He used to never skip practice. And he doesn't get enough sleep these days too." Jeongmin said.
"You know why." Donhyun sighed.
"It's because of _____ noona."
"I really like her and everything, but Minwoo's spending too much of his time for her. Everything is out of balance. He's late or doesn't show up to practice and he doesn't do his homework sometimes and when he does he goes to school looking like a zombie and falling asleep in class." Youngmin said.
"I'm happy for him. He got the girl he liked to be his girlfriend, but he really needs to stop this." Hyunseung quietly added in.
The five nodded their heads in agreement.
"So what do we do with him now?" Jeongmin asked eyeing Minwoo.
Donghyun sighed again.
"Just leave him be. He'll wake up from his 'I'm too in love with Noona to care about anything else' soon hopefully. Right now, let's just practice and wake him up before we leave." 
They quietly went back to their spots and their music started to play, but turned down so it wouldn't bother Minwoo as much.

Yoseob so cute...
I can't wait for Beast's comeback~
AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU! 
;-; August.