A Troubled You

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

 
Chapter 63 : A Troubled You
 
Your POV:
 
For the next week, I brought the book to school and found comfort in it whenever I felt like I needed it.
Which was often.
Sometimes I would see Yoseob around.
A couple times, I even caught him staring at me.
Truthfully, when our eyes met, my breath caught in my throat and I couldn't breathe.
Every time, our eyes were locked for a few seconds before one of us looked away.
I usually saw curiosity in his gaze or else I couldn't read him at all.
I wondered how he was feeling.
I wondered if he was sorry he yelled at me, if he missed me. 
If I even cross his mind at all.
Luna stayed true to her word and was there for me when I needed her.
We talked often, at least once a day and I confessed everything I was feeling to her.
Sungjong started to be his normal self again and even greeted me when we crossed paths.
He assured me that he was okay when he told me that he was happy for me that I got together with Minwoo.
By now, everyone had known about my relationship with Minwoo.
They were confused because of what happened between Yoseob and I, but they just assumed that I had moved on and found a boyfriend.
It was the end of the day on Friday and I was pleasantly surprised to find Minwoo at the gate.
He was usually busy dancing or doing school work.
"Hey, Noona." He greeted and wrapped an arm around my waist.
"You didn't have any homework to do?" I asked automatically smiling.
My worries and troubles just melted away.
"Nope." He pecked my cheek sweetly.
"Aww." A bunch of girls cooed at us.
Suddenly, I felt Minwoo stiffen beside me and the girls started to whisper amongst themselves.
I pinched my eyebrows together in confusion.
I opened my mouth to ask what was wrong when I finally spotted the cause for their abnormal behaviour.
Yoseob was walking towards us with his jacket casually slung over his shoulder and four fingers stuck in his pocket.
I gasped.
I held my breath as he came right towards us.
I was surprised that he just passed us by.
There was only half a foot between us, but neither of us looked anywhere but straight ahead.
I didn't hear the first few times Minwoo called my name.
 
Yoseob kept his cool as he casually passed by the couple, but that didn't stop his blood from boiling.
He wanted to tear Minwoo's arm off and wipe that stupid happy smile off of _____'s face.
You know what a perfect time it is for?, he asked himself.
He rubbed his knuckles with the palm of his hand.
Let's see what unlucky bastard is going to end up at the front of my fist.
He smirked, completely happy with his thinking and walked off.
 
"Noona! Come on, let's go." Minwoo pulled me away from the school.
"Let's go on a date, huh? Where do you want to go?"
We ended up at the practice room.
The other guys were there already and stretching.
They were surprised to see me, but greeted me cheerfully like they always did.
"Oh, Noona! It's nice to see you." Donghyun said.
"What brings you here today?" Hyunseong asked.
"I came to see Jeongminnie of course." I smiled, but my mind wasn't fully there.
"Me?!" In two seconds Jeongmin was standing in front of me.
"Ne."
"Oh, Noona! You're so sweet!" He pushed Minwoo away and hugged my arm.
"Hey!" Minwoo said.
The other four boys pouted because they thought I didn't go there for them.
"Hyung, get off of her, she's my girlfriend!" Minwoo tried to pull him off.
"Jeongmin, you're cutting off the circulation in my arm." I said.
"Oh, sorry!" He immediately detached himself and dusted my arm.
Instead he took my hand.
"Do you want to go get coffee? I know a place where they brew the best coffee!" Jeongmin said bashfully.
"Hyung...mine. Let go." Minwoo glowered at him.
"Okay, okay, sheesh. If looks could kill." He muttered backing away.
"How's practice going?" I asked everyone.
"It's been going really well because of your gifts." Youngmin nodded enthusiastically.
"Yeah, we never really had a chance to properly thank you, Noona, so thank you."
Kwangmin smiled.
"It was nothing. I'm glad they are useful to you."
"I'm sorry for just coming so suddenly, but I need to go."
"It's okay, come visit us any time!" Donghyun said.
"I'll walk you home!" Minwoo quickly jumped up.
"It's okay, you should stay and practice. I'm not going home yet anyways." I was aware of Minwoo blowing off practice with his friends to be with me or showing up late.
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Yeah, I'll be fine. I'll see you later then." I half-bowed and showed myself out.
A chorus of 'Byes!' and 'See you, Noona!' trailed me. 
A couple seconds later, I heard muffled music coming from the room I just walked out from.
I sighed.
I wanted to be alone.
That's why I left.
So I walked down busy streets alone with my head lowered in deep thought.
My mind wouldn't stop replaying that incident.
I watched Yoseob pass by me once again.
So he really doesn't care about me..., I thought.
My footsteps brought me into a store I've never been in before.
It was music store, half sold CDs and albums and the other half sold all sorts of instruments.
I browsed through one of the aisles blankly not even remembering anything that was on those shelves.
I crossed over to the side with the instruments and found myself running a finger over the top of a piano as I passed it.
"Is there anything you need?" A cheerful boy bounded up to me with a smile.
"Huh? Oh, um, may I play this?" My mouth asked without my brain's consent.
"Yeah, sure. Don't hesitate to ask for anything else."
He went away and stood behind the counter.
I slipped off my bag and flipped open the panel to reveal beautiful black and white ebony keys.
Closing my eyes and placed my hands on the keys and let my fingers go where they pleased.
I poured my current feelings into the music and lost myself.
It was calming and comforting when someone broke my zen mode.
"Um, excuse me?" 
I lost all concentration so suddenly, my eyes flew open and my fingers that used to glide gracefully, fumbled and tripped over the white and black pieces creating an unpleasant sound.
"Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean for you to lose your concentration. I just couldn't help, but notice at how sad your music was sounding." It was the boy from before.
"It's okay. I was just playing how I was feeling...did it really sound that sad?" I awkwardly laughed failing at my attempt to appear okay.
"What's bothering you? You play really well by the way."
"Thank you...and...it's nothing important. My name's Park _____." I bow in my sitting position.
"Oh yes! I forgot to tell you my name. My name is Kim Sunwoong. It's nice to meet you." He smiled and bowed back.
 
 
"Now tell me...what is the cause for your sad music?"