Mysterious Sungjong's 'Me' Time

The Warrior Ice Prince

The Warrior Ice Prince

 
Chapter 65 : Mysterious Sungjong's 'Me' Time
 
*Warning. A little bit of swearing*
 
Your POV: 
 
"Mmm! So good the weekend finally came!" Luna stretched and lied on my couch like a cat.
"It's only the first week! School just re-started." 
"Yeah, I know. I'm still in vacation mode." Luna lazily flipped through random channels.
"Oh yeah, that reminds me, where is your beloved Sungjong anyway?"
"He said that he was busy and needed to do it tonight." He answered settling on a channel playing a variety show.
"I wonder what he's doing right now..." 
 
Sungjong's POV:
 
Sungjong breathed in the chilly air and gazed at the city that was only illuminated by man-made lights and, of course, his wonderful moon.
He had been waiting much too long to do this.
He should be with Luna right now, doing his job, but he just missed being himself.
It's not that he didn't like being with her or anything. 
He actually enjoyed her company very much.
Sungjong needed some time by himself to do what he could do around anyone else.
Except for his brothers and his mother and father.
He missed them a lot and hoped he could return to them soon.
He was excited because it seemed like his mission was finally coming to a close. 
Soon enough he can finally go home and see his family again.
But for now, he would have to make do and shed his human habits and such and use this night to be himself.
His real self.
A pleasant shiver ran down his spine as he felt the familiar feel of growth in between his shoulder blades.
In less then two seconds, his wondrously beautiful wings spread out behind him in both directions.
He pulled them in close so that they brushed the back of his arms.
Reaching up, he caressed the white moonlit feathers.
"I've missed you..." He murmured to them.
They glowed so brightly at night, but if they were to be seen in the day, they would be just plain white, like a dove's wings.
With a audible whoosh, he spread his wings out to their full length and jumped of the side of the building....
With effortless flaps, he took off into the sky feeling that comforting rush he always felt when he flew.
He flowed with the wind, glided with it and let it carry him.
I seriously should've done this eons ago, He thought.
He smiled widely.
Not literally eons of course.
As he flew, his thoughts drifted over to Luna.
He imagined that he brought her with him.
"Have you ever flown before?" He would ask.
"No, of course not, what are you talki-"
Then he would leap from the top of the observatory, glowing wings beating at the air.
He chuckled to himself.
Luna would probably hold onto him like a koala bear and scream her head off.
He laughed to himself even more, pretty sure his prediction would be correct.
He soared through the skies without any detection.
The others would laugh at him because he used wings to fly because he didn't necessarily need them to do so.
He could fly just as well without them, but he liked having them.
It just made the whole experience more enjoyable.
Ah, how he wished he could be having his little flying session with someone, but none of his kind were around.
Except for that one person, but that person didn't know their true nature as of yet.
All in good time.
That reminded him, Minwoo was currently the boyfriend of _____ and as much as it hurt him to see her with him he was happy.
Progress was going quite smoothly.
It was only up to Yoseob now.
He was quite a stubborn person though, but if he really loved her, he would drop everything and confess to her and to himself his true feelings.
His heart couldn't help but droop a little.
"_____ is not yours!" He yelled at himself fiercely.
"_____ was never yours!"
This happened often no matter how much he told himself that they were not destined to be together.
His heart just won't give her up.
He flew without anymore thoughts and just pure emotion for half an hour more before he silently flew back into the city and landed gracefully back onto the roof again.
He was already going to miss flying again.
He gazed at his glowing wings once more, taking in every detail before willing them back inside his being.
"Goodbye, my friends. Let's meet again soon."
After they were gone, he slowly floated down into an abandoned alleyway careful not to catch the attentions of any humans.
Now was the time for some real fun.
His glinting eyes searched for his first victim.
He spotted the couple at the end of the street.
The girl looked like a hooker and the guy looked like a too-cool-for-anything druggy.
He tapped into their minds and read their thoughts.
Ugh, this guy is so disgusting. He better be worth going out with. After I dump his , He better be asking his way back to my side.
So this chick was just using him to get another guy jealous?
Her expression told Sungjong otherwise.
She looked at the disgusting guy with such love and affection, I'd say she should become an actress.
Shoots, and he scores again! Third girl today....
Oh my.
The guy's thoughts had become very erted.
Only Sungjong could see his hungry eyes filled with pure lust because he read his thoughts, but to anyone else, it would just looked like he was infatuated with the girl.
He decided he would use these two people as his first victims.
He would be doing them both a favour anyway.
With his thoughts only, he made the girl blurt out everything she was thinking.
"You're such a loser! You look like some unfashionable dope head! I'm only using you to get back at my ex." 
She quickly covered and wondered why she said those things.
How did he know?
Because he read her thoughts.
"What?!" The guy angrily exclaimed.
"You said you loved me!"
"Tch, of course I was lying, you stupid block of wood!" She covered again and Sungjong snickered to himself in his corner.
"Well that doesn't matter anyway. I was just going using you too! Such a beautiful body, but a y attitude. Definitely not worth it." He turned around and started walking off.
"Uh, what? YOU DID NOT JUST CALL ME Y. GET BACK HERE YOU DOUCHE BAG." She yelled at him angrily.
As if she had never even said anything, he continued on his way.
"Ugh! you!" 
"You wish!" 
And with that the girl stormed off in the opposite direction.
To top off the fun, he broke the heel of her shoe with his mind and she shrieked in anger.
Then he made the guy 'slip'.
"!" He cursed loudly because that's exactly what he landed in.
Sungjong hid behind the wall and laughed trying not to be loud.
It was so much fun interfering with other people.
He already spotted his next target.
There was a couple of drunk men stumbling down the side walk.
They were both holding a large bottle of whisky.
First, Sungjong made one man 'accidentally' bump into the other guy.
"Watch where your walking!" The guy said annoyed and downed some of his drink.
"I didn't do anything, you dimwit!" He also took large gulps from his bottle.
He made the guy who got bumped into smash his glass bottle against the other guy's causing them both to break.
"Now look at what you did! Where are we supposed to get booze now?!" 
"Me?! It's all your fault!"
They started fighting and it turned out into a full-out brawl.
Sungjong just clutched his stomach laughing his off.
It was just too fun.
The two men finally fell onto the cement and fell into the drunken slumber.
He smiled up at the moon.
The night was still young.
 
After a fun-filled night of messing with people and flying, Sungjong went home.
He laughed at the memories of what he did to people.
A few trips here, a couple spilled drinks down another's shirt there.
Ah, he could only mess with the humans here on earth.
As Sungjong sat on his bed, he decided to work his powers one last time before he would have to keep them hidden for a while.
He closed his eyes and imagined his brothers in his head.
Then he opened his eyes up again to see them all standing front of him.
They were just manifestations, kind of like holograms.
Their forms where made out of shimmering particles of his images of them and the air in his room.
"Hyungs." He greeted them with a smile.
"I miss you a lot."
"We miss you too, Sungjong-ah. You'll come back to us soon, won't you?" The holograms asked.
"Yes, of course! I'll see you all soon, I promise." He waved to them and they waved back.
He wasn't actually talking to his brothers.
It was all his doing.
He was the director, movements and words were all being controlled by him.
The particles broke apart then formed into the image of his parents.
"Umma, Appa. I really miss you." He told them.
"Aw, Honey, Umma and Appa miss you too." His mother kissed his forehead, but he had felt nothing.
"How's the mission going, son?" His appa asked.
"It's going really good...except that I fell in love with _____. I never thought I would fall in love with a human. And it had to be THAT human...the one I can't have." He dejectedly lowered eyes.
"Shh, it's okay." His umma pet his hair soothingly even though he could not feel it.
"You'll get over her. Don't worry. Just focus on your mission." His dad said.
"Ne. I'll see you when I get back then." He forced a smile and watched them disintegrate and reform for the second time.
This time, he imagined _____.
She walked to him and went into his arms.
He played with the ends of her non-existent hair.
"You love me don't you?" He asked.
"Of course, Sungjong. You know I wish to have you instead." She placed a hand on his beating heart.
Oh how he wished those words were true.
But she was not even real and following his direction, his script.
He lifted up her chin so that would reach his.
He kissed the hologram of _____ imagining how her real lips could have felt like.
He was still kissing her before the particles departed and formed one last time in the image of Luna.
She glowed and smiled prettily at him without any words.
His heart softened just a bit.
"I really like spending time with you." He said.
"I do too."
"Will you...watch me until I fall asleep?" 
"Sure." She gracefully walked to his bedside and pulled the covers over his body.
Slowly, he settled into the blankets and closed his eyes.
The hologram of Luna sat beside Sungjong's body with a hand on his bicep.
As he drifted into sleep, the particles parted, slowly losing their glow and becoming the air once again.

LOL 
Sorry for the late update, I was sidetracked watching Ranking King, Weekly Idol & Inkigayo ;p Then I started reading a fanfic waiting for Miss co-author. ;I
Teaser for the next chapter:
It's a You/Yoseob Chapter~! ^^
Oh, yeah and happy CANADA DAY to all meh fellow Canadians~ Eh.
And on July 4th, happy Independence Day! :D