Let's Talk

The Warrior Ice Prince

The Warrior Ice Prince

 
 
 
Chapter 84 : Let's Talk
 
 
 
Your POV:
 
 
 
"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Minwoo asked, reluctant to leave after the eventful night we just had.
 
"Yeah. I'm really tired. I'm just going to go straight to bed." I said, nodding.
 
I was hugging myself and rubbing the sides of my arms, but I wasn't cold.
 
"Okay. Rest well." Minwoo came up and lightly placed his lips on my temple. 
 
"I love you." He added quietly.
 
Once he turned around to leave, I took out my keys from my pocket and unlocked the door.
 
It was 9PM.
 
Mir was home from work and heard me come in.
 
"Welcome home, baby girl. How was dinner?" He asked.
 
I slipped off my shoes and walked past him as if he wasn't even there.
 
"_____?" He asked, concerned. "What's wrong? Did something happen?" 
 
I stopped midway to the stairs, wanting to escape the world for a few millennia, but I knew that I shouldn't act this way to him.
 
"I'm really tired, Oppa. Let's talk another time, okay?" I turned and smiled weakly.
 
He paused for a moment knowing something was wrong, but I wasn't ready to talk about it yet.
 
"Okay. Sleep well." Mir solemnly nodded, clearly worried and will probably worry until I told him, but let me have my space.
 
I started to go up to the second floor, but came running back to him and hugged him tightly, but briefly then went into my room, locking the door behind me.
 
I shook off my jacket and left it where it fell.
 
I began the ritual of getting ready to sleep.
 
I changed into my sleepwear, brushed my teeth and got into bed.
 
That was when the tears started slipping out, one by one before I was full out crying.
 
My cries were still audible even though I tried to muffle them.
 
A shadow appeared in the crack at the bottom of the door and I knew that Mir was there, listening to me cry.
 
I knew that he was deciding whether to come in or not, not knowing I locked the door.
 
He eventually gave in and jiggled the knob, but was unable to open it.
 
I heard him drop to the floor and lean against the door which only made me feel worse.
 
Eventually he left, going to bed himself without much of anything else he could do.
 
Long after all of the lights in the house were turned off, I was still sobbing.
 
 
 
I didn't go out of the house the next day.
 
Mir had the day off so he was at home with me.
 
He continued to give me space and even went out by himself to get groceries, but when he returned I was still unsmiling and didn't talk.
 
I got many missed calls and texts from Luna, Minwoo and Yoseob.
 
Luna wanted to know what happened the night before and asked me if I was okay in her texts.
 
Minwoo called me a few times—none of those times I answered, and Yoseob did a mixture of both.
 
He called and texted several times, but I never read the texts.
 
In the end, he left me a couple of voice messages, then gave up.
 
It wasn't until dinner when Mir and I were eating together when he finally asked what was wrong.
 
He was in the middle of slurping the contents of his spoon when he suddenly stopped, dumping the rest back into the bowl and putting it down.
 
He observed me before asking and when he did, I stared into the delicious soup I had barely touched.
 
It took me a while, but I answered, a little bit shaky and quiet.
 
"Yoseob." I could barely let the name slip from my tongue.
 
"Yoseob? Did he hurt you again?" He asked, giving me his full attention.
 
"He..." 
 
Mir waited, silently pushing me to go on.
 
"He told me that he's in love with me." 
 
My brother said nothing, made no sound or movement.
 
Then he smiled, quite fakely and picked up his spoon again.
 
"Finish your soup, okay? It'll make you feel better." 
 
And with that, the whole topic was dropped.
 
He didn't know what to do.
 
I did as he asked.
 
It was the least I could do.
 
Finishing dinner took a half an hour more, but I ate all of it.
 
I just locked myself in my room after.
 
I thought that maybe a bath would be calming, so I did up my hair and soaked in the fragrant hot water.
 
It did wonders to my body, cleansing it and loosening up all of my muscles.
 
Unfortunately, it did nothing to ease my racing mind.
 
All it did was replay the confession and the kisses, both Minwoo's and Yoseob's. 
 
My cellphone caught my attention when it vibrated on top of the laundry basket beside the tub.
 
It was alerting me of the voice messages I hadn't yet checked.
 
I stared at the screen and unlocked the phone, going to voice mail and putting it to my ear.
 
The first message played.
 
"_____...uh...I'm sorry, all right? Would you please just answer? Let's talk." 
 
It ended and went to the second message.
 
"I love you, even if you're with Minwoo. I'm not going to giving up so how about giving me a chance, huh? Even if you love Minwoo...just...just...aish. Sorry, bye." 
 
It was the last one.
 
I pulled the phone away from my face, turned it off and put it back.
 
I sank into the water.
 
I was so confused.
 
 

Suddenly, it was dreadfully Monday.
 
I had no idea how it happened, it just sort of snuck up on me.
 
All I remembeed was all of the calls and texts and talking with Mir who didn't know how to help me and ending up at school early this morning.
 
Now that I was there, I was utterly afraid.
 
It was too late to turn back now so I proceeded cautiously. 
 
At least I only had one class today.
 
Yoseob was there at the gate waiting for me.
 
I sped-walked past him, not giving him a chance to stop me so instead he caught up.
 
"_____, are you okay?" He asked, real concern filling his voice.
 
Don't look, don't touch, don't talk, don't do anything, I commanded myself.
 
Ignoring Yoseob and trying to get to class as quickly as possible, I wished that he would just leave me alone.
 
I wasn't ready to speak to him yet even less see him.
 
Jeez, it happened a little more then a day ago. Can't he understand that I need some time? 
 
At this rate, I really didn't want to see him ever.
 
Luckily, he made no move to touch me whatsoever.
 
If he did, I don't know what I would've done.
 
"Did you get my texts? Messages? Man, now I sound like some kind of obsessive...desperate ex-boyfriend or something." Yoseob carelessly said.
 
It struck a nerve.
 
I spun around so quickly that he almost bumped into me.
 
"Woah. Careful." 
 
"Listen, you can't be a obsessive, desperate ex-boyfriend because we were never dating. Now can you please leave me alone? I really don't want to see you." I bit, going a little bit too far.
 
Hurt flashed across his face.
 
I was too angry to care and continued walking.
 
 
 
Even though he was dying to follow after her some more, he did as she asked.
 
Damn, you really screwed up, he sighed.
 
It was almost time for him to go to class anyway.
 
He turned around and started walking, running his fingers through his hair then spinning around again and going after her.
 
Yoseob was just going to sit in the back. 
 
She won't notice him. 
 
She won't even know that he had ever been there.
 
Okay.
 
He quietly followed her, undetected and took a seat in the very last row near the door. 
 
_____ sat a few rows ahead in the section to his right.
 
Whispered gossips started to float about the room around him, but he paid no attention to them.
 
He watched _____, people noticing and wondering what was going on.
 
 
 
Talking filled up my ears making me lose concentration on the article I was reading.
 
Annoyed, I looked to my neighbours around me and saw that they were all whispering to each other more than usual.
 
They glanced my way many times as well.
 
I curiously turned toward my neighbours.
 
"What is everyone talking about?" 
 
She smiled secretively to me.
 
"Yang Yoseob is here and he's staring at you." She giggled and pointed behind me.
 
"What? That's impossible." I turned, finding him almost instantly.
 
At first, he tried to hide himself, but in knowing that he had already been caught, he smiled sheepishly, giving a small wave.
 
Groaning, I spun back forward and hit my face. 
 
"Why is he here?" I muttered to myself.
 
My cellphone vibrated in my pocket.
 
I took it out and read the new message.
 
You can't just avoid me. We have to talk eventually.
 
I rolled my eyes and furiously typed a message back.
 
No we don't. I think you've spoken more than enough last time. Don't text me anymore and if you keep me from paying attention, I'll kill you.
 
I shoved it back in my pocket and prepared to learn and ignore any other distractions.
 
 
 
After class, I packed up my books as quickly as possible and sped out of the room.
 
I could go home. 
 
Safely, if I don't run into Yoseob. 
 
"_____! Come on! Just give me five minutes. Okay ten." He got up as I passed by him. 
 
He followed behind me pleading with me to stop and give him a moment.
 
"Fine, just five minutes. Come with me, please?" 
 
"No."
 
"Come on. It's not fair that you won't even let me explain myself." He whined.
 
When I didn't respond that time, he decided to take action by taking my hand and lead me somewhere.
 
Me, along with everyone we passed, gawked at him and our intertwined hands.
 
Honestly, I stopped thinking and just sort of followed.
 
I only felt the warm grip he had on me.
 
He took us out of the school grounds and stopped a few feet outside of the gate.
 
Yoseob looked left and I wondered what he was looking at.
 
He wanted to talk to me so why wasn't he?
 
Only then I tore my eyes from him and looked at where he was looking.
 
Minwoo stood there, staring, obviously wondering what Yoseob was doing.
 
Our hands!
 
I quickly shook his off and stepped away from him.
 
"Leave me alone..." I told Yoseob quietly, almost robotically, as if it was scripted. "We don't need to talk."
 
With my head lowered, I went to Minwoo who took me in his arms immediately. 
 
"Are you going home?" He asked.
 
I nodded and clung onto his arm. 
 
 
 
Yoseob stood dismally and watched them leave, having lost again.
 
Maybe he was being a little bit too pushy.
 
Maybe it would be right to give her some time.
 
Not that he had a choice.
 
 
 
"He's bothering you still, hm?" Minwoo asked when we left the school far behind.
 
"Yeah. He wants us to talk, but he doesn't get the meaning of no. I think that he forgets that I have a boyfriend." I smile humourlessly. 
 
"It's okay. He'll give up eventually. Call me whenever you want." He reassured, but it just wasn't what I wanted to hear.
 
I sighed forlornly.
 
I noticed that he was wearing his school uniform and had his backpack on.
 
"Oh yeah. Shouldn't you be in class?" I asked.
 
"We had an early dismissal. I was going to see if you were done with your classes as well." 
 
"Oh." I replied. 
 
We walked the rest of the way in silence. 
 
I moved in closer to him and lied my tired head on his shoulder, hoping to feel better like I usually did.
 
When we got to my house, he bade me goodbye and went home.
 
I tried everything to find comfort in Minwoo, but for some reason, I never got any.
 
Not this time.
 
It only ended up with me feeling empty and lost.
 

A few announcements here guys!

 

Okay, first, I'm sorry I haven't been updating lately. You know how it is, busy, busy, busy!

 

Secondly, I'm going to be changing my usual writing format so that I can bring you better quality writings! I'm actually going to use paragraphs. (I have no idea why I thought writing like this was a good idea at the time.)

 

Thirdly, I usually write on my email and since they have updated the website, their range of colours have decreased by a lot so those will be different as well, but they are going to be mostly the same. (i.e Sungjong = Light green, Luna = Purple, Mir = green etc.) But you might have noticed that some are a little off already.

 

Fourthly, my spring break is coming next week for two whole weeks so I'll definitely be writing then.

 

Lastly, thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much for reading this crappy story and for those who have been with me since the beginning, HOLLA. To you new readers too, and semi-new etc. etc.

 

But really, I appreciate each and everyone of you because I don't know about you guys, but this chapter and this message is getting too long, but you guys get what I'm trying to say.

 

SO THANK YOU ALL AND UPDATES AND CHANGES AND STUFF. K. YEAH. NEXT TIME.

 

POLL: