Youngjae 54

B.A.P. Oneshots II

August 14, 2013

10:15 p.m KST

Installment number 90

            “Hi baby! This is your appa speaking, Yoo Youngjae-imnida, haha.” Youngjae adjusted the camera so that it was above his face and heaved a loud sigh. “You better be born well and be a good child because your daddy has gone through a lot of pain these last few months, and the next three won’t be any better. So you should learn of our hardships now. So here is episode 90 of the Youngsuk pregnancy.”

            It had been his brilliant idea to start making a film diary for his baby along the pregnancy for later purposes. It would be important to show his son how dedicated his parents were to him from the very start. Youngjae checked the calendar by his door and looked back to the calendar.

            “So in the past five days, quite a bit has happened. You officially reached your six months! Are you happily growing? I know you’ve been kicking quite a bit and mommy’s getting tired. She’s also getting cranky, but you won’t tell her that. Tonight, she treated herself to a night out with her friends. So that means, I get to talk to you all night. Or not really, because when you watch this, I don’t want you staring at the television screen for longer than an hour at a time.”

            Youngjae lowered the camera so that his arm muscles could rest before clearing his throat and starting again. “Well, let’s begin and talk about what your lovely mother did the other day. I don’t know if it’s you or her that’s hungry all the time, but really. She always blames it on you, but personally, I think it’s all her. I know she’s eating for two, but come on, this is ridiculous.

            “She told me the other day, at midnight, mind you, that she had a sudden and desperate need, need, to eat cloned sheep meat. I don’t even know what that means. But of course, she insisted and so I had to look it up on the internet. Thank goodness you are a boy. Or rather, I feel your pain. One day, hopefully in a few decades from now, you will have to deal with women and their unusual cravings too.”

            Youngjae chuckled a little at the memory and continued. “So I looked up cloned sheep meat. Apparently it’s meant to provide healthier fats and that was why she insisted. I hope you grow up to be healthy, with all the trouble I went through to get the meat. Why she couldn’t just eat chicken is beyond me.”

            He took a break for a second. “So I got into my car, and by this time, it was nearing one in the morning. I had to drive halfway across the country to go to a supermarket that was miraculously open in the wee hours. I arrived right before they closed and had to beg the man to please sell me some cloned sheep meat. By the time I got back, she told me she had satisfied her desires with steak. Women. Really. Youngsuk, please feel sympathy for your father.”

            Youngjae shifted and flipped through his notebook to see what else he had to tell his son. “I think you remember from episode 70, your mom once wanted me to feed her imitation crab dipped in Russian dressing. That was easier to make but she spent the next three days throwing up. I don’t think you particularly liked it. Next time, young man, if you don’t like a food, you need to learn to keep it in. Real men aren’t very picky.”

            The camera was starting to shake from the muscle fatigue and so Youngjae decided to wrap it up. He brought his hands to his cheeks. “One day, I get to see you and squish you, my lovely son. I cannot wait the next three months. Until then, this is your appa singing out. Mwah~”

            He turned off the recorder and hummed to himself, pleased with the newest episode. As he got off the bed to burn the recording onto a CD, he saw his wife standing in the doorway. Her eyebrows were raised and he let out a tiny scream.

            “You! Aren’t you supposed to be not home?”

            She pursed her lips. “I decided to not let my darling husband spend time alone. I was scared you would get lonely. But I see you had company.”

            “Company? What are you talking about?”

            “What were you watching on that device of yours?”

            He let out a small breath of relief. So she hadn’t figured out his secret project. He ran a hand through his hair and cleared his throat. “This, you dinosaur, is a video recorder. Have you honestly never seen one?”

            She blushed. “Oh from far away I thought it was a small portable screen.”

            Youngjae rolled his eyes and puckered his lips for a kiss. “Kiss me and all is forgiven.”

            She shrank away in disgust. “Euw, I’m pregnant.”

            His mouth fell open. That was a new one. “What type of excuse is that?” 

            “A completely valid one, considering how I heard you complaining about all my cravings!” And there it was, her crazy hormones were acting up again.

            He grabbed her arm and spun her into him. “If you really must know, I’m filming a project for our son. It’s a weekly edition of your pregnancy. I was merely informing him of the requests you have asked of me.”

            There was a silence and then she giggled. “Really? That’s so clever though. You should have told me. I was going to do one and complain about how unhelpful you have been throughout this entire pregnancy.”

            She tore herself away from his arms in a huff and Youngjae stared after her. Unhelpful? Well the next time she craved cloned sheep meat, she could get it herself.

 

This is for kikwanglvr :D

I had a of brilliance when I saw the gif... and so here you go ^^