Zelo 69 - Part II

B.A.P. Oneshots II

The sequel to this Zelo that you all asked for. I'll be doing my best to double update these days to reach my schedule by March 31st. 

 

            Junhong stepped out from the room and looked around. There was, luckily, nobody in the hallway. He hurried towards the stairs and started to walk down. In his head, he still rehearsed all the words that he wanted to say. Even though his hyungs had told him that it was really an instinctive thing, he still didn’t want to be caught off guard and look like an idiot.

            “I like you.” He whispered to himself. That was all he needed to say. Something short, sweet, simple. But it was maybe a little too simple. “I really like you, Noona.” He liked that better. Adding the name he always called her would make it more personal and maybe make her blush.

            Junhong hit himself over the head. What was he thinking, making her blush? As if she really would. That would imply that she had feelings for him that she definitely didn’t have. He remembered Yongguk-Hyung’s advice. “Don’t have hope. But don’t have no hope either. Don’t think of any outcome, just think of it as a conversational sentence and she just needs to respond. That’s it. Don’t overthink.”

            He took a deep breath and nearly missed the steps. He had to focus. Why did she have to be on the second floor? He shook his head in frustration and continued to storm down the stairs, his heart pounding with his feet.

***

            Lia was glad that the second floor was split into two and that her side was all girls. This meant nobody would question why she looked so shady as she forced herself to head to the stairwell. Daehyun’s room was on the seventh floor. She would walk there and not take the elevator, giving herself time to think.

            It was going to be really easy. She was going to press the elevator button beforehand and then knock on Daehyun’s door. Hopefully it would be Junhong who answered but anyone would be okay. She would request to talk to him and just say the words.

            “I just wanted to tell you that I liked you. Bye.” And by then hopefully the elevator doors would be open and waiting and she can jump in and avoid further embarrassment. It was a stellar plan.

            Would it be too simple to tell him that she liked him? What if he thought she was a creep then? Staying friends was not an option but it was so difficult. Sometimes, she cursed Daehyun’s existence and today was one of those days. If only he weren’t dating her best friend…

            Lia continued up her way and heard footsteps coming down. She moved away to let the person pass when she heard a gasp. “Noona?” Her head shot up a little too quickly.

***

            Junhong was muttering to himself as he went down the steps. He heard someone else walk and rounded the corner. His mind was still a little slow but he definitely recognized the person. There, right in the middle of the stairwell, with no easy escape route, was his Noona.

            “Noona?” he let out without even thinking properly.

            All the words he wanted to say flew back into his throat and he was caught. She was staring at him, absolutely dumbfounded.

            “Oh, I was going to see you.” She spoke first and his eyes widened.

            “Why?”

            “I had something to tell you.”

            “Me too,” he blurted out quickly and she motioned for him to speak first.

            “No you go first. My question would sort of end the conversation.” He fidgeted and she gave a nervous chuckle.

            “Actually, once I tell you what I need to, I need to go. So you better go first.”

            Junhong took a deep breath and glanced at the wall. Please, he prayed, please let the hyungs be right and allow it to be easy.

            “Noona, I like you.” He said the last few words maybe a little too quickly. He stood there and waited for her response. He wasn’t going to leave until he got one.

            She was silent and staring at him. Then she sniffled a little and he immediately walked down the stairs in concern. “What’s wrong?”

            She waved him off, and gave a little laugh. It was rare for her to cry, but this was really out of relief and happiness. “I wasn’t expecting that.”

            All of a sudden he felt self-conscious and Junhong shuffled. “I’m sorry,” he apologized.

            She laughed. “What are you apologizing for? You made my job easier.”

            “What?” he was lost and she leaned over and whispered in his ear, “I like you too.”

            He pulled away and just stared. “Really?” A blush was spreading across his face and she bit her nail, nodding. He pumped his fist and let out a happy yell. Lia laughed with him.

            “Did that make you happy?”

            He grabbed her by the waist and managed to lift her despite there being not a lot of space in the cramped staircase. “Yes!” he shouted.

            The two of them heard doors opening and a bunch of male voices from above saying, “Keep the happiness down, will you?”

            And from below, two excited girls let out happy squeals. “We knew it!”

            Junhong looked shyly at the girl in his arms and she covered her face in embarrassment.