Zelo 64

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            You watched him from afar and timed his steps. He had much longer legs than the other guy and was approaching you faster than you expected. You had to prepare yourself. If you had to abort your mission one more time, then you would be totally screwed over. He was past the water fountain and you tapped your foot, counting the beats.

            Why did he always have to have his earphones in? It would be so much harder to simply shout his name and have him hear you. You waited, and then he was quickly coming. You could hear the rap blaring from his headset.

            “Hi!” you ran out of your hiding place and stared at him dumbly for a good moment. You had temporarily forgotten your speech. The warning bell rang for the start of classes and you the paper in his direction. “See ya!” and ran off.

            You felt bad that you were unable to tell him what your friend wanted you to tell him but class was more important and so was avoiding embarrassment. And if you had stayed there any longer, then it would most definitely have morphed into the single most awkward situation of your life.

            “Did you give it to him?” She leaned over eagerly and looked at you. You rolled your eyes slightly and gave her a playful smile.

            “Nearly killed me, but yes. I did it. Now can I please have my food?”

            She giggled and placed three tiers of lunch box goodies on the desk in front of you. “Enjoy! I hope you don’t kill me but I have a couple more letters to give him.”

            You looked at her. “How about you do it yourself? Come on! Lowerclassmen approach upperclassmen all the time. You’ll probably just be another little girl who’s vying for his affections.”

            She bit her lip and smacked you on the arm. “Hey! Don’t say that. I want to be the only one.”

            You gave her a mischievous look. “Yes, of course you’re the only one, Mrs. Choi. I hope you’re happy?”

            She squealed and clapped her hands. Reaching into her book bag, she took out another folded letter. “I’ll cook for you every day even though I have to bake for my boyfriend too.”

            You took the letter and shook your head. If she weren’t your best friend, you would have just refused her. But who could deny such an amazing cook her love? On the inside, you weren’t sure how compatible the two were, but anything to make her happy. She had, after all, been the only one who helped you during your toughest times. And if she jumped from guy to guy once a semester, who were you to judge? Junhong had been the most serious in a long time.

            You had found out his schedule from your brother and even though you felt a bit uncomfortable stalking him, you were just the messenger. Whatever creepy words he had to read were all from your friend.            

            You waited outside his dance practice. The guys pushed open the doors and you wrinkled your nose. You just had a whiff of what your brother liked to call man odor, but what you knew as just general bad BO. Some of the boys nodded at you and you peered in. Junhong was still dancing by himself. You were fascinated. He was really talented and understood how he was made captain even though he was one of the youngest.

            He looked up and your eyes met in the mirror. You let out a tiny squeak and tossed the letter in before running away again. You really had to stop doing it like this. Next time, you were going to just slip it into his locker.

            You collapsed on your chair the next day. When she came to bother you again, asking about the letter you had delivered, you opened one eye to glare at her. “Never again.”

            She sighed and rubbed your shoulders in what you knew was not sympathy. Your best friend, and most annoying manipulator in the world, took out the usual lunch. “I made your favorite,” she sang. You let out a huff. Nobody could refuse her.      

            “One more, I promise. But this time, ask for a response?”

            “I have to talk to him?” You were incredulous. She was asking for way too much by now.

            “Please.” She blinked her doe like eyes. You let out a curse and took out your notebook.

            “Go away. I need to study.”

            “Please?”

            “Alright. I’ll even write down your home address so he could personally deliver it to you.”

            Her face turned pink and she giggled. “Thanks.”

            You found out his locker this time and were trying to stuff the letter into the slip but she must have added something inside because the thing would not fit. You looked around frantically. If he caught you…

            Just as you managed to get the thing halfway in and were writing on a post-it, ‘Respond please!’ and adding her phone number, you saw someone turn the corner. Junhong looked confused and you panicked. In a hurry, you ran away, dropping your pen and your pencil case. Never again, you vowed.

            The door to your classroom opened and you saw a familiar tall boy enter, bowing as he came in. The girls gasped and he held out your pencil case. When he saw you, his face lit up and he handed it to you.

            “You dropped it yesterday.”

            You stared at him stupidly, before your friend nudged you. “Oh, thank you,” you whispered. He gave you a shy smile and waved before exiting. Everyone harassed you with questions.

            “Go away, he’s her man,” you indicated your dearest right next to you.

            Infuriatingly, and frustratingly, she turned to you and shook her head. “I don’t think so. I think I heard through the grapevine that he likes you instead.” Your mouth fell open and she sidled up to you. “Give me Jongup-Oppa’s number please?”

            You glared at her. “Not my brother!”

 

 

this is for mickeymouse97

thank you all for the birthday wishes ♥

hehe this wasn't based off of Reply 1997, but the situation is similar. ^^ It was requested