Jongup 89

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            You were nervous but he was perfectly fine, walking down the sidewalk. Your arms swung between the two of you and Jongup smiled. “Oh, come on! It’s just meeting my parents! They’re totally fine with you and they’ve been wanting to meet you ever since my mom walked in on me planning for our first date.”

            “And this is like five months past that. Wouldn’t they be wondering what kept me away?”

            “Oh, they know that we were away at school. It’s fine! You get to meet my brothers and my dog and you’ll be part of the family.” Jongup said it all so casually, she wondered if he was really being reassuring.

            “What if they don’t like me?” You asked in horror.

            “Nonsense.” And he squeezed your fingers tightly. “I like you and my judgment is number one.”

            You really smiled then and continued allowing him to lead you down the road. “How much further?”

            “We’re almost there. You’ll know.”

            You wondered what he meant but didn’t ask. Whenever Jongup became mysterious like this, you knew nothing you do would ever tell him to spill. The two of you turned a corner and the house right there, you knew.

            You knew because you saw the large banner flying high up, with words that made you more embarrassed and nervous than ever: WELCOME JONGUP’S GIRLFRIEND.

            The entire family was gathered on the lawn and they were all peering over the fence. His brothers, upon seeing Jongup, waved enthusiastically and one ran out to greet you. Good genes ran in the family, you noted. The older brother grabbed your hand and shook it before bowing and planting a kiss on it.

            “Good to meet you, my lady,” he said with a cheeky grin and he cuffed Jongup on the head. “Nice choice.”

            Jongup led you through the gates and you bowed politely to everyone. Used to being the oldest in the family, it was strange to have older brothers running around. Jongup had no inhibitions as he pulled you forward to meet his mother and father.

            “Brought to you as promised.”

            He had his mother’s smile and she kissed your cheek and hugged you. “I hope you’re hungry because I prepared a bit of food.”

            “A bit?” His father said. He winked at you and mumbled in a stage whisper, “She was up all morning making a lot of food.”

            You quickly apologized for inconveniencing her and she waved your apologies away. “Nonsense! I’ve had to raise three sons, do you really think cooking for one more little girl would be much effort?”

            She pointed at the large space before her. “Enjoy! Go meet the boys and then come eat when I call for you.”

            His brothers were friendly towards you, one was always casually flirting and the other spent more time trying to talk to you. Jongup sat next to you, with his large dog in his lap, just happy that you were enjoying your time with his family.

            When the food was set, his mother insisted on personally serving you and you always ended up with heaps upon heaps of food on your plate. As you ate, his father asked you a couple of questions about your studies but you didn’t feel intimidated at all. They were a genuine family, and you knew that they all liked you.

            When the sun was setting, Jongup stood. “I’m going to take her home, mom.”

            The woman stood up and kissed you again. “Come back soon, okay?”

            You grinned and promised that you would at the soonest opportunity. As you waved goodbye, his brothers chorused, “Bye, sister-in-law,” causing his mom to laugh and the two of you to chuckle out of awkward shyness.

            Walking back was more pleasant now that your fears were quelled. “So, did you like them?”

            “Like them? I love your family.”

            Jongup smiled. “Good because they were afraid you wouldn’t like them.”

            You looked at him in astonishment. “But they’re just like you! What’s not to love?”

            He smiled mischievously. “Oh, was that a confession I hear?”

            You bit your lip and turned your head. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

            He leaned in closer. “Do you love me?” He was grinning from ear to ear and you scrunched your nose, still refusing to answer. He chuckled and turned your chin towards him and kissed you softly. “It’s okay. I love you too, my shy little pumpkin.” 

 

fluff fluff fluff for Ella_Esctasy