Zelo 42

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Wah, our baby is growing up!” Daehyun patted Zelo roughly on the back and the maknae nearly choked. He pretended to wipe away a tear. “Even Yongguk-hyung is just currently engaged.”

            Zelo gave s a weak smile and bit his lip nervously. He straightened and readjusted his bowtie over and over again as he kicked slightly at the floor. Himchan touched his knee.

            “Hey, you’re getting married. You can’t keep acting like a kid.”

            The baby of the group nodded and he looked slightly dazed. Himchan kicked into full mother mode. “Junhong, are you sure this is the right girl? Is she who you want to wake up to every morning? Can you talk to her about your problems? Will you want her to be the mother of your children? These are all questions I’ve asked you before but now you need to rethink.”

            Zelo’s mouth opened and he whispered, “Hyung, my tummy hurts.” His lips curved down into a tiny frown and Himchan shook his head.

            “Are you serious?”

            He nodded and Yongguk took him by the hand. “Junhong, are you sure you’re going to be okay?”

            “Nervous,” Zelo managed to spit out and Jongup ran up to him and twirled him around.

            “Don’t be! Be happy! If you think about it, what if your bride’s nervous too? You don’t want her panicking on you the way you are on her right? You’re going to go down that aisle and wait for her there. And you’ll have all of us next to you, supporting you.”

            He blinked a little and gave another tiny nod. “Okay. But why couldn’t you guys have gotten married first? I wanted to see how it was done.”

            “Because none of us were lucky enough to find a girl who would say yes,” Youngjae quipped dryly as he brought over some juice to soothe the maknae’s nerves.

            Zelo grinned a little at this and Yongguk, continuing with the light atmosphere, pretended to be offended. “Maybe you couldn’t find a girl, but I certainly did. Hey, have yourself a wedding that Hyung would have to live up to.”

            The six of them bantered back and forth until it was time for them to get dressed. Himchan studied himself seriously in the mirror and the others bustled around, straightening each other’s ties.

            Jongup had pulled Zelo to the corner. “Are you ready? There’s no going back!”       

            He nodded and took a deep breath, folding his long legs into the proper form for meditation. “Give me a few minutes to let it sink in,” he said.

            When their fathers stuck their heads in to tell the boys that they were ready, Zelo gulped. “Okay, I will stand there, facing her and then I’ll take her hand and then we walk to the end of the aisle and we say our vows right?”

            Yongguk nodded as he readjusted the bowtie which had become slightly loose. “Yes and you don’t need to look so nervous. Imagine how she’s feeling? She can’t trip with the whole audience looking at her. And, I’m sorry to say, they will all be looking at her, not at you.”

            Zelo let out a small sigh of relief. “That isn’t so bad.” Then his face creased. “What if I forget my vows?”

            Yongguk laughed. “I think the minister is going to say them to you. I highly doubt you’ll forget them. But don’t worry because if you do, just make sure you fill them in, make it up!”

            And then the cue came. Zelo and his ushers lined up at the end of the aisle. As they waited, several people patted his hand and Jongup gave his shoulder a reassuring squeeze. The timely wedding march came on and all of a sudden, he straightened.

            Daehyun patted his cheek. “This is it. Miss Right is coming.”

            The maknae gave a small smile at the nickname and watched as she came down the corridor, a vision in white. His heart raced and she saw that she too was trying to hide her anxiousness. To help alleviate her, he gave her a wide smile before Jongup pinched him. “Not yet, not yet. Look solemn for a while.”

            The moment she came to him, Zelo took her hand and turned so they were both facing the priest. To his surprise, he remembered the vows perfectly, even adding a few flourishes of his own. She repeated hers and the entire room burst into applause as they kissed.

            As was customary, Zelo and his bride were released onto the masses. His hyungs were the first to greet them. Himchan mushed his cheek and proceeded to do so to their new sister-in-law. “Welcome to the family! And see how smoothly that went?”

            Now that the ceremony was over, Zelo was smiling. “Thank you for getting me past those times,” he bowed. He turned to her. “I was having a severe attack of the butterflies.”

            She laughed. “I was this close to leaving you stranded out there.”

            Zelo gave her a happy grin and took her hand in his. “Come on, let’s go greet the other guests.” 

 

Zelo being the first married for kissmeemily :D