Daehyun 102

B.A.P. Oneshots II

You eyed the boy coming your way with suspicion. He had on a beatific smile, and was approaching you with something close to reverence. You were even more surprised when he dropped on one knee and took your hand in his. Who was this and what was going on? You glanced left and right to check to see if this was some sort of prank camera. You were not in the mood.   

            “My dearest friend, would you find it within your kind heart to help a poor boy in need?”

            You raised an eyebrow. Daehyun was never this nice to you unless he wanted something, and even this was going too far. “What?”

            He sprang up. “How was that?”

            “How was what?” You were getting annoyed. If he didn’t get to the point soon, you were going to hit him.

            “The proposal?”

            “You proposed? When, where, to who?”

            “I-I was trying a method out, that’s all.” He scratched his head. “You seemed like you agreed, so I figured it worked.”

            You laughed and knocked on his head. “Daehyun, Jung Daehyun, is everything alright up there? What do you need so badly from me that you would come begging for?”

            He scrunched his nose up and looked at you with what you knew was his cutest expression. Well your heart was hard against him. There was nothing he could do to convince you that he was innocent, especially not after he’s opened his mouth. “Noona,” he sang, “I want you to help me.”

            You held up both hands and chuckled. “Alright, now I know that this is either a clone, or some angelic twin I don’t know about, but the Daehyun I know would never ever be caught dead calling me ‘noona.’”

            Daehyun shot you an offended look. “I would be the angelic twin if I had a twin.” You grinned. There you go; the old Daehyun was back. “I sort of like this one girl and I sort of want to maybe confess to her.” He pursed his lips and stared up at the sky, his eyes flickering as he tried to hide his embarrassment.

            “Who is it?”

            “A secret,” he whispered.

            You folded your arms. “No telling, no helping.”

            He sighed and whispered a name in your ear. You couldn’t help but laugh. “Do you think you have a chance? Daehyun, please. Let’s be realistic here.”

            He glared at you. “Will you help me or not?”

            “Go ask Youngjae! He’s the brains and he would know how you boys do your thing. What would I know about proposing? Never done it before.”

            “Yeah but you could tell me if the girl would like it. I just need you as practice, someone to simulate the situation with. Like you know, I’ll propose to you, practice proposing I meant, and you’ll tell me if it’s a go or not.” He was stammering and you knew he must be really nervous and also really serious about the plan.

            “But I have zero feels for you. I’m going to say no to you even if you came begging.”

            Daehyun dropped onto his knees and raised his clenched hands together in fervent prayer. “Please, oh goddess, please help your poor servant out. I’ll do anything, please.”

            You pulled him up. “Maybe you should just drop down on your knees in front of her and then she’ll pity you and maybe she’ll say yes.”

            Immediately, the sass was back. Daehyun sniffed indignantly. “As if. Okay, take one.” You stared at him incredulously. You haven’t even agreed but you decided, for his sake and also for your amusement, you would let him practice with you.

            Daehyun walked in, holding both hands behind his back. He smiled bashfully at you and you admired his appearance. He really wasn’t too bad looking. “Will you be my girlfriend?” Then he pulled out an imaginary bouquet. He held it there awkwardly, waiting for your response.

            You slapped your thigh as you laughed. “I had such a nice image of you until you started speaking. But that’s too abrupt. You don’t just creep up to her! What’s your situation? When are you planning on telling her you like her?”

            He scratched his head. “Uh, we’re going to the aquarium and I wanted to tell her there.”

            “Okay, then utilize your surroundings. Maybe you can casually walk up to her. I don’t think you should have any big event though. That’ll be too much.”

            He thought about your words. “Okay, stand there and pretend you’re looking at the sea life.”

            You stood, staring awkwardly at the wall. The things that Daehyun put you through… He owed you big time. He sidled up to you and placed an arm around your waist. You cringed. “Too forward. Don’t touch her so intimately!”

            Take three. Daehyun walked up to you and pointed at the wall. “It’s cute isn’t it?” You nodded, playing along but wincing internally at the awkward turtle next to you. “But not as cute as you.”

            “No! Daehyun, nooooooooo! You’re going to turn her off faster than a blackout can turn off the lights. Do not use a pick up line and do not ever compare her to a sea creature, no matter how adorable it is. You do not want to be a marine animal, I’m sure she doesn’t either. Do it again.”

            He scowled at you but squared his shoulders, determined to get things right. He moved closer next to you and said, “There are so many fish in the sea, but you’re the one for me.”

            You exploded. You hit him on the back of the head and clamped his mouth shut. “Stupid, stupid! No. Pickup. Lines. Is that too difficult? That was so cheesy!”

            He rubbed his head and moaned. “Then you tell me how to do it! How would she like it?”

            You thought carefully. “How about you just talk to her. Just talk to her, and when the timing’s right, confess?”

            Daehyun groaned and dropped his head in despair. “No. That’s lame. This is too difficult,” he whined.

            You racked your brain for more ideas before thinking of the perfect one. “All you need to do is be yourself. I’ll allow you a pickup line, but this time it’s going to be original. Ask her which of the creatures is her favorite, and when she chooses one, joke and say, ‘not me?’ That’ll give her the hint and when she responds, you can go ahead and tell her you like her.”

            He thought about it. “I like it,” he responded slowly. “But this time, aren’t I grouping myself with the animals?”

            You glared at him. “Lucky you didn’t go to a farm or else I’d put you with the goats.”

            “Ya!”

            You laughed and patted his head. Daehyun could be quite adorable sometimes. “I’m kidding. Try it out once to get the feel and then go on your date and do it for real.”

            He affectionately headbutted your arm, quite like a goat you may add, and walked next to you. “Hey, what’s your favorite sea animal here?”

            “That turtle right there.”

            He laughed and naturally took your arm. “What, not me?”

            You pretended to look at him in confusion. “What?”

            Daehyun swallowed. This was it; he had to do it in one shot. “If you asked me to choose, I’d say you were my favorite. Can I be yours?”

            Your mouth fell open. He had just broken rule number one and rule number two. No pickup lines and no comparison to creatures. But as you looked at him, still holding onto your arm, looking quite cute as he waited for an answer, you nodded.

            “Good job, Daehyun. Now go and make me proud. Go get that girl.”

            He hugged you spontaneously and jumped up in excitement. “Yes! Thank you! I’ll see you tomorrow as a taken man.” He pointed finger guns at you and pretended to shoot, winking at you, before running off like the idiot he still was.

 

shadowkitsune13 :D

UNNIE HERE. ENJOY. HAHA