Zelo 59

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            Junhong stood in front of her and waited. He knew that what he got her wasn’t much but if it would only show her how much he meant his apologies and how much he regretted pushing her away, then it would be worth it. There was a loud crack and it suddenly started pouring. He winced when the rain dropped on his head but refused to budge. Their eyes met and he was once more back to that day three weeks ago.

            It was raining and Junhong just wanted to get home. He prayed she had dinner ready and maybe had the foresight to get a hot bath prepared. He shook and his teeth chattered as he got out of the taxi and ran up the steps. He fumbled in his pockets for his keys and cursed. The house lights were off. Was she sleeping already?

            He knocked on the door and took out his phone only to be further exasperated. It had run out of battery sometime during practice and now he was left with no means of communication. The water drenched his shirt and he walked down to find a rock to throw at their bedroom window. Maybe if she heard him.

            “Junhong? Why aren’t you inside?” He turned around and saw that she was coming up the stairs. She held her umbrella over his head, tiptoeing a little because of his height.

            “Where did you go?” He was grumpy and she knew it.

            “There was a reunion remember?”

            “Right.” He waited for her to open the doors. “I don’t suppose you can have dinner? I didn’t eat.”

            She bit her lip and he waved her words away before she could come up with any lame excuses. “Forget it. Of course I have to find a way to feed myself.” He pushed past her to go upstairs and change his clothes, muttering, “Incompetent.”

            He knew he was being unfair but rationality hasn’t hit him yet. He just wanted to take a shower, get warm and sleep. When he came out of the showers, she had a bowl of ramen prepared. She sat at her desk, removing her makeup and didn’t say anything.

            “Did you put egg drop in it?”

            “Yes, Junhong. I’ve been making you ramen for two years. I know what you like.” Her voice sounded tight and he looked at her reflection. She was halfway done removing her eyeliner and one side looked more intense than the other.

            He shrugged, not really having the energy to fight and started to eat, only to spit out the first bite. “Why would you use seafood broth? You know I’m not a fan of it.”

            She sighed and placed the cotton swab on the table. “Oh, did I? I must have grabbed the wrong package. Just deal with it. Food always tastes good when you’re hungry.”

            “Not to me,” he muttered.

            He saw her glance at him. But like him, she was probably tired of their constant squabbling so she kept quiet as well. His gaze followed her to the shower and he rolled his neck, hearing the cricks snap. When had marriage gotten so complicated?

            The two of them rarely spoke to each other now, and when they did it was for mundane things. He couldn’t remember the last time she had kissed him or the last time he had called her by an endearment. The loss of romance in their relationship made him sad but the taste of seafood in his mouth only made him angry. Four years of living together and she still couldn’t figure out his tastes.

            She came out of the shower and he immediately stood to wash the dishes. It was a constant game of dodge and avoid. It didn’t even feel like a marriage anymore. By the time he went back up, she was already in bed. She had the quilt tucked around her and he briefly considered giving her a good night kiss but stopped. She wouldn’t know anyway.

            The next morning was utter chaos. He had somehow slept through his five alarms and when he came thundering down, he saw that she had not left. “Why didn’t you wake me up? You know my schedule!”

            She looked at the clock and her eyes widened. “Oh! I didn’t realize you were still here. I went outside to get groceries. I’m sorry Junhong.”

            He was already a good half hour late by now. Junhong threw his bag onto the floor and shouted, “Sorry, sorry! You’re always apologizing to me! Why can’t you just do something right? What’s the point of having you as a wife if you won’t be of any use to me?”

            He grabbed the bag from near her feet, not caring that the weight of it hit her shins and slammed the door closed. He was fuming all the way to practice and nothing the members said could persuade him to relax. It was after his tenth mistake that Yongguk placed his hand on the table.

            “Leave.” His hyung’s voice was deadly quiet and Junhong was scared.

            “What?”

            “I don’t need you here messing everyone up with your emotions. Go home, fix what’s wrong with your life and then come back to us. We don’t need you to ruin our atmosphere. There’s an important concert to prepare for.”

            He wanted to protest but Yongguk’s face was deadly still. Junhong took his bag and exited. When he reached his doorway, he saw her moving with his suitcases out the door.

            “What are you doing?” he shouted and she stared at him. Her expression was a mirror of Yongguk’s and it was with a pang that he realized he had disappointed both of them.

            “Leave. Until you get your act together, I don’t want you living under the same roof as me. Honestly, Junhong, do you call this a marriage?” She grabbed his hand and shoved a piece of paper into it. “Here’s your hotel. Bye.”

            He knew from the way that she rushed inside that she was trying to not cry in front of him. He moved dumbly into the taxi and the driver clucked his tongue sympathetically. “Women are all crazy when their whims hit. Just ride it out. Treat her a little better.”

            And so here he was, three weeks of repenting, of realizing that he was the problem, of understanding that in a marriage, it took two to make it work. He stood in front of her and held out his heart to her, the wedding ring she had stuffed in his suitcase when she packed. Junhong dropped on his knees and looked at her.

            “Will you please marry me again and let us start over?”

            She wordlessly grabbed an umbrella and held it over his head as she stood there and cried with him.

 

this is for kpop4life1

I'm going to the Infinite concert :D 

I get to see my bb Dongwoo akghadhg