Yongguk 113

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            You saw the banner on the windows as you walked past the shops, proudly announcing “Happy Father’s Day!” You beamed and pushed the doors open, an idea forming in your head. You were surrounded by the tiny yips of puppies and the soft mewls of kittens who had just woken up. In the right side of the store, you heard the pump of water tanks that held colorful fish.

            You looked around, trying to find what you were looking for when you saw the rows of cages in the back of the store. You walked past the reptiles until you were in front of the bunnies. Some were still dozing, their eyes closed and their ears flat against their heads.

            You looked at the ones who were awake and saw some just lazing around and shook your head. You didn’t need one that reminded you too much of Yongguk. His slower movements were cute but you wanted a bunny that would keep him up and going. He was going to need practice.

            “Do you have an energetic bunny?” you asked the salesperson when he approached.

            “You mean Energizer Bunny?” He grinned, joking with you.

            “Yes, I’m looking for batteries while I’m in a pet store,” you deadpanned and he pointed at a fluffy snow white rabbit.

            “This one. He looks harmless right now but once he’s hungry, he’s going to thump his left foot and hop all over his cage. It’s quite cute.”

            You bent down to observe. The rabbit stalked over to you and wrinkled its nose. It twitched the pink organ and used a paw to scratch its ear. Your heart warmed. “Hi Sniffles,” you whispered at it.

            The salesman looked at you with an amused grin. “You know it’s love when you’re naming the pet. Are you up for this one, Miss?”

            “How do you think this one would be with children?”

            “Perfect. He likes to nuzzle, and besides hopping, he’s not one for attacking.”

            You stared at the snow white fluffball and sighed. You were hopelessly in love and you knew Yongguk would be too. After purchasing all the necessities for the bunny, you walked into the supermarket and bought ingredients for a quick cake and brunch.

            You got home and snuck into the house, making sure that he was still sleeping. You started making the cake first because that needed to cool down. You worked in a frenzy, rushing thtough everything to try and beat the clock. Yongguk normally woke up at eleven and it was already ten thirty when you took the cake out of the oven and placed it into the refrigerator.

            The eggs and the toast were done and you cut them into letters. You giggled to yourself then set to work on the card. You heard the showers upstairs running just as everything was perfectly placed and waited.

            Yongguk walked downstairs. “Mm, smells good,” he grinned.

            You walked up to him and took his hand. “Happy Father’s Day, Gukkie.”

            He looked confused. “Yes, but did we have children?”

            You picked up Sniffles and showed it to him. “Meet Sniffles, our new son.”

            “Hi, Sniffles,” Yongguk greeted and giggled shyly when the bunny’s ear tickled him. He looked at you. “Thank you. I think he’ll be a good addition to our family.”

            You sat him down and he saw that the toast was cut into the words “Appa!”

            “You put in a lot of effort into this,” he said, surprised.

            You nodded and took a deep breath and handed him one last thing: the card. Yongguk took it and opened it. It was simple. On one side was a newly printed picture of Sniffles with the caption “Our First Son!”

            One the other side was a photo of a pregnancy test. The two lines were clearly visible and the caption “Our First Baby!”

            Yongguk looked at you, then dropped his eyes to your stomach and in a breath. You watched him, waiting for his reaction. Then he burst into laughter and a happy smile filled his handsome face as he clapped his hands and picked you up.

            He kissed you and Sniffles squirmed between you two. When he placed you down, he leaned his forehead against yours and stared into your eyes. “Really?” he asked, in awe and breathless.

            You nodded. You were a lot calmer, having had several days to mentally prepare yourself. “Really.”

            He laughed again and the corner of his eyes wrinkled. “Happy Pre-Father’s Day to me,” he giggled.

 

this is for polariskpop 

I know I changed the plot but I hope you liked this fluff instead

And a shout out to cranberrylips who understands who Sniffles really is :P