Youngjae 70

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            Yoo Youngjae prided himself on being very difficult to surprise. In fact, he was always on the lookout, always ready for anything that could remotely resemble a prank. That was why when January 24th rolled around, he knew. He knew that whatever was off about the day was probably just a secret camera, and if the members even looked the wrong way at him, they were planning something. And he was going to make sure they don’t succeed.

            It wasn’t that he was a party pooper. It was simply because he had a reputation to keep and he would be damned if they managed to slip this past him. So when the morning came and nothing happened, he wasn’t surprised. They were probably just waiting for the right opportunity.

            It was a regular day in the dorm. They were practicing their song for the comeback and refining the dance. It was a few months of hard work into producing the perfect full album and they were all excited and nervous. Youngjae didn’t really care if they did nothing about his birthday. He had already told the fans that he didn’t need anything. He just wanted to see everyone happy, and for them to continue supporting him.

            But the members always found time throughout the day to somehow celebrate each other’s birthdays, no matter how small, and so he would make sure he remained sharp. They practiced until lunch time and that was when everyone filed out one by one. Youngjae braced himself. They would either come in now and he would have to act surprised or they would start the secret camera.

            The manager walked in and frowned. “You guys don’t’ seem to be putting in enough energy into the practice.” Ah, so this was the beginning. Youngjae decided he would play along and then later confess that he had been playing the secret camera all along. So he hung his head. “Youngjae, come here.” He walked forward and Himchan shot Daehyun a very obvious look. The birthday boy pretended not to see.

            “What were you thinking? You have to sing the line. So you need to get out of position as quickly as possible. I thought you said you already got that part down.”

            Youngjae managed to make himself look quite contrite. “I was trying,” he mumbled. “But I sort of forgot.”

            “You can’t sort of forget on stage. Alright, let’s go again. Boys, today’s nothing special. You focused yesterday, you can focus today.” And the boys went back to work. He waited for another attack and that was when Himchan started.

            “Daehyun, your shoes keep squeaking and it throws me off.”

            Daehyun looked at the older boy. “Hyung, what are you talking about? Shoes squeak when we’re practicing. Why are you worried this time?”

            “This isn’t like a loud song where the beat can distract me. I can hear your shoes when you move. Be quiet.” And just like that, tension rose. Youngjae waited for the ax to fall and then for him to be expected to start crying. But that was it. Practice ended and nothing had happened. Huh. So they were being sneaky.

            Back at the dorm, Himchan made dinner and they each took a bowl before wandering to their separate rooms to eat. Most of the times they ate together, but clearly nobody was in the mood. This made Youngjae laugh a little. They were being a bit too obvious. But he was also a little bewildered. This was the longest any of them have taken before revealing the birthday.

            Online, the fans were still tweeting him birthday wishes and he saw the donations made under his name and was proud. Babyz were doing well for them. Daehyun walked in and Youngjae looked over. “What’s up?”

            He shrugged. “Going to shower and sleep.” It was nearly midnight. Could it be that they actually didn’t do anything? The thought hurt a little. Youngjae shook it off. It was no big deal. He never liked making a fuss anyway. And the less they could surprise him the better. He had been ready all day but to be honest, what he did not expect was for them to do nothing.

            Youngjae came out from the showers to see the whole house dark. There had been light in the bathroom. There couldn’t possibly be a blackout. “Uh, Dae? Turn on the lights. I can’t see.”

            There was a blob of light and then suddenly, “Happy birthday to you, Youngjae!” There was a burst of the obnoxious song and he felt something wet pour over him and screamed.

            The lights and a very smug Daehyun was smirking at him. “Surprised?” Yongguk was laughing and Jongup was finishing the rest of the ice water that hadn’t been poured over him.

            “W-what was that?” Youngjae sputtered.

            Himchan smirked. “You said you weren’t easy to surprise. I guess we did it.”

            “It’s not my birthday anymore!”

            Zelo held up a watch. “It is, in America.”

            Daehyun snapped a picture of what must be Youngjae’s very surprised face. “Guess we beat you.”

            “But you cheated!” His protests were muffled by a very big slice of cake shoved into his mouth.

            “Shut it and let’s celebrate.”

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOO YOUNGJAE ♥

oh my gosh guys the preview. i'm dying ajkghdaj 

double update pretty soon