Daehyun 61 - Part II

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            The line outside the classroom was long and you held onto Daemin while Jaylie held her father’s hand and introduced him to everyone. Daehyun waved hello to the kids while you signed them into the book and then you heard his tone change. You glanced up and saw him stare down at a little boy who was smiling happily at him.

            “Daddy, he’s my boyfriend!”  

            You looked over at Daemin who clapped his hand over his ears and grinned at you. You grinned at your son. “Time to go meet Noona’s boyfriend,” you sang out. Daehyun must have heard you because he turned around with the dirtiest look he could muster.

            You walked over to hear the kid telling him his name and going on about his favorite subject at school. He did look strikingly similar to Daehyun. Jaylie was holding onto his hand and gazing up at him with admiration. You hid a smile behind Daemin’s jumper and watched Daehyun’s scowl deepen.

            “Jung Jaylie,” he commanded shortly. “Get over here. We’re going to go see your teacher soon.”

            She pouted at him. “But daddy, I want to play with my friends,” she whined.

            He was about to tell her no but she dashed off with the boy and another girl. The doors to the classroom opened and a couple stepped out, thanking the teacher inside. Then a hand reached out for the list and a voice called out, “Jaylie’s parents?” You swore you could hear the excitement in her voice.

            The three of you walked in and you saw a very pretty woman smiling from her desk. She stood up immediately and Daehyun let out a happy yell. “Minah!”

            “Dae! How have you been? I haven’t seen you which should be shocking since your daughter is in my class!” she was smiling and gave him a brief hug. Daehyun was still grinning from ear to ear.

            Daemin, clearly uncomfortable, squirmed and let out an angry yowl. You shushed him and held out a hand to Ms. Choi. “I’m Jaylie’s mom.”

            She smiled warmly at you. “Nice to meet you. Who’s this?” She waved to Daemin. Your baby boy, already grumpy, turned his head and refused to meet her gaze as he buried his head in your neck.

            You laughed. “Sorry, he’s a little fussy right now. He has been waiting for a long time.”

            She nodded. “I’m sorry for the wait. Now, as for Jaylie, she’s an absolute delight to have in the class. Her enthusiasm is never wavering and she’s had a lot of progress. Take a look at some of her writings.” She spread out samples of Jaylie’s works and you recognized your daughter’s large handwriting.

            Daehyun read some of her poems and letters and laughed. “This one’s got quite an imagination.”

            “Must take after her father,” she said. “I remember in school when you would start off writing about aliens, always calling the teacher over to help you write out a word.” She smiled at you. “Daehyun and I went to school together back in the day.”

            You nodded and gave her a serene smile. “I see. I’m sure he was a positive horror back then. I don’t think he’s changed much.”

            Daehyun’s mouth dropped and Ms. Choi laughed. “He was always a charmer. All the teachers liked him even when he wouldn’t be quiet and I remember all the girls liked him too.”

            He was blushing furiously and looked around the classroom, clearly trying to find a distraction. She looked at him and suddenly Jaylie came running into the classroom.

            “Ms. Choi! Did you show mommy and daddy my writing?”

            “Yes, she did. Your handwriting is very nice,” Daehyun complimented and leaned down to hold Jaylie’s hand. She beamed proudly when her eyes gleamed and Daehyun knew what was coming before she actually said anything.

            “Ms. Choi, did you ask my daddy if he remembered you?”

            “I did, and he does!” she was laughing as she said it.

            “So daddy did you really kiss her cheek?”

            Daehyun stammered and Ms. Choi’s cheeks turned red. “Alright Jaylie, I’ll see you tomorrow in class. Thank you for coming. It’s a pleasure to teach your daughter,” she smiled again and ushered you guys out.

            After you’ve put Daemin to bed, Daehyun walked up to you. “I told you it was a bad idea. That kid looked nothing like me. What has happened to my daughter’s taste?”

            “Funny, I was going to say that the kid was really cute. I was going to question her father’s taste actually.”

            “Hey! You’re insulting yourself.”

            “I am. Why would you want to marry me when you could have married enthusiastic Ms. Choi instead?” You placed your hands on your hips.

            He rubbed the back of his neck and pursed his lips. “Don’t be mad. She was honestly just an old friend.”

            You rolled your eyes and the laundry you were going to do at him. “Go. Do some work. I’m going to sleep.”

            He placed the pile down on the floor and held you. “Are you really mad?”

            “No, you idiot. I was kidding. I think I may have seen the second grade teacher and he surely reminds me of an old friend too.”

            Daehyun’s face contorted and you kissed him on the cheek. “I’m fooling around with you. But next time, I’ll be the only one attending parent teacher conference. I think Ms. Choi got a little too happy then.”

            He grinned. “Anything for me to avoid seeing that ‘boyfriend’ is fine with me!”       

 

 

sequel

this may be the last one I'll write because I've counted and if I write every day (which I won't probably) I'll be done December 14... so I really can't get off schedule. So please only request a sequel if you feel it's in dire need.

♥ That was said in love