Himchan 69

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            You strapped on your helmet and rolled your neck. It was time to get down to business. You revved your engines a couple of times and shifted in your seat. It wasn’t so hard to drive fast. You just had to watch out for the sharp turns and avoid burnout of your tires. It was still early so you decided you were going to try a practice drive around the track, and see if you could navigate your way through the placed obstacles.

 

            It was different from the neighborhood, dangerous thrifting races, but also different from your typical racecar competitions. This one was more about skill than speed. You had confidence in your ability as a driver so this was going to be a piece of cake. It was just tough not knowing who your competition was going to be.

 

            Just as you were about to go, the judges stopped you. “You can’t go until it’s time to go. Otherwise that would be cheating.”

 

            You nodded, feeling kind of dumb for forgetting such simple rules. Of course you couldn’t’ check out the course before you started. That would give you an unfair advantage. You knew that you were going first so when the crowd began to gather, you got out and stretched your muscles. It was going to be a tight ride.

 

            The announcer said your name and a few of your accomplishments and you got back into the car. It was important to be concentrated when it came to this. One mistake and you could easily drive into a wall or into an obstacle. You adjusted your helmet and prayed that there would be no accidents, minor or major.

 

            You saw the referee raise his gun and prepared to go. The gunshot came quicker than expected and it took you a few milliseconds to prepare. You revved your engine and started off slowly, making sure that the tires were creating friction and not burning out at the very beginning.

 

            The very first obstacle was a steep curve. You had trained on the mountains so this was easy for you. You steered your way easily and heard the loud gasp of the crowd at your feat. You focused straight ahead and saw a blinking light. This was the first indication that there was going to be an obstacle and so you tensed, preparing for it. It was a ramp with a steep decline. You drove up it carefully before allowing yourself to press gently on the breaks, going down, trying not to inch too slowly but not allowing the car to tilt over either.

 

            You made it through safely and sped off. The track was straight for a while until an S bend came out of nowhere. You could feel yourself losing control of your speed so you slowed down to allow yourself time to get through this safely. It was more important to not get points deducted for hitting something than getting there in the fastest time.

 

            You breathed in deeply and exhaled when you noticed that there were only a few cones in your path this time. This you were able to get by easily and the rest of the course was a combination of deep turns and things to avoid hitting when you were traveling at a high speed.

 

            You ended the race with more seconds shaved off of your best time than you had ever done. It was officially a new record. You got out, shaking slightly from the leftover adrenaline and bowed to the crowd. They cheered for you and you went to the tent to wait until the end of the course.

 

            It was towards the end, where the last contestant was coming in that you ventured out to see who the rest of the participants were. You recognized a few from previous competitions and knew that you easily blew them away. But it was this last person who had you worried. The crowd was screaming and gasping, fluctuating in a way you never heard. The driver must be good.

 

            You heard the engine and then saw the cloud of dust. You strained your eyes and saw someone turning the corner at an impossible speed. It was a miracle this driver survived the course if he had always driven this fast throughout it.

 

            The person streamed by you and you saw a glimpse. He was wearing sunglasses, with a strong profile, without a helmet (that cocky bastard) and raised his arm in the air. You couldn’t’ believe it. There was no way.

 

            And it was at the end when they announced the winner, the name of the mysterious driver, that you had to laugh out loud.

 

            “The winner of this thrift race is Kim Himchan!”

 

            You walked out to the victor’s podium and stared at him as he went to receive his award. Your eyebrows rose slightly when your eyes met. You couldn’t help but shake your head. Of course it had to be the person who taught you the art, the person who you had just had a couple’s argument with this morning about racing in this event, who won.

 

            You gave your beloved husband the middle finger and he winked. Of course he hadn’t wanted you to race. He knew he was going to win regardless.

 

 

not sure what I wrote... but this is for Akirachen

idea was MusicChibi's

I looked it up and this was what I got for thrift racing, just added my own flair :P 
and this gif of Himchan ajkdghadjh 

Had a great time celebrating my birthday today. I really have the best friends ever.

And thank YOU all for your support as well ♥