Daehyun 78

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            Daehyun spotted her coming from a mile away. He hid behind the bushes and waited, watching her from a makeshift hole he had made. She was taking her sweet time walking, he decided and shifted impatiently. When she made her way next to him, he jumped up with his clown mask. It was satisfying to hear her scream.

            When she started running, Daehyun took off the mask and raced after her. “Hey! It was just a joke, calm yourself!” He was panting by the time he caught up to her by the school staircase.

            She turned to glare at him. “You’re so annoying. I should have known it was you. Don’t you have anything better to do in life besides going around and scaring girls? Gosh.”

            He winked at her and stuffed the mask in his bag. “It wouldn’t be fun but your expressions are priceless.” He ruffled her hair roughly. “So thank you very much for your reactions!”

            She stomped her foot and seethed. What a jerk.

            “What?” Daehyun’s eyes widened and he stood up, nearly knocking over his lunch. “Nah guys. That’s not cool. I actually want to learn from someone talented, not just her.”

            Youngjae raised his eyebrows. “She won the national female singing competition, you know. You can learn to duet and harmonize a lot better with her. Come on. You’re not scared of her, are you?”

            His friend scoffed and crossed his arms. “Scared? Of what? Who are you kidding? I just rather spend less time with her than I can.”

            The sitting boy raised his eyebrows. “So I wonder whose name it is on that Valentine’s gift you have under your bed.”

            Daehyun lunged at him. “Shush! Okay, fine. But I still can’t learn from her. She doesn’t even like me. I make fun of her all the time. I think she thinks I’m a jerk.”

            “Then this is your turn to show her that you’re really a smooth guy. Show off that charm, seduce her with your voice.” Youngjae coached and the other boy wrinkled his nose.

            Daehyun walked into the singing studio, feeling a bit apprehensive. He decided to stick with true form and show up with a prank before totally winning her over with his singing skills. But how? An idea hit him and he pulled on sunglasses and ran home to grab his brother’s sweater. He slicked his hair up and added a clip on lip piercing. When he looked at himself in the mirror, it was a completely different person staring.

            He coughed a little and lowered his voice, deepening it and pushed some syllables out through his throat to give it a guttural sound. Perfect. He walked into the studio and she was standing there. “Oh! How are you?” She bowed to him politely and Daehyun spoke. He noticed her giving him a once over and he smirked. He always knew she found him attractive. If she could be giving him a second look while he was in a hoodie, she would fall for him once he tried to dress nicely.

            “Ah, so you’re going to be harmonizing? Have you picked out a song we’re going to do with our duet?” He made sure his voice didn’t waver.

            She nodded. “Yeah, but aren’t you going to take off your hood first? The sunglasses are also a bit much; it’s quite dark in here already.” She tilted her head and smiled at him.

            He coughed and pulled the sunglasses off. Two fake eyeballs popped out at her and she screamed. Daehyun couldn’t help but laugh a bit too hard at her reaction and immediately her face changed.

            “Ya, Jung Daehyun!”

            He doubled over and she smacked him over the head. “Get on the mic and start singing.” Gone was the sweet voice. Instead, she was scowling. Oops. Time to start impressing her.          

            He walked next to her and smoothed his hair down and cleared his throat. She was side eyeing him, clearly not impressed and Daehyun started to sing. He followed the music and soon, she joined in. And it only made his heart flutter a tiny bit that they sounded so good together.

            When they finished the song, he looked at her to see if she was impressed and she scowled. “Your voice is disgusting.”

            “Oh yeah?” He started getting defensive. Call him a jerk, call him a bumpkin, but never dismiss his talent. “Then why’d you start singing along with me? Hey, you’re so mean. You can’t just say my voice is disgusting. There has to be some merit.” He kept protesting only to stop when he saw the corner of her lips lift. He narrowed his eyes and stared at her for a second.

            She burst into laughter. “You’re so dumb. I figured it would be nice for you to get a taste of your own medicine.” She then leaned in and whispered, “So when do I get my Valentine’s Day present?” When Daehyun gave her an incredulous look, she shrugged. “Youngjae told me.”

 

this is for JustCallMeA

man gotta get back into my groove for writing fluff ;; it feels so dry and rusty