Himchan 80

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            It was Himchan’s birthday, and like always, they had a schedule. Last time, they were on their Seoul tour, this time, their US tour. It was constantly work over personal lives and this time, the boys of B.A.P actually wanted to surprise him. This was how Youngjae made a Tumblr account.

            “Yjayo1994” posted something and requested that nobody send any mentions to Himchan. In the world of SNS and internet technology, keeping a secret at this grand a scale was difficult but with their busy schedules, Himchan barely had time to even eat much less go on his iPad. This was a relief as all the planning was going on.        

            “Yjayo1994” asked for fans’ support during their concert. He asked that they cheered extra obnoxiously when Himchan spoke during the show and for them to blow their whistles right when he was going to say something. He asked that everyone remain respectful and designated a few girls to bring in coffee for him. Everything was coordinated with the venue’s security and everything was checked.

            The boys randomly selected a few fans to allow their presents to be delivered onto the stage during their talk time. And, as many major fansites asked, Youngjae and B.A.P grudgingly allowed the fans to help buy them a cake.

            “Looks like all the attention will be on Himchan-Hyung this time,” Daehyun clapped happily. He was excited to see how it all went.

            Youngjae scowled. “You’re just looking forward to eating cake.”

            An onslaught of protests ensued with the other three looking on helplessly. It was only when Himchan walked in that Youngjae quickly switched the word cake to dinner. “I can’t believe you’re still thinking about dinner.”

            Daehyun caught on quickly and all crisis was averted. However, they vowed to be more careful the next time they bickered because Himchan gave them a suspicious glance. All five members gathered in one room after showering was only a little bit shady.

            The day of the concert arrived and everyone was excited. The chosen fans did their duties and some were crying, honored to be a part of the larger surprise. The presents were beautifully wrapped and compiled together. Someone had made a large Tatsmato doll and that was placed at the top of the heap.

            Yongguk had prepared a little speech for his best friend and scratched his chin nervously. It was going to take him a while to say all the English and then switch to Korean. But it was all worth it if he could somehow make Himchan tear up just a little.

            The crowd was long planning a happy birthday song and all it took was for the concert to go well and nobody to let him suspect anything. Throughout the concert, Himchan didn’t know. When fans offered him coffee, he took it, surprised, but not thinking too much on it. In fact, the extra cheering didn’t seem to faze him.

            Behind the stage, as they were changing, he commented, “I think the fans here are really enthusiastic. They cheer really loudly when we’re talking.” He had missed the fact that his cheers were extra loud.

            Jongup grinned angelically. “Well Babyz are great fans.”

            When they went back out and it was the talk time, Yongguk took the opportunity to monopolize the microphone. “To Babyz, thank you for coming. Thank you for enjoying our show and supporting us. “First Sensibility” is a success and it is because of all your love. I want to say something now.”

            He turned to a still unsuspecting Himchan and started to speak in their native tongue. “Himchan, happy birthday! You’ve worked hard with the group all these years and we’re back in America. It really is a dream come true. I hope you the best and thank you for being my friend and companion and helping me guide the kids together.”

            As the translator spoke and everyone cheered, the chosen fans shyly rolled out the cake. Nobody had seen the large creation and when they saw, they all gasped. Himchan’s mouth dropped open and he looked at the attentive audience, then at s who were clapping.

            The crowd began to sing and the music for their song, “Happy Birthday,” began to play. Himchan teared up and wiped at his eyes. He was smiling and trying to put on a brave face as s hugged him and .

            When the song was over and he had drops of frosting all over his face, Himchan took the microphone and bowed down. “Thank you everyone for supporting us! Thank you for this. This is a real surprise. Thank you Babyz! I love you!”

            Zelo presented him with a large slice of cake and he opened his mouth. Everyone was grinning as they watched Himchan wipe his tears and bow. The members distributed the cake and Himchan remained to be the last one bowing, deeply grateful and thankful to people who were equally as appreciative of him.

 

Happy birthday Himchan! Thank you for being an inspiration and for winning us over with your talent and remarkable perseverance. Thank you for guiding Yongguk and the rest of B.A.P! ♥