Jongup 82

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            You winced and held onto your ankle, cringing when you squeezed too tightly. You could see the flesh begin to swell and knew that you were going to have a hard time getting home. You gingerly placed your foot down and stood up. You tried to not place too much weight on your sprained ankle but stumbled over from the effort.

            You reached into your pockets for your phone, thinking to call your brother to get you but realized you had forgotten your phone. “Idiot,” you muttered to yourself and braced yourself against the bench you had been sitting on, preparing to stand up again. This time, you barely lasted a second before needing to collapse again.

            In the distance, you saw a figure heading your way and ducked your head, not wanting some random passerby to know the predicament you were in. But he stopped right in front of you.

            “Hey, what’s wrong?”

            You looked up with as confused a look as you could muster. “Nothing,” you answered, trying to look as beguiling as possible.

            He looked down at your leg, which was propped up on the stone bench and smiled a little. “It’s okay to admit that you got hurt. I hurt myself running all the time.” He bent down to examine you and your face burned. “Did you twist it turning that corner?”

            You nodded and he encased your ankle with his fingers and squeezed gently, right above the bone and started to soothe the swelling with his thumb. You winced when he pushed into the painful area and he pressed against the nerve on the other side.

            “I’m Jongup, by the way,” he introduced himself cheerfully. You told him your name and he nodded. “Do you run here often?”

            When you said that it was your first time because you were new to the neighborhood, he smiled at you. “Well then! You should know for next time that this overpass is always the most dangerous because the road is the only one that isn’t paved properly. You should be on the lookout next time, okay?” You just stared at the top of his head and wondered why he was being so kind.

            Jongup stood up and sat next to you. You moved back a couple of inches, staring at him a little warily. He placed your leg on his lap and continued to apply pressure to the hurt area. “Did you bring a phone to call for anyone at home?”

            You were embarrassed to admit that you had forgotten and he laughed again pleasantly. “Well, looks like I’m going to need to take responsibility for you. Try not to forget okay? A girl running by herself in the wooded park should be more careful.”

            You nodded and he gently placed your leg down. “Where do you live?”

            You stared at him and he blushed. One hand came up to cover his mouth as he gave a shy chuckle. “I mean, I’m going to take you home. You need to put an ice pack and I wouldn’t feel comfortable just leaving you even a block away. I promise, I’m not a creeper!”

            His earnestness was cute and you ducked your head to hide the smile that was threatening to bloom across your face. “How do you plan on taking me home with my bum leg?”

            Jongup squatted and presented his back to you. “Your loyal steed is ready, my Lady.”

            His arms were raised so you could hold onto him. It was awkward and also your first time on a boy’s back so you were situated weirdly. He held onto your legs and adjusted you so you were more comfortable. He wrapped your arms around his neck and began to walk out of the park.

            “Where do I go from here?”

            You directed him, amazed that the ride wasn’t bumpier. He walked at a steady pace and tried not to jostle you. Once in a while, he’d turn his head to ask if you were comfortable and you would reassure him that he was doing a great job taking care of you.

            When Jongup got to your apartment, he carefully bent down to let you down. He lingered by the door a little, to make sure that you had an ice pack.

            “Thank you so much for helping me,” you told him. You weren’t sure if this was goodbye forever because that would be a shame.

            He bowed and waved to you. You were getting really addicted to his smile. “Anytime! It was a pleasure to be your trusty horse,” he laughed. And then he bowed once more and left.

            You were surprised to feel your heart swoop in disappointment and were embarrassed. You sat on the couch and followed Jongup’s instructions, pressing the ice pack into your ankle. Your foot has swelled a little more after removing your shoe but he had helped to keep it mostly under control.

            There was another ring on your door and you hobbled to get it. When you opened it, you saw Jongup again, smiling brightly. He held out a box of popsicles. “Would you like to share?”

            You were grinning now, and nodded, inviting him, knowing that this was the start of something new and wonderful.

 

puppy ♥♥♥

that gif... I can't stop staring