Youngjae 62

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            She looked at the computer screen and wished that somehow, she could be able to understand what they were saying. She always had Korean friends who would laugh whenever the groups said something and after watching countless hours of unsubbed videos of her bias speaking, she officially made up her mind. She was going to learn Korean.

            She self-taught herself, learning phrases and the alphabet, trying her best to learn what she could. Every time she heard a new phrase, she would write it down and try her best to spell it out without cheating. Soon, she became pretty darn fluent. The only problem was for some reason, some of her words look different from the ones she sees on the television. She looked at it, trying to figure out what the problem was, but couldn’t so she shrugged. No big deal.

            When she became brave enough, she finally wrote a long happy birthday letter to her ultimate bias, Yoo Youngjae. She wrote the letter carefully, making sure to reread and proofread over for grammatical mistakes. When she was confident there was no mistakes, she sent it in.

            Youngjae was shifting through the mail when he saw an interesting one. He felt bad that he was unable to answer all their fans’ messages. Each fan deserved an answer and he just hoped that his fan service and their music would make up for the divide. But he did find time to answer some and this was one of their rare days off.

            He picked up the bright yellow envelope and chuckled at all the self-drawn decorations of Youngjae and his matoki. He admired the talent and then looked at the name. For some reason, the fan had written “재영유” “유영재.” His name was written backwards. Maybe this was the fan’s idea of a joke. He wracked his brain, trying to find some connection to any inside joke they may have come up with, but couldn’t think of any. He settled down in his computer chair and started to read.

            Right off the bat, his eyes started to water. Some characters were flipped, making the meaning of the word either incomprehensible or something different. He laughed a little and continued to read. It happened once in a while, each one more adorable than the last. Although it made the letter a bit difficult to read, Youngjae was thoroughly amused. He decided that if this was the fan’s idea of a joke, he liked it. He definitely would remember her. He read her name and tucked it away in his head for memory.

            She hopped up and down happily. It was her luck that she had won a free pass to one of B.A.P’s fansign events. It was rare considering how they rarely held such things outside of Korea. She prepared a little speech, and decided she was going to ask Youngjae if he remembered her letter. She just prayed he got it.

            Her heart fluttered as she waited in line. Youngjae was right there, inches away and when she took the album back from Zelo, she finally stood in front of her bias. “Youngjae-Oppa, do you remember my letter?”

            He cocked his head and stared at her and she described the envelope. Youngjae’s face split into a grin and he laughed out loud. “Yes! I remember!” The other fans looked around curiously and she smiled back at him.

            “I hope everything was comprehensible?”

            He leaned in and whispered, “You switched some characters and wrote my name backwards.”

            dropped open. “What? No way!”

            He pulled out the letter, having kept it in his pockets for the past few months to look at it whenever he felt discouraged, and her heart pounded. He pointed at the words and she had to blink hard enough to realize that she had written it wrong.

            “Oops, I’m a bit dyslexic,” she admitted.

            Youngjae smiled back. “I think it’s adorable. Here, let me teach you a little more. Impromptu Korean lesson! I’m very impressed that you learned so much by yourself.”

            She felt like bursting from her ultimate bias’ compliments. He started to write characters out and teaching her new phrases. His manager started to urge him on and she bowed to him, glad to have had such a lengthy exchange with her favorite idol.

            He waved to her. “Write me another letter and try to be more conscious of the characters, okay?” She nodded.

            When Youngjae got another bright yellow envelope, he tore it open and grinned his head when he saw that she had improved. He read her letter and laughed out loud when he reached the end. He should have known that his fans would have a sense of humor.

            She had signed the letter as “I hope to see you soon, 재영유!” He knew that she had written his name backwards out of humor, and he tucked the letter away. He had a feeling that he would receive more letters from her, and this was officially their new inside joke.

 

this is for Ella_Ecstasy

FINALLY YOUR REQUEST HEHE ♥

This one was a bit eh but I will write your next one better. I promise.

There's just so much work right now. Gotta go study for bio~