Youngjae 83

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            In a competition where the punishment was to suffer a tickle death, it was better to win. You glanced over at your members and they gave you a hearty round of applause. You were a newly debuted girl group and since coming out, variety shows have been inviting you guys to their programs. It helped that all six of you had distinct personalities, each good for entertainment, and that you were labelmates with B.A.P.

            To help make the program run smoothly, they were invited out as well. The competitions were based off of what each of you had said was your individual talent, and you had to compete against them. Being able to come out with them made you happy because of your boyfriend. You and Youngjae have been dating since your trainee days but due to preparation for the debut, you haven’t had time to spend time with him.

            The first round of competitions was running. One of your members had been a former track runner in her high school days and so it was her against Jongup. Youngjae hovered near you as the two of you watched the crazy obstacle race. They were running over man-made holes on the track and sometimes bars would randomly rise in height right before they had to jump over it.

            As the two of them neared the finish line, both head to head, the track suddenly changed into a smooth course and they skidded down the slippery slope. Youngjae laughed as their limbs became entangled and he whispered, “Wouldn’t it be funny if they started a dating rumor because of all this skinship?”

            You didn’t dare look back at him but reached behind you to pinch him. “Shush. It’s hard enough keeping ourselves a secret without you hinting at dating rumors.”

            The other vocalist in your group wanted to have a high note battle with Daehyun. “Completely unfair!” your highly competitive boyfriend called out.

            Your members began attacking him, pretending to hit him and Youngjae winced. “I take it back, fair! Fair!” You laughed at his open silliness and watched the two go up and further into the scales. Daehyun’s voice was cracking and the hosts called a truce.

            “How about we have you two do a y dance competition instead? If Daehyun can make your heart rate go above one hundred thirty, then he wins. But if you can make his heart race increase, you win.”

            Once again, Youngjae couldn’t stop the commentary as he whispered in your ear, “I say we do this. I can make your heart rate go up any time.”

            You couldn’t help it. You had to reply to him. “Cocky, aren’t you?”

            He smiled and poked your waist, tickling you. “Hey, I know my abilities.”

            The hosts’ sharp eyes landed on the two of you and they each had wide grins on their faces as they came towards you two. “Every innocent boy band and every newly debut girl group needs a scandal. Do I smell romance in the air?”

            You shook your head and stammered a no as you tried to lower any repercussions but Youngjae, being himself, clapped a hand to his heart. “Unrequited love,” he bemoaned. “What can I do?”

            One of the hosts pulled him out and the other placed you right next to him. “Now’s your chance, Youngjae! Tell her how you feel.”

            Your palms felt clammy when he looked at you. “_______,” he started, “every day I see your hard work and your perseverance, I think, of course, that’s our hoobae. I hope you do well and work hard, and forgive this fanboy’s heart. Oppa will always be your number one fan!”

            The hosts groaned at the obviously platonic confession and ushered the two of you back. “These idols are getting better at avoiding scandals,” they groused.

            The different competitions went on until it was your turn. “My talent is my ability to hold onto my breath. I can hold a note for a long time.”

            Youngjae stepped forward to volunteer. “I’m good at it too!”

            “Oh, it’s the two couples!” One of the hosts clapped his hands and waved his hands. “We can always do a kissing game and see how long you can go without breathing but we’ll be sued by your company. So we’re going to put a twist. You can only take one breath and with that one breath, you need to blow into a whistle as sharply as you can. Whoever reaches the highest frequency wins.”

            You accepted the whistle and took in a deep breath, filling your lungs and feeling your diaphragm expand. You blew into the whistle and tightened the corners of your mouth to make sure your embouchure was perfect. Years of playing the clarinet had prepared you for this. You tightened the muscles and blew as sharply as you could.

            You glanced over at Youngjae and nearly spat out the whistle. He was blowing harshly into the whistle with enthusiasm, spazzing out in his chair and blowing in bursts of high frequencies. You snorted and when they called time, the host shook his head at you.

            “Why did you laugh? If you hadn’t laughed, you could have won!”

            You dropped onto the floor and pointed at him. “He’s just really too funny.”

            Youngjae pulled the whistle out of his mouth and gasped for breath. “That was the hardest experience of my life.” He looked at the camera and bowed ninety degrees. “Babyz, I admire your hard work when you cheer for us.”

 

still not over the music video

also thank you to all of you for supporting and loving me ♥