Yongguk 79

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            He had shown up out of nowhere, without warning and taken her by surprise. “Hey, I’m back.” It was all he said. He wasn’t smiling but she wasn’t either. The two of them stared at each other and she looked almost pained to see him. That was to be expected. Yongguk had, after all, left for the army without telling her until she received the first letter from him.

 

            They had parted on poor terms. In his letter he had explained that he knew they both needed a break but that in two years, he would be back. And he promised her he would still be his. Could she make the same? She hadn’t responded to that one line. It was hard to make promises one could not be sure of keeping.

 

            Now he was back. “Yongguk, you look…different.” Because that was all she could say. She nervously kept her hand behind her back, unsure if he would take it.

 

            “Yeah,” he rubbed his neck shyly in the way he always did and nostalgia hit her with a force too hard, too fast to bury. “The army does that to people.” She could see that he was wondering why the reunion wasn’t more passionate, why she wouldn’t invite him in. But she couldn’t tell him that in the two years he was gone, she had thrown away everything he had left at her house because the memory was too much to bear.

 

            She stepped away from the door and gestured to the house. “It’s really messy,” she said apologetically and he made a small hmmph and smiled at her. He had such a beautiful smile. Her hand curled into a fist and she tried not to cry from the ache in her heart.

 

            He was still holding onto the duffel bag and laughed. His deep voice healed a part of her that had died two years ago. “It’s always messy.” She blushed, forgetting that he had the authority to make such assumptions about her.

 

            “Hey,” she was falling back into her playful self. “Nobody was around to nag…me.” The last word fell from her lips softly, almost too softly for him to hear and she hung her head.

 

            Yongguk tilted her chin up and she shivered, knowing that with all the decisions she had made in the past two years, this was taboo. This was most definitely not something that should be happening. He stared into her eyes and he came closer. Her arms automatically remembered his weight between them and she reached for him.

 

            His lips on hers were a remembrance, a celebration of their relationship, of what they had felt for each other. And even though things may be different now, this wasn’t. She pulled him into the room. Her mind had shut off and everything was based off innate want, inborn desire.

 

            “Yongguk,” she whispered as she pulled on his hair, trying to get more of him. He chuckled and his voice made her feel undone.

 

            “Patience, baby. I know two years has been a long wait, but I still need to get rid of my shoes first.”

 

            She pulled away and caught her breath, all the while watching him. He looked at once foreign and at one with the room. How many times has she seen him walk through the hallways, how many times has she smelled his cologne in the house even after he has left? She smiled shyly at him and he let out a small growl as he approached her again.

 

            She didn’t need to show him where the bedroom was; he knew. She exalted in the feeling of his lips planting on her body. She arched herself into him. His hands roamed her every crevice. Nobody knew her better than he did. She tugged on his hair and he stared into her eyes. She felt him push between her legs and then she was filled by him.

 

            She let out a tiny gasp of surprise. She had forgotten how well-endowed Yongguk was. He his lips and smirked ily at her. Her nails scratched his back as he into her, moving at an unrelenting pace. She leaned forward and sank her teeth into his shoulders, marking him as hers, again. But when he tried to bite her, she stopped him.

 

            “I don’t want people at work asking questions.” Naturally, he was surprised but resisted himself. She ran a hand down his arm and kissed him. He touched her in ways that made her blood burn and she moaned his name.

 

            He began to move faster and she rocked her hips against his, clenched herself against him, and delighted in hearing him moan her name. His voice caressed every syllable and he kissed the side of her neck. They both lay there, together, and he placed a hand against her heart, feeling it accelerate.

 

            “Marry me.” Those two words were so simple and she blinked. “Marry me.” He repeated and sat up to stare at her. He took the tears in her eyes as tears of surprise, and joy. And he kissed them away. “Silly, you’re supposed to be happy. You should already know this was going to happen. I promised, didn’t I?”

 

            She bit her lip and nodded. “You did.”

 

            He was watching her now, clearly waiting for an answer and she couldn’t take it anymore. She reached into the drawer by her bed and threw a velvet box at him. She let him open it and she let him see the picture that was inside, the ring that wasn’t his, but hers.

 

            Yongguk looked up and she huddled herself with her blanket, trying to ease the cold. The weight of what she had done started to settle in her mind now and she couldn’t take it. “What is this?” His voice was hoarse and she knew he didn’t want to understand.

 

            “He’s going to be back tomorrow,” she told him woodenly. “You left me without telling me and when your letter came, I hated you. I hated you so much; I found happiness with someone else. He asked me to marry him three months ago. I didn’t know you would be back. I didn’t know you would still want me. I thought that if I never responded to your letters, you would give up.”

 

            She didn’t know how Yongguk would react, but definitely not the way he did. He chuckled. He let out a small laugh and placed the box by her side. “Silly girl,” he said in an almost affectionate way. “I promised you, didn’t I? And I always keep my promises.”

 

            The bed shifted when his weight was lifted off it. She heard him put on his clothes and she choked. She had cheated on her husband, cheated on him with the man she loved. “Yongguk,” she called. He didn’t turn. She saw his right shoulder lift in a nonchalant shrug and then he was gone. The image of his back, the last thing she could hold onto.

 

            A year later, she held her baby in her arms and sorted through the mail. There was a fancy card, one decorated with bows and ribbons. Her husband stood behind her as she opened it. It was a wedding invitation, from Bang Yongguk, and he was smiling in the pictures that were included. He was staring at the girl in his arms as if she was his whole world. In the other one, he was staring out of the camera, looking into her soul.

 

            The baby hiccupped and her attention was lost. But as she stared at the familiar dark eyes that were currently tearing from exhaustion, she felt the strong gaze of the man whom she had loved, and had lost, burning up at her from the photographs in the invitation. 

 

this is for polariskpop

I really loved writing this one. Have fun speculating, guessing, doing what you like guys ♥ And I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. I honestly... it's been a while since I've liked a oneshot. 

It's slightly rated but not enough for me to stress over it.