Youngjae 71

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            You rapidly clicked your mouse and held down your space bar, hoping the shooting would help distract your partner. He was good, always quick enough to run away and set a potential trap to help you but this time, he seemed to be too slow. You tried to multitask, bringing your hand off the mouse and onto the shift button.

            You went to the chat bar and typed a rapid message to your partner.

Baby1004: hurry!

Yyj1994: I’m trying!

            Your attention went back to the screen and thankfully he was able to get away and drop down on the monster with a net. You breathed a sigh of relief and ran out of the alley, successfully passing the level.

Yyj1994: Hey, gotta go. Same time tomorrow though?

Baby1004: You bet, partner.

            That was the extent of your relationship with your partner. You sometimes wished the game allowed for the partners to know each other better but alas, that was not the case. You could guess that he was probably a he. His username for one was about as boring as one could get. YYJ was most definitely his initials and 1994 was the year he was born. You wondered what type of personality he had, but whatever information you gleaned was from the way he typed.

Yyj1994: 1004? Is that a play on the word angel?   

            That was when the two of you were first paired together. It had been a random selection and you were nervous. Most of the users were male and chances were they wouldn’t feel kindly about getting a female partner.

Baby1004: Yeah…

Yyj1994: Oh cool. Let’s get this party started.

            And that was the end of anymore personal interactions. You knew that he seemed to have a pretty steady schedule with classes and was always on at five, but had to leave at eight, for dinner perhaps. You logged off and went to do your homework. The work was piling and the lull of free time during winter break was quickly vanishing. You could only imagine how much longer you could play the game consistently.

            He wasn’t on the next day. That annoyed you because without a partner, you couldn’t advance levels. So you only played for a while, earning experience points. Before you left, you shot him an annoyed message.

Baby1004: We could have been world champs today but because of a certain no-show, wer’re stuck here. You better be on tomorrow.

            But he wasn’t and you realized that you may need to find a new partner. You decided to give him some time. Maybe he was busy. He most likely was. As you faced the pile of work you had, you knew that he was probably feeling the same pain.

            A week later, you saw that he was on and he had responded.

Yyj1994: Yeah sorry about that. Lots of schoolwork. You can find another partner if I’m not reliable. Sorry.

            You felt a small sinking feeling in your stomach, one that wasn’t explained. He had been a great partner and it would stink to have to find someone else. And that was when you decided you were going to stop playing partner games. You didn’t like people you didn’t know making you feel any amount of sadness.

            “Ya! Get over here. We’re going to get coffee,” your friends crowded outside your classroom, waiting to accost you before you could sneak back into your dorm. You let out a tiny groan.

            “I have a lot of work, you know.”

            They ignored you. “But we haven’t seen you in years. Just one cappuccino and you are off for the next three weeks.”

            You resigned and walked into the Starbucks. As they ordered, you stood awkwardly around. Your eyes landed on a boy sitting in the table next to yours. He was biting his finger and staring intently at his phone. Occasionally he would push up his glasses but otherwise, his attention was trained on the small screen in his hands. He had his laptop open and you recognized the familiar homepage to the game you had stopped playing. You casually looked at his username. Maybe you could be partners.

            What you saw made your heart stop. Yyj1994. This was your mysterious partner. You craned your neck to see his face and your heart skipped a couple of beats. He was actually really attractive.

            “Okay, let’s go!” you looked up and saw your friends coming towards you with the orders. You gave Yyj1994 another look and debated introducing yourself. At the same time, he looked up and your eyes met. Your mouth went dry. Yep, definitely good looking. He smiled at you and that was the end.

            You went back to your room and your laptop. He was still on.

Baby1004: Hey coffee shop boy. Nice glasses.

            It took a while.

Yyj1994: What? Do I know you in real life? Are you playing a prank on me? Is this Jieun because that’s not cool. You told me you didn’t play games.

Baby1004: No. But we met briefly. I wore a red scarf.

            There was a lull in your conversation and you were about to give up. Then the signal for video chatting came on and you clicked it. His gorgeous face filled the screen and he was smiling again.

            “Well, guess we meet again. I’m Yoo Youngjae. Want to continue this conversation at the coffee shop some time, angel?”

            You smiled back. He was being greasy without being disgusting. “I guess so. And let me guess, you’re born in 1994.”

            He scratched his head and laughed. “Obvious, huh?”

            You checked the time. He was still at the Starbucks. “Hold that thought. I’m coming over so we can continue this in ten minutes.”

            Youngjae chuckled softly and waved at you. “See you soon.”

 

SO PROUD OF B.A.P FOR THEIR WIN.

UGH FINALLY BOYS ♥

kjaghhdga all the feels and I'm just so proud