Daehyun 89

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Dae? Are you ready?” you called out in the general direction of the bathroom and prayed that your husband would answer. The two of you were going to be late to a charity show if he kept things up at the pace he was going.

            “Almost!” But that answer wasn’t good enough for you and you walked up the stairs. You glanced at the script and mumbled your lines to yourself, trying to cram in the last few sentences into your memory before you blanked out on stage.

            The Mrs. Claus outfit you had on was comfortable but the red was overbearing and you cringed. If it weren’t’ for little kids, you would never be caught dead wearing it. You adjusted your Christmas hat as you knocked on the door.

            “Dearest, will you kindly please hurry up,” you mumbled the last few words through clenched teeth so he could feel how irritated you were getting.

            “Ta-dah!” Daehyun pulled open the door and smiled brightly at you.

            You stared at him incredulously and sighed. Somebody come down and tell you that you were not married to this idiot. He had on the white shirt he was supposed to wear underneath his costume and sporting a rather large cream beard.

            “Jung Daehyun!” you scolded. “We don’t have time for your shenanigans. Go fix yourself up so you look presentable.”

            He turned to stare at his handiwork in the mirror and clucked his tongue. “Not bad, not bad. I quite like the look. Don’t you think I’d look dashing with a full on beard?”

            You rolled your eyes and leaned against the doorway, trying not to think about the ticking seconds that were being wasted with every moment he stood there being infuriatingly stupid. “We’re going to be late,” you reminded him and he shook his head.

            “One, they moved the show back another hour. Two, Santa and his missus doesn’t appear until much later. We have time. Get into the spirit first. Go get my video camera. Yongguk asked me to do a small video tape for them to show.”

            You somehow suspected that he was lying about this part but decided in the spirit of the season to let it slide. You snorted and grabbed the video recorder, holding it up so that it captured his face.

            Daehyun turned his face to one side and the other, pursing his lips as he did so. “Dae!” you said in exasperation. “This isn’t a modeling shoot. This is for the kids, remember?”

            He smiled sheepishly and coughed. He waved happily at the camera and his beard. “Hello children! Today Santa will be letting you know whether you’ve been naughty or nice. Please continue to be on your best behavior and Santa will go around bringing all of you beautiful presents!” He picked up the large laundry bag and swung it over his shoulders in an imitation of the Big Jolly Man and waved.

            You saved the video and then pointed at the sink. “Alright you’ve had your fun. Now get rid of it. We have to go.”

            Daehyun pouted and puckered his lips. “No kiss for Santa?”

            You wrinkled your nose and backed out the door. “No! And do hurry please.”

            You heard him sigh and huff about how you were a party pooper and a killjoy but you ignored him. Let him grouse. You wanted to be there in time to actually put your hard work into use. It was a few minutes later when Daehyun reappeared, this time stuffing his suit with pillows.

            “Man, why did Santa have to get so fat?” he complained. “I can barely fit two pillows, much less three without feeling like I can’t breathe. He’s supposed to be going down chimneys. That’s quite a workout isn’t it?”

            You laughed and helped him readjust his tummy. “It’s because with every chimney he climbs, he eats a million cookies to make up for the calories burned. Sounds like someone else I know.” He narrowed his eyes at you.

            “Hey, don’t offend Santa or you won’t be getting any presents.”

            You fluffed the white padding and tweaked the pompom on the end of his hat. “But Santa already gave me the best present he could.”

            Daehyun, halfway through opening the door, looked at you. “What? You can’t possibly know what I got you for Christmas.” His eyes widened and he looked slightly panicked and disappointed.

            You laughed at his expression and pushed him out the door, wincing as you saw his pillows pop a button on the jacket that he had to wear for the rest of the day. He climbed into the driver’s seat and looked at you expectantly for an answer.

            You smiled at him. “You, of course.”

            Daehyun chuckled at that and leaned forward to kiss you, taking out his phone and snapping a photo. He grinned as he looked at it. “Saving this for posterity! This way I can always tell our kids that mommy kissed Santa Claus.”

 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Gah Seasons Greetings will be the death of me.

Especially Daebutt >~<

this is for miyoung

 

I also want to take this time to thank Jewell unnie for her drabble series

A Smile For Your Scrapbook

go check it out guys; it's filled with feels galore. And once again, thank you so so much ♥