Himchan 67

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            You looked around the room and decided that you were going to get some work done in the house. It was one thing to be too busy to ever clean but it was another to be put on house arrest and not to do anything about it. You got up and went to the closet to look for the broom and the mop that you rarely used.

            It was bright outside so you threw open the window curtains and started with the rag to clean the windows. You scrubbed furiously, only allowing your stomach to get in the way one in a while. You only briefly wondered if the fumes would be bad for the fetus but decided you had to get things cleaned anyway.

            You made sure the windowpanes were shining brightly before cautiously opening them a little to allow the air to circulate. You moved on to the other windows and took a break. You sat in the chair and laughed a little at yourself. Since when had simply cleaning the house been so tiresome?

            You tied up your hair and went at the counters and tables with the duster. You sprayed Windex on every surface and then used a cloth to wipe down them down so they gleamed. You vacuumed and mopped all the carpets and the wooden floors before going upstairs to tidy your room. You sorted through old pictures, grew a bit sentimental over a few, and decided which clothes you wanted to keep, which you wanted to fit into after your pregnancy and which you knew were a lost cause.

            You glanced at the clock after you were done and saw that it had taken nearly six hours of furious working and you didn’t feel the slight bit exhausted. Proud of yourself, you walked into the kitchen and decided you were going to cook a nice dinner.

            But it was halfway through cooking that you felt it. The nonstop hard work was beginning to creep up on you and your shoulders were tense as you held the pan above the fire. You gritted your teeth and forced yourself to continue. Himchan would be home soon and you wanted him to be able to have a hot dinner to enjoy. You cracked your neck and realized the garlic powder was all the way on the highest shelf.

            Normally you would jump and lean against the counter, but this time, you had a baby to think about. You went to the dining room and dragged a chair over. You got on and it teetered a little precariously. You reached for the garlic powder and began to step down when you heard someone scream.

            “What are you doing up there?”

            The sudden noise startled you and you missed the edge of the chair and toppled over, landing, luckily, on your side. Himchan rushed over to you and he glared a little bit. “What were you thinking?”

            You pulled yourself up to glare at him. “That should be a question I would ask you, Mr. Kim. Why in the world did you have to come in and shout like that for?”

            He looked at you in disbelief. “I told you to stay still and not move around so much. I understand going out for a walk, but you’re practically climbing mountains.”

            You pushed him away and stood up with as much dignity as you could muster. “Don’t exaggerate, Himchan.”

            He grabbed at your arm again and pouted. “Are you trying to make me have a heart attack before I can even see our baby?”

            At this, you couldn’t help but laugh a little. Okay, maybe his upset expression can be cute. You tapped his nose and then flicked his forehead, feeling satisfied at his burst of pain. “Don’t be stupid. If you stopped worrying so much, you wouldn’t clog up your arteries. I’m not causing you the heart attack, you are. All I did was get on that chair, move around a little. The baby’s healthy and so am I. If anything you were the one who nearly killed me, walking in on me and screaming like that. Tsk.”

            You walked to the stove and placed the noodles on a plate and handing it to him unceremoniously. “Here. Go eat.”

            Himchan wrapped his arm around your waist. “Are you sure you don’t want to join me?” He winked at you enticingly and you sneered. Let him try to seduce you. You were past his charms.

            “Are you sure you’re not mad at me?”

            He pulled away and scoffed. “As if. You deliberately disobeyed me and don’t think I don’t smell the toxins in the air. You were all out cleaning. How much harm would you like to inflict?”

            “Oh look at Mufasa here. Don’t go around quoting Disney movies, Himchan. It takes away from your credibility. As for those toxins, I opened the windows. I’m sure the baby will survive. I wouldn’t want him coming home to a dirty house either.”

            “I just cleaned it the other day!”

            “And that’s why it’s so dirty already? You didn’t do a good job, clearly, if I had so much more to do today.” You pointed at his chair and forced him to sit. “Now don’t argue with me. I’m too tired to listen to your nonsense. If you truly want what’s good for the baby, be quiet and eat. You’re giving me a headache.”

            He shoved the noodles into his mouth and glowered as he chewed. “You’re lucky you’re the mother of my child of else I wouldn’t care.”

            You placed your chin on your folded hands and smiled at him. “Aren’t you the perfect husband?” 

 

Now that I am a free woman and finals are finally over, I'll try to update every day so I can catch up until January. This will mean double updates some days, some stories that may be a little rushed, but I will still do my best ♥

That is all. Here's to one semester of college over. May the next seven be a lot more fruitful and 1857138 times less stressful... haha as if