Jongup 65

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Lemonade for fifty cents!” you called out. You bounced on your toes and spotted a familiar customer. “Jongup Oppa!” You shouted and waved at the teenager who was heading your way. He took his hands from his pockets and ruffled your hair.

            “Hey, what’s up short stuff?”

            You giggled. He wasn’t very tall for a guy either. “Buy my lemonade?”

            He picked up a glass and peered at the contents. “Hmm, this one is a little too yellow for my tastes.” He began to place it down.

            You grabbed his wrist. “Can’t! Once you touch it, you gotta keep it.”

            Jongup laughed and took out fifty cents. “Whatever you say. You’re going to be a tough boss one day.” 

            He looked around, up and down the sidewalk. “Slow business today?”

            “Yeah, a little. It’s because I don’t need to go to school but all the high schoolers do. They should be coming soon. You’re here, after all.”         

            He sat on the stairs next to your booth. “Did you eat yet?”

            You shook your head. “Nope. I set up pretty early. Summer will be ending soon so I need to make as much money as I can right now.”

            He nodded and looked around. “I’m going to run to the deli. I think I see some of my classmates coming. Take care of them well! I’ll get you your favorite sandwich.”

            You blew him a kiss and he scoffed a little, before walking down the street. You bowed to the older students who approached you and started to serve them lemonade. When Jongup came back, you were almost out of supply.

            He handed you a sandwich and you bit into it. “Thanks, Oppa.”

            “Not a problem.” He sat next to you and the two of you ate comfortably in silence. It wasn’t until a little later that he spoke. “So, is your sister okay? She hasn’t been in class for a while.”

            You gave him a sly look and hid the grin that was forming. “Ah, I think she’s just sick of studying, if you get what I mean.”

            Jongup chuckled. “Is she one of those who spend whole hours sleeping to recover from the three exams we had last week?”

            “Yep. Unnie didn’t sleep for longer than two hours each day studying.”

            He was quiet for a second and patted your head. “Well I need to head home. Take care of her, okay?”

            You nodded. “Of course.” And then when he stood up to leave you added, “I’ll take care of her for you.”

            The next day, as expected, Jongup came to your booth. He was rapidly becoming a constant customer. You noticed that he had a bag in his hands. You pointed at the pink lemonade. “Try something new? This is unnie’s favorite drink. This recipe is hers; she told me to add the secret ingredient.”

            He pretended to be thinking but you knew he would take the drink. “Well since it’s her secret recipe, I might as well drink it to try and figure out the ingredient, right?” He handed you the money and once again, he sat next to you.

            “Doesn’t she ever come to visit you while you’re doing business?”

            “You seem to be really interested in my sister,” you quipped, wanting to cajole the not so secret secret from him.

            Jongup’s face turned pink and he stammered a protest. “No, I mean, we’re classmates. And you’re like my little sister. I was wondering why she didn’t take better care of you. I’m looking out for you!” But his insistence had cemented your suspicions and you lifted an eyebrow at him.

            “Alright. She’s too busy doing homework to visit me. Besides, she’s still recovering from not sleeping. I think she got a fever from the lack of sleep, low immune system and all that.”

            He was quiet and then he took the bag from behind him and handed it to you. “Oh yeah, my mom happened to make some strengthening broth because she knew that I needed the energy too. So take this and give it to her. Tell her I said to feel better.”

            You peered inside and saw the ginseng and seaweed soup he had brought and smiled. “I’m sure she’ll really appreciate it.”

            Jongup stood and bowed to you. “Well, I’ll buy another cup before I go. Gotta support a friend’s sister, you know.”

            When you went home, you plopped the pot in front of your sister. She was blowing her nose and had red eyes. “What is this?”

            You winked at her and slid into the seat across from her. “You know my lemonade stand is quite frequently visited by a certain classmate of yours, right?”

            She was confused. “Who?”

            “The person you refer to as Moon Angel with your friends.”

            Your sister blushed. “Hey! Who said it was okay for an eighth grader to be listening into her sister’s conversations?”

            You gestured at the pot. “Well he seems to understand that the key to a woman is to butter her family up first. He’s quite the regular customer. When he heard that you were sick, though, he prepared this soup for you, so drink it well!”

            She uncovered the pot and smiled faintly. “He’s so sweet,” you heard her mumble and before you left to do homework, suggested that she visited you tomorrow.

            “Hey shortie. Can I have some of that pink lemonade?” Jongup smiled at you and you nodded.

            “Here you go.” He dug out the appropriate coins for you and sat next to you.

            “How was the soup?”

            You sister stepped out and she shyly held out the pot. “Thank you. It was really good.” She bowed. “Thank you for thinking about me, Jongup.”

            You watched the two of them as they awkwardly exchanged words before deciding to take matters in your own hands. You grabbed a large glass of the lemonade and it in front of Jongup’s face. “Here, on the house for my unnie’s boyfriend.”

 

 

Infinite concert tomorrow!

I honestly... have gotten a total of ten hours in the last three days, and only two last night. I'm so tired, haha.

I'm sorry I haven't been updating. I don't really know what I wrote... my hands are shaking.