B.A.P Special

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            The six boys were inseparable. They were a band of misfits but each of them fitted together in the most remarkable ways. One would never think that they would be best friends, and yet they were. They were an adorable group, with three different pairs who managed to mesh together anyway. Even though the age difference from the oldest to the youngest is a whopping six years, they got along well, almost like a functional family.

            “Yongguk-Hyung, look at this snail!” the baby, Junhong, toddled up to the oldest twelve year old.

Yongguk looked at the snail that was inching its way along Junhong’s palm and said in a hushed voice, “Don’t close your fingers, but keep watching it. Do you see how it slides its body across?”

The youngest kept his eye on the living animal in awe. When the snail reached the end of his palm, it stopped moving. “Hyung! Did it die?”

            Yongguk looked over and smiled. “No, but put your hand down on the pavement and let it go. Come on, let’s go see the sea view. Everyone else is there.”

            The rest of the group, as well as the entirety of the orphanage were by the seaside to enjoy the last few days of summer. Yongguk held onto Junhong’s hand as they hopped over the rocks and went to the small area where the rest of the boys were busy making a sand castle.

            “No, Daehyun! You need to pack around the moat, or else we won’t have a fortress!” Eight year-old Youngjae was watching the nine year old work with an anxious crease in his eyebrows.

            Daehyun looked up and snapped angrily, “Well I don’t see you helping me genius.”

            Yongguk joined the group and sat down, helping Daehyun create the fortress that Youngjae so badly wanted. “Okay, let’s not fight and just keep going, okay? Where’s Himchan?”

            He looked around for his best friend and saw him with Jongup by the seashore. The two of them were knee deep in the water and picking up shells. As the three boys worked on the sandcastle (Junhong watched, occasionally contributing by handing over small handfuls of sand), the two by the ocean returned.

            “Okay, Jongup, these shells are for decorations, and the seaweed will be to make the windows and flags and stuff. Do you remember what I showed you about pressing it carefully into the sand?” Himchan instructed the seven year old.

            “Yep, Hyung! We do it carefully and then smooth a little sand around it to truly cement it in!” he piped in his squeaky voice.

            The sandcastle was halfway complete when Junhong stood up and accidentally stepped on the carefully sculpted moat. “Watch it!” Youngjae shouted. He immediately stuck his finger into his mouth and started biting it as Daehyun quickly tried to salvage the damage.

            Himchan gently took the finger out of the younger boy’s mouth while Yongguk patted Junhong’s head to console him before he thought his hyungs were blaming him. Daehyun and Youngjae quickly fixed the moat again before their caretaker walked over.

            “What are you boys up to?” She asked, smilingly.

            “We’re building the best sandcastle ever,” Youngjae answered seriously as he crawled past Jongup to steady the tower. “Jongup, put the shell here. We need a window at the tallest tower or else we’re never going to have a look-out.”

            The caretaker watched them as the six diligently continued building and left. “We’re going to have lunch soon so you might want to finish up soon.”

            Daehyun immediately started to shovel more sand into the bucket hurriedly. “Hurry! We can’t miss lunch,” he urged. His stomach grumbled and Himchan looked down in disgust.

            “You’re always hungry.”

            The little boy ignored the jab and kept packing the sand until he could make another tower. He erected this one next to the one they already had and Junhong took a stick to help the boys make the lines for the bridge.

            Yongguk wrote in careful letters “B.A.P Castle,” with another stick and Himchan put a tiny twig on the top of the tower. “We even have a flag.”

            Meanwhile, Junhong was frowning at the letters. “Beee ah- ah ee pi?” He cocked his head and blinked at Yongguk.

            Youngjae peered over. “B.A.P Castle,” he read out loud for the little boy and Junhong’s face broke into a happy grin.

            “B.A.P, us?” he pointed at them and Yongguk nodded.

            “It stands for Best, Absolute, Perfect, and that’s what we are, right?”

            Jongup gave an excited yell as he repeated their new nickname over and over. At that moment, the bell rang for lunch and Daehyun grabbed Youngjae’s hand.

            “Come on! It’s time to eat! Last one to the table has to do the dishes!”

            Yongguk and Himchan both took one of Junhong’s hands as they followed the pair, with Jongup bouncing right along, still happily saying “B.A.P, B.A.P,” under his breath.

 this is for iloveasia17

I'm finally done, done done. I put the other request to the next batch and so the next two in the third edition should be fun ones. Gosh, I don't even want to open up requests anymore because I'm just so tired of this. I'm so tired of getting such few feedback, of losing readers and whatever. Whatever. We'll see how I feel in a week. I've never felt so happy to be completely finished before and that's a bit alarming. I guess 600 something oneshots in two years is really freaking draining. Please read this. 

Keep an eye out for more announcements though.