Youngjae 60

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            You glanced down at the items in your hands. You had detergent, toothpaste, and pads. You were set for the day, content on your purchase. That was until you looked up and saw someone very familiar standing behind the cash register. Your cheeks immediately flamed. The person waved at you, even though he was currently serving someone else.

            “Y-youngjae?” you stuttered.

            He smiled at you. “Didn’t know you bought your stuff here,” he said conversationally. “I haven’t seen you here.” He looked at the items in your arms. “Stocking up on bathroom essentials?”

            Your face burned. Why of all people who had to serve you, it had to be your annoying classmate? You willed him to move slower so that you could get the other cashier but it was just your luck. The cashier finished ringing up her customer and then switched off her light, indicating that the register was closed. You were stuck with Youngjae.

            When you got up to him, he gave you a courteous smile. “How may I help you?”

            “Ring me up,” you muttered. Youngjae glanced over your shoulder and saw that nobody was behind you.

            “Ring you up, you say,” he repeated your words to you and you tapped your foot impatiently.

            “Stop parroting my words back to me and do your job.”

            He placed a hand by his heart. “You wound me.”

            “If you were working at an appliance store, that would actually apply because I would have access to the knives that I have half a mind to throw at you.” You couldn’t help yourself. He always managed to release the inner snarky girl.

            You looked behind you and shook your head. You had been in such a long line before and now it seemed as if all humankind has disappeared. Nobody was queuing behind you, and his fellow colleagues seemed to have vanished.

            “You know if you knew how difficult it is to be a cashier, you wouldn’t be so mean. Unfortunately, dealing with grumpy and somewhat rude customers is part of the ordeal we have to suffer.”

            You had no room to be sympathetic. You just wanted to go home and continue on your school work. “Youngjae, hurry up. It does not take five minutes to ring a customer!” You urged him and he shook his head.

            “The troubles we have to face when we have people who take us for granted,” he continued to lament.

            You let out a snarl and walked behind the counter, completely surprising him. “Wha-, you’re not allowed here!”

            You snatched the barcode scanner from him and proceeded to ring up the sale. He snatched the barcode back from you. “Hey! You can’t do this! You’re stealing my job!”

            You wrestled the apparatus from him. “I can’t believe you want to do the job after you wasted seven minutes of my time talking nonsense. You either do your job when you have to or give it up!” At your final sentence, he let go, causing you to knock over the display behind you.

            Youngjae lent you a hand to help you up and you smoothed your hair, trying to not look so frazzled. He picked up the items you had knocked over and you glared at him. He was so infuriating. While he was cleaning up the mess he had caused, you proceeded to ring yourself up.

            Another employee walked by and gave you a weird look which you ignored. You just wanted to buy your essentials and go back home. Youngjae had been an unnecessary obstacle. As you finished swiping your credit card and completing the transaction, he straightened and reached for his bookbag.

            Youngjae ran to the other side of the counter and you gave him a look. “Don’t you still have to finish your shift?” you asked him.

            He grinned and shook his head. “You told me I either do my job or give it up. Looks like I didn’t even need to give it up; you took it over for me!” He hoisted his bag over his shoulder and jumped up happily.

            “Thank you for freeing me from this torturous job, and enjoy!”

            He turned around and ran out of the store, leaving you still holding onto the barcode, staring after him. Much to your dismay, you saw that during the debacle the two of you caused, people had lined up and you were stuck having to serve them.

 

this is a poor attempt at crack... my friend requestd it and to be honest, it's really not my genre so I apologize