Zelo 70

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            Zelo was practicing his spins and his jumps off of the ramp when his phone rang. He checked the caller ID and immediately, a smile came onto his face. A call from her could make him happy in an instant.

            “Hey babe,” he answered.

            “Oppa, what are you up to?” She shouted. He cringed and held the phone away from his ear. He was not imagining such loud commotion when he had picked up the call.

            “Where are you?” He shouted back to make sure he was heard from where she was.

            She laughed. “In the arcade! Come join me! Some bad boy here is threatening to challenge me to DDR and I figured I would use you as a substitute.”

            Zelo was a bit concerned. She couldn’t dance so how in the world did she end up in such a situation? “What happened?”

            “Oh, we were betting on the car racing game and because he won, he wants to challenge me on DDR. He never said no substitutes, so come help me out?”

            He sighed a little and shook his head. Leave it to her to get into such problems whenever she was alone by herself. “You’re lucky I love you,” he answered. “I’ll get right there. Whatever you do, don’t get on the machine, and do not, I repeat, do not make any more bets.”

            She laughed and made a kissing sound. “I won’t, I promise.”

            Zelo ended the call and shook his head. She was too much of a free spirit sometimes. He took off on his skateboard and headed for the arcade. As he was nearing the intersection, his phone rang once more and he picked up.

            “Hurry, his turn is almost over and it’s my turn in like a few minutes. The song is almost ending!”

            “I’m hurrying! I can only go so fast on the skateboard without risking breaking my neck.”

            “Don’t break your neck. I love you.”

            He laughed and told her, “Stay strong, stall for time. I’m right outside.”

            Zelo hopped off his skateboard and entered the arcade. The noise level was enormous and his head pounded. He looked around and saw the gigantic DDR machines and made his way there. There she was, fidgeting and stalling before she had to get on the stage.

            Zelo ran up to them and took her arm. “I’ll be taking her place in the dance battle,” he spoke up. She gave him a grateful look and the guy scoffed.

            “Yo, that’s not fair. She lost the bet, she has to do it. Don’t try to cheat.”

            “You never set the rules,” she piped up and the guy shrugged.

            “Whatever. This was dumb anyway. It was just fun messing with a girl,” and he turned to go away but Zelo grabbed him.

            “Hey, you watch how you speak to a lady. Learn some respect and stop being so childish.” The guy shrugged him off and walked away without another comment.

            His girlfriend hugged Zelo’s arm. “Thanks for coming in time.” He looked at her and gave a resigned laugh.

            “Sometimes, I feel like I need to chain you up before you cause more mischief, you crazy girl.”

            She wrinkled her nose. “Just wanted to see if you would help a damsel in distress. You came in record time by the way.”

            Zelo flicked her forehead. “Of course, silly. You’re my damsel in distress. How could I leave you out to dry? Who knows what the guy would have done if you lost.”

            She stuck out her tongue. “Hey! I have some dancing skills. Maybe not as good as yours but I do have some.”

            He raised an eyebrow and hugged her waist. “Do you really? Do you want to continue that battle? This time, against me?”

            She poked his side and squirmed away. “No! You big meanie, you know you’re better than me! I’ll race you though! See you at the car racing station!”

            She saluted him and ran across the arcade. Zelo called after her and followed, shaking his head as he did so. Sometimes, she made him feel old with her insane amount of energy. “Hold up! I’m coming!” He called.

 

this is for Junhong_Lover and TheJewelz

sorry it's a bit short but I'm in a hurry