Zelo 77

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            Zelo listened intently and grimaced a little. “She likes me that much?” he asked. The person nodded and he looked down at his hands, his face turning red as he grew shy. “I really had no idea. This is a bit of a burden. The pressure is too much.”

            The girl shrugged. “You figure it out.”

            Zelo scratched his head and looked across the room at the girl who had her head down, obviously taking a much needed nap right before class started. He wanted to consult his girlfriend, but figured that it would be a bit insensitive to ask her how to approach another friend who liked him.

            He sighed and took out his notebook. He’ll think about it later. But all throughout class, he couldn’t help but look at her. It came as a surprise to him to find that she liked him. The two of them had been friends since they partnered up for the science fair in second grade and he had always seen her as just that: a friend who he liked to hang out with.

            Zelo wasn’t exactly dense. He had noticed that she became a little quieter around him ever since they reached high school but he always thought it was her maturing. After all, he was changing too. He had shot up in height and was on the school’s dance team. But they still remained good friends.

            A lot of guys had pursued her but she always turned them down. Zelo had thought that it was because they weren’t good enough for her, but now he wondered if it was because she had liked him. He placed his forehead down on his paper and groaned. When he had asked his girlfriend out, she had been the first person he had consulted and her support was one hundred percent. Why do girls do this to themselves?

            After the dance team practice, Zelo walked out the locker room, sweaty and ready to go home. He saw her waiting outside. His palms went sweaty but he was determined to put his plan into action. He walked up to her and waved. “Hey! Why are you here?”

            “Oh, I’m waiting for someone.”

            “I see. Would we have time to talk?” He was banking on the fact that she was waiting for him.

            She looked surprised but nodded. “Sure. What’s up?”

            Zelo steered her by the shoulders and led her outside to the bleachers. She sat and he sat next to her. “So, I heard that you liked someone.”

            He saw her start and then give him a wary glance. “Okay?”

            Zelo knew he had to proceed carefully. “Hey, but I also know that he’s not good enough for you.”

            She cracked a little smile. “You either don’t have the right person or you’re being too kind.”

            He turned serious. “No, but really. You shouldn’t play masochist and hurt yourself. If it hurts, you don’t need to do it. You don’t need to listen to anything, to give out any advice, you just smile and walk away. It’s better than hurting yourself trying to be the supportive friend.”

            She stared at him and he hoped she got the hint. She sighed. “Who told you?”

            “It doesn’t matter. What matters is that you willingly helped me set up the proposal and everything. Why? Why do that if you were only going to go home and cry about it later?”

            “This is getting embarrassing. Can we just drop it?”

            Zelo looked at her and then jumped up. He did a couple of flips and straightened before pointing his fingers at her. “You! Deserve the best friend of the year award, but you also need to start thinking about your own feelings first. It actually really matters to me. You’re my best friend. We bonded over ketchup stains and bleach. Don’t hurt just for me.”

            She laughed and hit him. “This is either the worst way to be friend-zoned or the nicest way. Are you trying to make me feel better?”

            “I’m sorry if it’s not really working. I just wanted to let you know that I care and I don’t want to see you being sad over something I did anymore.”

            She stood and slung her bag over her shoulder. “Thanks, Zelo. I got it. I’ll go back and wait for my friend now. But you don’t have to tiptoe around me. I’ll be okay. I promise.”

            He thought about it and decided that it was okay so he stepped forward and hugged her. “If it ever bothers you still, don’t be embarrassed but talk to me about it.”

            She rolled her eyes and flicked his forehead. “Talk to you later.” And as he watched her walk away, he had a feeling everything was going to be better.

 

this is for Himeka12

I wasn't sure if this was what you wanted but I hope you still like it >-< 

double update later