Daehyun 61

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Mommy! Is this daddy?” Jaylie and Daemin crowded around the old yearbook and pointed at the picture of their father. You looked over their small shoulders and saw the tan, bespectacled little boy who was staring at the camera.

            You laughed out loud. “Yeah! How did you guys know?”

            Jaylie pointed at the words underneath it proudly. “Jung Daehyun,” she read out loud. “Mommy, I can read now!” She looked up at you, beaming. You nodded and patted her cheek.

            “Yes, good girl. And how do you know this is daddy’s name?”

            She grinned happily. “Because whenever you get mad at him, you always scream ‘Ya, Jung Daehyun!’” She imitated. At that moment, your husband came back and he coughed from the kitchen doorway.

            “Were you guys talking about me?” he arched an eyebrow and Jaylie screamed.

            She grabbed the book off the table and charged at her father. “Daddy, look! This is you!” She was giggling as she pushed him towards the living room. Daehyun landed on the couch and she assaulted him with the picture. “There!” she stabbed the photo.

            Daemin got off his chair and tried to toddle after his five year old sister but you scooped him up. “Come on, Noona is a big bundle of energy isn’t she?” you cooed and he grinned, a happy eighteen month old.

            Daehyun took your son from you and tapped his nose. “Doesn’t Daemin look just like daddy?” He held up the picture and smiled, pointing first at his old picture and then at his son.

            Jaylie wrinkled her nose. “No, Daemin is too much of a baby.”

            “How did you even find this?”

            She brightened. “My teacher gave it to me!”

            The two of you exchanged a look. “Your teacher?” Daehyun asked.

            Jaylie nodded enthusiastically. “Yeah! Ms. Choi said that you were in the same class before.” And then Jaylie giggled. She leaned in conspiratorially and whispered, “She wanted to know if you remember her. She said that in first grade, you told the entire class that she was cute and kissed her cheek.”

            Daehyun cleared his throat and pointedly avoided her curious gaze. He coughed a little and shook his head. Deny everything. “I don’t remember this at all. I don’t think I’ve ever kissed a girl before.”

            You let out a snort and Jaylie looked up at you, her eyes widening. She clapped her hands over . “Oops! She said not to say this in front of mommy.”

            Daemin interrupted by jabbing the picture and Daehyun gladly took this distraction. “Aigoo, Daemin sees himself in the picture, doesn’t he? One day you will grow up to look just like appa and you’ll be handsome too.”

            Jaylie shouted, too excited to control herself, “Ms. Choi also said that you are very handsome and that she always had had a crush on you! Daddy what’s a crush?”

            You made sure Daehyun looked at you this time. He flushed. “Nothing. She’s just a little weird.”

            “Oh and tomorrow is parent teacher conference. Daddy, you have to come in!”

            Daehyun stole a look at your face and stammered, “I don’t think that’s a great idea.”

            “Of course it is. We’re both going.” You answered for him and Jaylie let out a yell.

            “Okay! She’ll show you my reading and my writing!” She took the yearbook and studied her father’s picture, her small eyebrows furrowing. “Daddy, you sort of look like my boyfriend.”

            Now it was the two of you whose eyebrows shot up. “What?” you shouted at the same time.

            Jaylie blinked. “There’s a handsome boy in our class and I call him my boyfriend because mommy said you were her boyfriend before you were my daddy.”

            Daehyun raised his eyebrows and it was your turn to look at the ceiling. He gritted his teeth. “Will I see this ‘boyfriend’ tomorrow?”

            She nodded. “Yep! We’re all going to be playing while you talk to Ms. Choi.”

            After the kids had gone off to bed, you folded your arms and looked at Daehyun. “So Ms. Choi huh.”

            He blushed and scratched the back of his head. “I don’t even remember who she is.”

            You pretended to be indignant. “You don’t even remember the girls you’ve kissed! Daehyun, what type of a person are you?”

            He opened his mouth in protest. “Hey, that’s not fair. I remember all my other exes.” But then he cut off when he saw you narrow your eyes. “I mean, it doesn’t matter right? It’s all about who I married right?” He shot you a cheesy grin.

            You rolled your eyes and turned over to sleep, not looking at him. “If she even dares to try to bring that up tomorrow, I’ll make sure I pull Jaylie out of that class.”

            He stole an arm around your waist. “Did I ever tell you how much I liked it when you’re jealous?”

            You fought to keep the smile out of your voice. “Be quiet, Jung Daehyun. I liked you better when you were small and innocent.”

            You heard him mutter darkly, “Yeah but apparently I look like Jaylie’s boyfriend.” He said the last word with contempt. “Wait until I see the kid tomorrow.”

 

this is for nfarahain

FAVORITE DAEHYUN PREDEBUT PICTURE EVER

OMG  baby is so cute omg 

For anyone's who's interested: My brother recorded me on Daehyun's birthday and um, I don't sound like this normally. I think?: HERE