Youngjae 61

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Youngjae, you should be on your best behavior, okay? Today isn’t your special day, it’s mine.” Lia warned her boyfriend and he scowled unhappily.

            “Why would you want to celebrate one thousand days with her? I bet you don’t even know when ours is,” he sniffed indignantly.

            She stared at him for a good five seconds before gently smacking him on the head. “Silly Youngjae. She’s my best friend. If I don’t celebrate with her, then who else would I do it with?”

            “Uh, I don’t know, your beloved boyfriend maybe?”

            Lia ignored him and happily finalized the plans and dragged him out of the house. She was excited to be seeing her best friend and Daehyun. “Oh come on. Don’t act like you’re being tortured.” She shook Youngjae’s arm. “You get to see your best friend too.”

            It was extremely convenient that the two of them happened to be dating best friends. It had nothing to do with the fact that one had introduced the other to one another, not at all. But it must be fate. Lia stared at his profile and smiled in satisfaction. Even though Youngjae was whining and complaining, she knew he was more than willing to go with her. After all, he loved hanging out with Daehyun as much as she loved hanging out with her best friend.

            She saw Jill waiting with Daehyun in front of the café they had agreed to meet at. Lia waved happily and the other girl came running. “Happy one thousand years,” she was greeted with a wide smile.

            “One thousand years?” Lia emphasized and her best friend clapped her face in embarrassment. She was always saying things wrong. “Girl, I think we’d both long be down under by then.”

            “One thousand days, whatever,” the shorter girl amended her words. “What are we waiting for? Let’s go eat. Daehyun’s hungry.” She cast a look at her boyfriend and he grinned sheepishly.

            “What else is new?” Youngjae muttered. The two boys started arguing quietly amongst themselves and Lia shot him a look. “Be good,” she mouthed and he flashed her his most innocent, charming grin. “Of course,” he mouthed back.

            Lia perused the menu carefully and closed it. Jill was looking expectantly back at her. They already knew what they were going to order; the same thing they have been getting for the past two years.

            The two goofballs were still scanning the menu and after they’d decided, they both looked up. “Whoa, are you not eating?” Daehyun was incredulous and Jill shot him an unamused snarl.

            “Of course we are. You were scared that we wouldn’t have leftovers for you to serve as trash can, right?” Daehyun held a hand to his heart and pretended to be hurt. “We already know what we want.”

            They both heard Youngjae whisper, “You know girls. They always stick to the same old thing. Boring.”

            Lia didn’t even need to kick Jill for them to exchange a look. The two of them were definitely not in their good graces this night. When the food came, they dug in and it wasn’t until they were waiting for dessert that Youngjae spoke up. “Why did you even bring us along? I mean the food is good, but you aren’t even talking to us. You keep talking to one another and we feel sort of feel left out.”

            Daehyun nodded. “Yeah, hello? We exist!”

            The waiter came then and Jill grabbed a spoonful of ice cream and stuck it in his mouth. She patted his shoulder lovingly. “Eat, and be quiet. Go amuse each other. We have to talk.”

            “You two always have to talk. Seriously, it’s not like you haven’t seen each other in years. You call each other practically every day. Every time I want to spend time with Lia, she always tells me to wait. She’s on the phone with you. You don’t see me doing that with Dae.”

            The two girls looked at them with blank expressions on their faces. Then simultaneously, they turned back to continue talking. Youngjae heaved a heavy sigh and stood up. Daehyun followed and he whispered, “I have a plan. Since they enjoy each other’s companies so much, maybe we should just get them to be jealous. Maybe if they saw how close we were, they might think they have to separate us. I mean, one thousand days isn’t even that remarkable. I’m aiming for twenty thousand.” The two of them glanced back to see that Jill was now gesturing wildly as they continued to chat animatedly.

            “Girls. So complicated.”

            Lia only realized Youngjae had gone when she looked up and saw that they were both missing. “Where did they go?”

            Her friend shrugged. “It’s so much easier to tell you things without them here anyway. I really can’t believe that we could be friends for so long. If Daehyun and I could last as long as we will, I’ll be happy.”

            Lia nodded but then she grinned wickedly. “Don’t look behind you, but there are two plus one’s headed our way.” And of course, Jill had to look only to see that said off the charts handsome guys were Daehyun and Youngjae.

            Daehyun was holding a huge lollipop and he looked at them. “Youngjae got me this because he thinks I’m cooler than you, Lia.”

            The two females tried their best to hide their snickers, knowing full well what they were doing. Youngjae clenched his teeth for a second and then lovingly Daehyun’s shoulders. The other boy’s eyes narrowed in self-satisfaction. “Yeah, I think you two can enjoy your one thousand days, and Daehyun and I will go off and enjoy ours.”

            To their dismay, Lia only nodded. She waved at Youngjae. “You two enjoy. I’ll see you when I get home.”

 

this one is for my best friend

hehe 

Happy 1000 Days, Lia ♥