Daehyun 59

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            Let me tell you something that you may not already know. The story of Daehyun and cheesecake and what started this food obsession.

            When Mrs. Jung was first hit by the first round of food cravings, she only wanted cheesecake. It was something that called to her taste buds. She asked her husband to please, indulge a pregnant woman and give her all the cheesecake he could find. At first, he did because cheesecake was good and surely, nobody could eat it forever. But the days went by and she could not live without it and that was when he began to be concerned.

            “Yeobo, are you sure you can eat all this?”

            She looked up from her forkful and narrowed her eyes at him. “Are you trying to tell me that I’m growing fat?”

            He backpedaled and shook his head hurriedly. “Ah, no absolutely not. How can you assume that? I was just worried you would get sick of it.”

            She looked partially alleviated and then beamed happily. “Nope! For some reason, it’s just something I’ve been wanting to eat over and over again.” She patted his hand. “You can keep the supply coming.”

            He nodded weakly but listened to his wife.

            Daehyun was two and his stomach was rumbling. He got up from his bed and made his way slowly down the stairs. He peered into the kitchen and saw that it was empty. He toddled over to the fridge and peered at the handle. It was just a little high but if he jumped, he could open it. He made a small leap and clung on.

            He pushed his weight backwards and the suction of the doors gave way. He was swinging in midair and jumped down. He frowned. There was cheesecake but it was on the upper shelf. He tiptoed and tried to reach for it. He nearly fell into the refrigerator. His mother came in and saw him.

            “Daehyunnie! What are you looking for?” she picked him up and the door swung shut. He watched in horror as his effort for the past ten minutes vanished in vain. He strained against her arms.

            “Cheesecake!” he called out.

            She laughed and took it out for him. “Mommy really liked it when she was having you too.” He beamed at her as she cut him a generous slice and started to feed him. Daehyun’s mouth moved happily and when he finished, he patted his stomach, satisfied.

            “Everybody, let’s write about our favorite food.” The teacher gave the prompt out for a free write.

            Daehyun swung his legs in his seat and thought long and hard. He liked to eat. He loved to eat. He loved his mom’s homemade dishes but he couldn’t really think about what to write about them. He was thinking and looked around. The other kids were already scribbling and drawing with their crayons.

            He thought back to what he had the other day. Cheesecake! Immediately, he set his pencil on paper and started to write. “Cheesecake is mushy and is yellow. There are many flavors. There are chocolate swirls on them and raspberries and sometimes the crust can be hard or crumbly. I like cheesecake because my mom makes it for my birthday all the time. She always gives me a really big slice and I like to eat cheesecake with milk.”

            He took a yellow crayon and drew a giant triangle on the paper. He then drew brown swirls over it and raspberry dots all over. He looked proud of himself and smiled. The teacher walked by and saw it. She nodded.

            “Daehyun, would you like to share your love for cheesecake?”

            “Share? Cheesecake?” his lower lip trembled and he shook his head. “Cheesecake is mine,” he whispered.

            The teacher patted his head. “Then share your drawing with us!”

            As a trainee, whenever Daehyun had time to go outside, he would buy cheesecake. Sometimes, he would bring some back to the dorms for s but for the most part, he liked to sit quietly by himself in the park and eat. He liked the taste of cheesecake after the sweat of hard work and he saw it as his own private reward.

            During an interview in the very beginning, he mistakenly let it slip how much he liked cheesecake. The fans would send it to him every chance they got. It was great to get the free food but he thought they may have just exaggerated his love a little. Just a little. He wasn’t willing to hurt people for it.

            His birthday present this year was a gigantic cheesecake with Kekemato on it. He was staring at it when Zelo walked up to him and took a tiny nibble off the corner. “Hey, Choi Junhong!” he snapped. “Come over here.”

            The maknae grinned and hid. “Great cake, Hyung!”

            Daehyun stared at his cake with the missing edge off the once perfect rectangle and his lips slid into a pout. “You took my cheesecake!” And a wild maknae chase began around the dorms.

HAPPY BIRTHDAE JUNG DAEHYUN ♥ 

 

HJGADADHGAD EVERYTHING WAS WRITTEN WITH LOVE

thank you to everyone who wished me a happy graduation ^^