B.A.P Anniversary Special

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Daehyun! Quick get into the picture!” Himchan barked from the camera. The younger boy who had been previously fooling around, ran to his spot and the six of them turned to the camera and posed. Himchan had set the timer and just before it went off, Youngjae sneezed, ruining the picture.

            “How many poses have we been doing since debut?” Himchan complained.

            “More than I can count.” Even Zelo was getting impatient. The boys had an entire feast waiting for them. All they had to do was get through the darn photoshoot.

            Yongguk walked to the camera. “Okay, one last time. Everyone let’s all focus. Remember this is for Babyz. We can make it as dorky as possible.”

            The word ‘dorky’ seemed to be the signal for them to unleash their inner idiots. Even though they had been going for a more serious pose previously, they were now shifting and moving. Yongguk walked behind them and squeezed himself in between the two youngest and placed his arm around them. “Smile, my sons!”

            The comment made them all look at him. It was a slow reaction but they all laughed again and Himchan wrinkled his nose. “I thought you weren’t into playing house.”

            “Hey. I just don’t like being married to you.”

            Himchan rolled his eyes. “At least give the kids a mom. Have a heart Yongguk. The fans are counting on this ship. At least let them have this on our second anniversary.”

            It was fun playful banter and the six got ready for a more serious pose once more. Once the pictures were done, they were released. It was refreshing to have the whole day off and to be able to eat together, peacefully, talking with one another. At night, they all gathered again in the room and Yongguk spoke.

            “We should share our toughest moments in training and our happiest. I’ll go first. Training to dance was tough. I started off just wanting to spread my love of music through, well, music. And the idol life wasn’t something that really resonated with me. I wanted to quit but I figured I had this chance so that was hardest. Happiest moment was when they announced our debut. I guess it was because I trained the longest and it was just a sweet moment.”

            Himchan batted his lashes, still joking around before the atmosphere became too emotional. “You mean the happiest moment wasn’t when you found out you were working with me?”

            Yongguk aimed a kick at his best friend as Daehyun groaned. “Okay, moving on.”

            Himchan looked around. “Hardest moment wasn’t during training. It was really when I hurt my hand. I wanted so badly to perform with you guys and you always seemed so busy. I just felt so left out. You guys came home and you were so tired and I wanted to help. But I couldn’t, so that was a really dark time for me. The happiest was when we opened with our first concert. I still remember the exhilaration of looking at the dark crowd that suddenly blossomed into the Matoki green. That was beautiful.”

            Daehyun cleared his throat. “Uh, I guess for me it was adjusting to Seoul. I was still a country boy and the city was intimidating. You all had trained together and I was the new addition. I thought Youngjae would be mad that I’m sharing the vocal spot but all he did was throw his arm around me and say, ‘welcome country bumpkin.’” The vocalist coughed again and looked at the floor. “And I really appreciate that. The happiest moment was our showcase because I was finally singing and it was a beautiful moment.”

            Youngjae was quiet for a moment. “Aw man. I guess hardest part was training again and again. And losing weight because that was difficult. Happiest moment would be when we started our concerts.”

            “Hey I praised you and you don’t even mention me!” Daehyun shoved Youngjae.

            Youngjae laughed. “You even shed tears. I’m not about to do that for you Jung Daehyun.”

            Jongup thought quietly. “I wouldn’t say there were any outstanding difficulties but I guess one of the hardest parts was not being able to sleep. Training is tiring and even now practice goes so late. But I’ve learned to take it from a positive view. I’m most happy when I found out I’ll be debuting. It’s because I had such wonderful people I could learn from and I’m happy now.”

            Zelo leaned his head against Yongguk’s knee. “I had to leave my parents at a young age and so that was hard. But I had a dream and I wanted to see it come to fruition so I’m happy. I had to work hard and like Jongup-Hyung said, I had a lot of hyungs to look up to.” There was a catch to his voice and Yongguk patted his head. By now all the boys were misting over. “And I was most happy when we did our first photoshoot together. That was fun when we were doing Ta-Dah! It really helped me grow up a lot.”

            Yongguk reached his hand in the middle. “We’ve come a long way. But our dream was to conquer the world. And it’s happening. Let’s keep going and encouraging one another until that happens and even then, beyond?”

            “We are B.A.P!” They shouted together and it was Youngjae who groaned.

            “That was so lame.”

 

 

Even though I'm late, Happy two years B.A.P!

Thank you boys for everything. Thank you for inspiring me and for encouraging me. I'm going to be the best I can be and I hope that I won't disappoint as a fan, as a person. Here's to many more years!