Daehyun 92

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            Everyone could tell Daehyun was distracted during practice. Even though he could be playful, he concentrated when the practice camera was on and normally had his eyes facing the mirror, ready to work and dance. But today, his eyes were cast on the floor and there were tense strain lines around his lips as he tried to dance.

            His body motions were there but the energy wasn’t. A couple of times when they practicing with the mic, he would fumble a bit before letting out a sharp exhale and placing the instrument in the waistband of his sweatpants.

            “Daehyun,” Yongguk stopped the music. “You can’t sing when your microphone is in your pants.”

            Their vocal looked up at him and he saw the bloodshot eyes, unnaturally so. For a second Yongguk was worried. Was Daehyun doing drugs? Was he drunk?            Was he sick? “Right.” Even his response lacked the playfulness that Yongguk had been hoping to draw from him.

            Himchan, always the more straightforward one, walked up to him and clapped him on the shoulder. “Alright, what’s wrong?”

            The others were gathered in a circle now; their managers looked on, unsure whether to interfere or not. Daehyun gave them an uneasy glance and Youngjae asked them nicely to leave. Once it was only the six of them, Daehyun sat on the floor and sighed. “She’s pregnant.”

            It was simple, those two words. But the implications behind them were large and everyone was stunned for a good few minutes before Youngjae was able to recover. “Well congratulations.”

            His best friend him and snarled. “I don’t think so. Not when I don’t even know what to do. I don’t even know if she wants the baby. She told me on the phone, hung up, never picked up, and I couldn’t leave to see her. Last night, I was up the entire time trying to get her to contact me, and as to now, nearly twenty freaking hours later, I still don’t know what we’re going to do.”

            Jongup leaned against his hyung. “Hey, relax. I know you’re worried,” he started. “But how about we go take a field trip!”

            They looked at Yongguk and he smiled a little. “I suppose we can always give the managers a heads up and let them know that we’re going.”

            Daehyun was nervous the entire time as they drove to his girlfriend’s apartment. He stared out the window, a part of him relieved that s didn’t scold him or reprimand him for being so careless. He knew that their entire career could be at stake, and yet they were still here for him.

            “You know, if she wants to keep the baby, the best way to go about this would be proposing and making it official.” This was from Himchan.           “I mean, we’re human. The fans would understand. And technically our dating ban has been lifted by the company.”

            Everyone nodded in agreement and Daehyun sighed. “What if our popularity goes down?”

            Yongguk smiled a little. “It’s a bit selfish from my point, but as long as I can keep doing my music, I’ll be happy.” Even though Daehyun knew for the others, this was a bit of a stretch, he was still grateful when they all nodded in agreement. He himself knew it was unfair to them.

            “Stop the car!” Himchan called loudly, much to their driver’s annoyance. He looked at Daehyun. “Why don’t we just flat out propose to her? This way you can keep your baby, and get everything all done in one?”

            “Don’t we have to talk it out first? What if she doesn’t want the baby?”

            Youngjae looked around and then tapped Daehyun’s shoulder, delicately as if afraid that he would snap. “Uh, confession time. We sort of already knew.”

            “What?!”

            “She told us yesterday and she was really upset because she thought you wouldn’t want the baby, and uh, we sort of told her that you were going to propose to her.”

            This admittance was met with a loud chorus of “Youngjae, no!”

            “I have to! If we’re going to make him propose now, we can’t not let him know. It makes no logical sense,” he argued and just like that, the car exploded into their usual squabbles until Daehyun spoke up.

            “I’ll do it. How should I do it?”

            This time it was Zelo who spoke. “Noona sort of told me how she wanted to be proposed. Not that she expected me to tell you, it was a while ago when she told me.”

            Daehyun craned his neck so he could look at the maknae. “Do share.”

            “Simply. She just wants you to show up, propose to her and that’s it.”

            Jongup reached into his book bag and held out a heart-shaped lollipop. “Here, hyung, props!” For the first time all day, Daehyun finally smiled.

            He took the candy and bowed to each and every single one of them. “Thank you.”

            The proposal, was as she wanted, a simple one. When she opened the door and saw him standing there, with the lollipop in his hands and s as the supporting chorus behind him, her sniffles died a little.

            “Marry me?” Daehyun asked and the moment she nodded, went to her and kissed all her tears away.            

 

this is for saranghae14love

not sure what I wrote... but enjoy