Yongguk 91

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            “Himchan, have you seen the two boys?” I walked into the kitchen and asked the person who was currently busy making breakfast for the family.

            He looked at me and pursed his lips. “Have you lost them again?”

            I managed to look indignant. What did he mean by again? When have I ever lost those two? “I don’t know what you mean by that but I just lost track of where they were for a few minutes and then they disappear on me. I’m sure it’s happened to you multiple times.”

            He rolled his eyes. “Yongguk, please. They were supposed to be under your care. Why are you pushing the responsibility onto me? If you can’t take care of it, then you shouldn’t even call yourself their father.”

            I could sense that he was about to go on a rant so I turned around to go search for them. “Jongup! Junhong! Where are you guys? Did you run off again?” I walked upstairs to our older sons’ room and knocked. Without waiting for an answer, I pushed the door open to find the two of them on the bed, playing video games.

            “Did you guys see your brothers?”

            Daehyun looked at me and shook his head, and Youngjae never looked up once. “Ah! Take that. You need to pay attention or else you’re going to lose to me! For the tenth time in a row, haha.” I looked at them and knew that they were a helpless cause.

            “Well if they turn up, just let me know.”

            I walked out the house and wondered where two boys could possibly go. Ever since Jongup could leave the house on his own, he’s been going out with his youngest brother. This wasn’t the first time they’ve gone out but it was the first where they didn’t tell me anything.

            “Jongup? Jongup-ah!” I ran up and down the sidewalks, calling their names out and asking passerbys if they have seen the two. But nobody has.

            It wasn’t until I reached a large crowd near the park that I began to be suspicious. I was pretty sure the two of them came here and got lost in the large gathering of people. I shook my head. These two were always running off and doing whatever they wanted. When I pushed to the front of the crowd, I saw that it was an audition.

            On the stage that was set up, I saw teenagers doing tricks and dances while people cheered them on. My mouth twisted slightly and I watched them perform as the panel of judges watched them.

            “Excuse me, do you know what this is for?”

            A girl looked over at me. “This is to audition for the entertainment company! They’re looking for new dancers and welcome teenagers and young kids. Look, this guy is so good!”

            I strained to look above the other heads and saw that there was a new group on. This was a trio of girls who were wearing dresses that were too short to be considered even semi-decent. I clucked my tongue and crossed my arms, searching the mob of people for my sons. Where were they? Maybe I was wasting my time looking for them here.

            That was when I heard the announcement. “Next we have the dancing duo J2 ! Brothers, the two of them specialize in b-boy and electronic pop dances. They’ll start off with a dance battle, please welcome them!”

            There was a loud cheering and then I saw two very familiar figures get on stage. They did flips and turns before facing the audience. My heart thumped. It was Jongup and Junhong. I watched them perform, Jongup pulling moves I never knew he could do, much less where he learned them from. Junhong followed his brother’s footsteps with a series of cartwheels and spins on the floor that made me dizzy. By the time they finished performing, the crowd’s cheering for them was the loudest.

            I couldn’t help but be proud. They were my sons after all. Of course they would be talented. At the end of the show, they were called up to make a speech as the potential winners. I could see how nervous they both were; as Junhong kept blinking and Jongup’s words came out stammered.

            When reporters who had been covering the entire competition went up to them at the end of the speech, I made my way through the crowd. Just as they began to ask questions, I snuck up on the two. “Doing something?”

            They both turned around and stared at me guiltily. “Ah, dad,” Jongup managed to say. Junhong just stayed quiet.

            The reporters looked at us and smiled. “Congratulations, looks like you have a very talented pair of sons. How would you feel if they eventually make it big in the entertainment industry?”

            I smiled at them. “That would be answered once we discuss this with the entire family. Now if you’ll excuse me.”

            The two of them didn’t say anything as we walked home but the moment we reached the house, Himchan came flying. “Oh my two babies. You’re both so talented. Yongguk, we have to let them do this.”

            I stared at him. “Do you know how smoothly I turned down the reporters?”

            Himchan sneered a little and patted both their heads. “Come inside, let’s ignore your senseless father. He’ll come around. I know it.”

            I watched the three of them go and sighed. Fathers can never win. 

 

 

this is for Black_x_Rabbit

not sure what this was... but I hope you like it anyway...

tired even though tomorrow is break haha