Lucky One

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September was awake, she’d been awake for a while but when she tried to move, Sehun would pull her closer. “It’s 6. I have to get ready for my exit interview.” 

Sehun mumbled something incoherent.
“Don’t you have training with President Jung?” 

“You don’t have to call him President anymore,” Sehun continued to mumble. 

“Okay, but we still have to get up.” 

Sehun cracked open an eye. “It’s your first day as Chairlady. Let’s take advantage of that power and sleep in.” 

“The real Chairlady is still alive.” September thought it silly to put on this farce. She pushed back the covers in a huff. 

Sehun rolled over her, “Hey, didn’t you tell me about that game the girls played at the school.” 

September was shocked, “When did I…” she trailed off as vague memories of being drunk and ranting on about her childhood filled her head. Xiumin was right, she really was a troublesome drunk. 

“Imagine right?” 

“You’re not allowed to use my past against me” 

“I will use whatever I have at my disposal to make you realise that this is not a joke. When have you known me to do anything unless it’s for a reason?” 

“It’s embarrassing. People are laughing at me.” 

“Who’s laughing at you? It’s all in your head. Listen,” he tucked her hair on either side behind her ears, “I’ve seen this before when hyung dated Sung-kyung and when Kyungsoo dated Sana. All those doubts swimming around, how do I fit in here, I don’t belong here...who am I?” 

September blushed. This guy - seriously. “Are you perhaps running an experiment on the female psyche?” 

“But what is my point?” 

Urgh, here we go with the testing. “I have always been next to you.” she admitted, “I know this house better than even you,” she grew confident, “This place matters to me not only because of you but because of the Chairlady, the President and the people who work here. I’m one of the best agents you have at Oracle. I’ve completed more vacations than even you.” she said referring to the code name for missions. 

“Okay, now you’re just bragging.” Sehun rolled off and reached for his phone. “But, I rest my case. It’s Tuesday. You’re leaving on Friday. Can we please just have some fun? I’m so tired of everything being heavy. I waited a long time to find someone who could accept me for who I am.” he clenched his hand in the air, “The good and the bad. I have a whole list of couple things I wanna try."

September covered his fist with her hand.

“Besides, it was so out of my comfort zone to make the first move on you” 

She sat up, running her fingers through her long hair, “Okay, here’s the deal. I’ll try this whole Chairlady thing.” 

“Really?” Sehun got out of bed and stretched. 

“And we won’t talk about Friday, until Thursday night.” she held her pinkie out across the bed. Sehun reached out his pinkie, “But…” she pulled back, leaving him hanging, “You have to show me that couples bucket list of yours.” 

Sehun groaned, “I drew it up in uni. Minah made us all do it for her Grace mockup.” They linked pinkies, “I’ll email it.” 

“Of course, you probably have it saved in a folder under the year and in a sub-folder labelled…” she ducked when he threw a pillow at her, “Missed…ow.” he got her straight in the face with the second pillow.

*

There was a knock on the door and Ren entered, followed closely by Arran. “Good morning Director, Chairlady.” she smiled. 

“Good morning gorgeous people.” Arran flung open the drapes, “Gorgeous day, gorgeous gorgeous.” she fell gracefully onto the bed. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter