Meanwhile...Back Home

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author Note on Characters - remember that Kim Taehyung is Song Gaelin's first cousin and lives with Gaelin and Soo-hyuk with Jungkook. Taehyung and Jungkook own an Idol management company like Big Hit and they themselves, are former idols who used to belong to the same group. Most of their story is covered in GQ1 and expanded on in GQ2 

Meanwhile back in Seoul…

“Sajangnim?” 

Taehyung looked up from his tablet when his PA stuck her head around his office door. 

“Ajumma, these new visuals are all wrong. I need to see Manager Koo as soon as he gets back from the fanmeet.” 

“Nae Sajangnim…” 

“Anything else?”

“You have a visitor.” 

Taehyung pulled his mouse across the desk and maximised the window with his schedule, “I don’t have anything?” 

“It’s that visitor you get once a year…” Raein whispered and Taehyung leapt up and started to straighten his hair. 

“I brought gifts…” Soo-young entered his office and revealed two bottles of champagne from behind her back. 

“You’re two months early.” Taehyung embraced his high school friend. 

“I know but things change.” 

“Like what?” 

Soo-young glanced over her shoulder at the old PA who still hovered at the door. 

“That will be all Ajumma.” Taehyung shoed her away and shut the door, “Like what?” he repeated, “Lost your recipe for galette des rois?” 

“Very funny oppa,” Soo-young twisted her nose, “but I will miss it.” Taehyung hesitated - did it mean she was finally coming home? “Can we get out of here?” 

He glanced at his watch...but he already knew he’d be leaving with her. 

 

Soo-young took his hand and led him up the path to the double-storey house that looked like a Paris townhouse. 

“The architect, of course, was inspired by…” she made a rolling motion with her hand. Taehyung rolled his eyes. Soo-young fished a key out her pocket, slid it into the keyhole and turned, “Magic!” she whispered in an eerie voice. 

“A key, how old school,” Taehyung commented but he liked it. 

They walked through the front door and Soo-young made a beeline for the kitchen, “What do you think?” 

It was tasteful, spacious, the fittings had been modernised. “How many rooms?” 

“Three on the second floor, “Two on the third. Seven bathrooms.” 

“Good.” 

“I bought it.” Soo-young put the second bottle of champagne in the fridge and opened the first for them, “Aren’t you going to congratulate me?” she offered him a flute. 

“Chukahae,” they clinked glasses. He watched as she stared up at the ceilings, twirled around, happy. Not like when she’d run away with some guy to Paris. Started a modelling career and didn’t renew her contract with him. 

She twirled right up close to him, he automatically slipped a hand around her waist, “Oppa…” she wrapped her hand around his neck, “Give me a child.” 

***

Jackson pushed the button on the CCTV screen before he pressed the buzzer and swung his front door open. 

“You’re the last person I expected to ring my doorbell.” 

“Pretty sure I’m the only one.” Arran walked inside and ce and groaned, “I can’t believe you won all those awards. Better keep this place a secret or they’ll take them back.” 

Jackson held out his hand for her coat, “Wow,” she’d obviously come from somewhere, the sequined dress hugged every delicate curve - perfectly. 

“You’re sweet.” Arran slowly approached, “What do you do for fun around here?” 

“I was playing a game…” 

“Do you have any soju?” 

Arran followed him into the kitchen, “Salute,” she raised the tot glass to her lips, eyed him over the rim and swallowed. 

“I went to see my father this week.” 

“Oh?” Arran trailed her fingers along the marble counter, moving closer to his side. Jackson shifted further down the rectangular island. 

“Ye...yeah. I told him I was ready to step up. The announcement will be made next year. I’ll start learning the ropes. Taking on more executive responsibilities.”

Arran pulled her hand back, “Is this about what I said before?” 

He’d scared her off again. The woman of his dreams was standing in his kitchen, and he’d ruined it. 

“I don’t want your life to be my responsibility. If you take that CEO position, that’s on you…” 

“Of course I...”

Arran didn’t believe him. His eagerness to please was such a turnoff, “This was fun,” she turned, “Can I have my coat?” 

“Hold on a minute.” He swooped in front of her, “Why’d you come here tonight?” 

Arran placed both hands on her hips and shrugged, “I wanted to kiss you again.” she admitted. Jackson inhaled, “For the first time since...then…” she flicked her chin at him, “I wondered what it would feel like to do it with a man.” 

God, he loved how straight she was. She’d just come out and said it and now he was affected. 

“And you thought of me?” he was grinning like an idiot. 

Arran sighed, “The feeling past. I’m sorry.” 

Jackson wanted to push her into admitting she was interested but he couldn’t. Not with what she’d been through. He didn’t know whether she knew that a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter