Aftermath

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - Not sure if this chapter name works. Didn't know what to call it. 

“If you were a girl, you’d be my type.” Kyungsoo blurted unexpectantly when they were in his suite at Finite.

Sehun spat out his drink, “Uh, gee thanks hyung, I think?”

“What I mean is…” Kyungsoo came to sit close beside him on the couch. Sehun shifted to the edge. “Aish,” Kyungsoo moved closer, “If I ever made you feel second best…”

“Uhem, still a love song.” Sehun pointed out.

“ it,” Kyungsoo grabbed his shoulders, “We can play chess.” He searched Sehun’s cynical face, “Do you understand what I’m trying to say?”

“You love me, and you want to be with me,” Sehun replied calmly

“Yes…No…Kind of, this is serious you punk.” Kyungsoo dipped his head, “Give me a moment. If you ever felt like we didn’t appreciate you. You’d be wrong.”

Sehun smiled softly, “I know hyung. I just wanted to see you suffer a little.” He was relieved Kyungsoo didn’t lecture him again about Taemin.

“Uh what’s going on?” Chen arrived in the suite with Suho, “Should I come back?”

“You can stay,” Kyungsoo dropped his hands from Sehun, “You can leave us.” He told Suho, “What are you doing here?”

“Sehun called, but before we do anything, I need to check with my wife. We just reconciled and I don’t know how she’d feel about this,” he motioned between the three of them.

“She’d ing love it.” Sehun snickered, “She’s a fan you know.”

“I found her stash when she was 13,” Kyungsoo confirmed.  

“Alright then…” Chen loosened his tie, “Who’s wants to start?”

 Sehun sighed, “Since I’m the youngest…” he hopped up and turned to them, “Park Minjun’s dead.” He let the silence stretch. Kyungsoo and Chen stared blankly at him, “Should I strip while I say it?”

“How?” Chen asked quietly.

Sehun pressed his hands together, “I’m going to say it once. Once I say it, I won’t say it again,” Kyungsoo and Chen exchanged a look and then nodded. “Park Minjun was taken by Arran up at the Song Country House. He was buried there. Oracle took care of the clean-up. A friend Park Minjun had issues with is the fall guy.” Sehun pulled out two envelopes, “Its all in there.” He waited while Kyungsoo and Chen read the report. Once they finished, they handed the envelopes back to Sehun and he burnt them in the fireplace. “I expect you to tell your fathers, I have already briefed my mother, but it goes no further. Holy Trinity.”

Chen sighed, “He didn’t know anything about Yifan at the end.”

Sehun shook his head apologetically.

“It’s a mess.” Kyungsoo poured them each a drink, “How is Arran?”

“I need to take her to Oracle for debriefing and decontamination,” Sehun said his goodbyes.

***

Sung-kyung left Baekhyun and September in the lounge and turned in for the night. Baekhyun would have to understand. It had been a long ing two days. She’d just buried a guy. Of all the ed-up things she’d done in her life, this took the cake. She could live with being a hostess, that was on her, but this…she shivered. She needed a shower. She was cold and no amount of layers warmed her. The hot sprays washed over her. Sung-kyung huddled in a corner of the cubicle and cried.

Downstairs, September wanted to check on Sung-kyung. It was clear she was in shock but September knew she didn't have to fear Sung-kyung telling anyone. Sung-kyung was strong, she just needed someone to hold her hand through this and that person should be Arran. It was her responsibility. 

“Hyung!” Baekhyun jumped up and raced up to his older brother, ‘What are you doing here? he grinned, “Ah, you’re here to see pretty agassi.” He winked.

Kai met September’s eyes, “You’re just everywhere.” He ruffled Baek’s hair, “Are you staying here now?”

September shook her head.

“I’ll be back. Wait for me.” Kai looked toward the grand staircase. September let him go.

Kai heard the sound of water when he entered the room. Slowly, he walked across the soft carpet and nudged open the door. “Damn it.” He crouched in front of the cubicle and tapped the steamed-up glass, “What are you doing?”

Sung-kyung saw the familiar face, she cried even harder, “Can’t a girl have a good shower cry in peace?”

“With your clothes on?”

“Come in here then.” She muttered.

Kai opened the door and switched off the water and held open a towel, “Come on.”

Sung-kyung hesitated.

“Come here Sung-kyung,” it came back so easily. Comforting her, wanting to make her feel safe.

Sung-kyung stood. The water dripped off her hair and clothes. Kai wrapped the towel and his arms around her.

“I’m cold,” she mumbled, “I’m so cold Kai…”

“I’ll fetch you something dry to use.” He left the bathroom and went into her dressing room. He tried not to touch too many things, but he didn’t feel shy touching her personal belongings.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter