Trade Off

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning - some violence toward the end of this chapter.

“Look here, kid.” Yifeng cuddled Yeji, “It’s your family come to rescue you.” 

The infant was distraught, traumatised and miserable. Chanyeol didn’t cry, even though he wanted to. Seeing Yeji in that state, “What kind of monster do you have to be to use an innocent child?” 

“Me?” Yifeng replied haughtily. “I didn’t’ bring the brat here, it was some psycho in a mask.” Kyungsoo, Sehun and Chanyeol exchanged a quick look, “then she rushed off after that crass woman and left me with the rugrat.” 

“What the hell is this guy going on about?” Kyungsoo was impatient, “I’m going to make this simple for you. Hand over the kid, and I might stop him from killing you.” Sehun squared his shoulders. He was still going to kill him, no matter what deal Kyungsoo made.  

“Lee Sehun…” Yifeng grabbed their attention, “You really abandoned the Competition for this?” he looked down at Yeji. She whimpered.

It felt like someone was squeezing Chanyeol’s heart, “It’s okay Yeji.” he soothed. “Samchon is here. Hey, if you don’t kill him, can I have a go?”

“Get in line.” Sehun cracked his knuckles. “You.” he flicked his hand at Yifeng, “No running away, Ara? We’re going to have some fun.”  

“Wow!” Yifeng jumped on the spot, “I have literal goosebumps. Is that why she fell for you? I almost want to let you do it too.” he was suddenly serious. “Too bad it had to come to this tragic end. I mean with the baby and all. Wouldn’t that have been a Song heir?” 

Sehun stopped. His heart…

Yifeng’s eyes filled with a pure pleasure that not even could give him, “Oh right...you didn’t know...that’s two heirs dead now…” he covered his mouth again, “Oops, you missed that too didn’t you? Poor Cap, I had to comfort him like an older brother. Since you weren’t around.” Yifeng’s eyes narrowed, “I’m thinking, I’ll keep your precious brother. I mean, since you deprived me of my butler.” 

“Don't you touch him…” Sehun had to be held back by Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. 

“He’s lying.” Chanyeol stepped in front of Sehun. “He’s lying…look at me. Look at me!” He grabbed Sehun’s face but Sehun shook him off. He had tears in his eyes. 

“If I’m lying, then why do I have this?” Yifeng held up Hyeran’s sonogram. “Cap gave this to me to keep.” 

Sehun held out his hand. 

“This isn’t solving anything!” Chanyeol begged Sehun. Yifeng dropped the picture and Kyungsoo lifted it. Sehun waited for confirmation. Kyungsoo nodded and held it out with a pained expression. Sehun grabbed the photo studying it in disbelief. Baek...

“Looks like you’re not as clever as your thought, huh Lee Sehun? You prance around like some God. You only look like one!” Yifeng’s voice rose shrilly. 

Kyungsoo frowned. This guy was unhinged. He had to get Yeji away from him. Even if it meant a tradeoff. Sehun slipped the photo into his pocket and caught Kyungsoo staring at him. He stared back. 

Chanyeol looked between the two. What was going on? 

Sehun nodded. 

Kyungsoo stepped forward, “You want Lee Sehun right?” 

“With all my heart!” Yifeng beamed, “Will you grant my wish?” 

“He’s all yours, but the child...is mine and the three of us," he pointed at Chanyeol, "walk out of here.” 

“As long as he stays” Yifeng looked at Sehun, “I don’t care about you or your silly Quill or whatever. Just take it and off from my island.” 

“Don’t you mean your brother’s island?” Chanyeol couldn’t resist the taunt. 

Yifeng ignored him. “You. We’re going to have fun. Don’t run away now.” He undid the strap of his belt and placed Yeji on the cold ground. She started to cry. “She has to cross the line herself. Same time kind of thing.” 

“Bastard, she’s cold and scared,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter