Vacation

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were thankfully the first ones to arrive on the Estate. Because Isa had driven like a demon. Damn the defensive driving certification. Sehun massaged his temples as he got out the car, “Yah!” he snapped his fingers at her as she ran down the path to the house, “Where are you going? Who’s going to park this car?”

“Director,  if you will allow me?” the footmen already had the keys. Sehun grumbled as he followed Isa. Of course, she had disappeared.

“Good morning Sehun ssi,” Haida welcomed him with a warm smile, “Breakfast is ready in the morning room and the House Master asked that we prepare a cup of sweet tea for you.”

“To sweeten me up?” He snickered, “It won’t work.”

“Would you prefer something else? A coffee perhaps?”

“No, sweet tea is fine.” He started to walk to the morning room and then did a 180, “I’ll go up and see halmeoni. Where is the letter?”

“The House Master has it.”

Sehun ran up the three flights of stairs and knocked on his grandmother’s suite door.
“Come in,” he heard her sharp bark.

Sehun entered. His grandmother sat on the couch in her private lounge. There was a tray of sweet tea on the table and the letter was already opened and in her hand.

“Damn Lee Soo-hyuk.” She quickly looked at Sehun, “No offence but your father has always let you young ones do whatever you want.”

Sehun just smiled, “Halmeoni mustn’t be too upset with appa.”

“How can you say that! Did you see that girl? She had yellow hair! She is not fit to be the next Chairlady of the Lee Estate.” 

September lifted the tea, “The President is on her way,”

“What good will that do? This is an official acceptance so unless Kaiah cancels the engagement then it will go ahead.”

“So omma and appa can’t change their mind? Even if something is found out about Lilly Kim?” Sehun sat opposite them.

“It’s a rule. That’s why the official acceptance is so important and shouldn’t just be handed out. I made your father wait a month before I accepted his engagement to your mother. He almost died…” she chuckled remembering that time.

“Yes, and I suffered with him.” Song Gaelin entered and  sat on the couch, sandwiching September between her and Song Minah.

“Wasn’t it worth waiting for? I had to make sure,” Song Minah defended.

“No use arguing over spilt milk.” Gaelin snapped.

Sehun accepted his sweet tea from Haida and settled back. It was fun watching these women argue. Both strong and opinionated and his poor House Master caught in the middle.

“What do you say Isa?” Song Minah whacked her knee with the walking stick.

“Omma don’t hit her!” Gaelin instinctively rubbed September’s knee quickly to make it warm, “Isanie when you get married at least you won’t have to…”

“House Masters don’t get married,” Sehun interjected quickly. Gaelin frowned at him. Sehun waved away their looks, “You’re getting off track. This is not about you and appa.”

“He’s right. I think we have lost too many good House Masters to marriage.” Song Minah pondered this new idea while staring at September with gleaming eyes.

“Off track again,” Sehun groaned “Okay agassi and agassi’s daughter. Can we go downstairs. The others will arrive soon.”

“Okay agassi’s son.” Gaelin laughed softly. “I am so stressed by this.” She rested back against the couch and stared at September and her mother, “Omma. He’s my son. My first. I am so scared that he’s making a mistake.”

“Here President.” September poured her some sweet tea.

“Something stronger would be better,” she whispered to September

“After 12,” September whispered back. Gaelin took a sip of the tea and closed her eyes, “Isa, we mustn’t give this recipe to the other estates. I don’t like sharing.” September smiled at her President. This woman was life goals. She looked up and found Sehun watching her with that guarded expression.

“I’ll go downstairs to prepare for the arrival of the others.” She had barely made it downstairs when Wu Yifan arrived. He handed his overcoat to a butle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter