Let Me Help

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo evaded the first punch but Sehun immediately followed through with a jab to the inside of his arm. He staggered back. Breathing hard. “Hold on.” He held up a hand.

“No tricks hyung. We’ve barely been in the simulator for 5 minutes.”

“Sehun! You called me over at 5 AM. Pushed me into this simulated combat invention thing and why is there 80s pop playing?”

Sehun used his watch to switch off the simulation, “Can hyung just do this for me? Isa leaves in two weeks and I need to work in a new sparring partner.”

“So, you’re holding auditions?” Kyungsoo glared at the wall. He was annoyed. Why though? Sehun was entitled to ask anyone he wanted. Kai would have been his natural choice if they weren’t fighting. “I’ll do it.”

Sehun looked sceptical, “Are you sure you can handle it? It’s pretty intense and I won’t go easy on hyung.”

“I said I’ll take the job, so you don’t have to look for someone.” Kyungsoo rolled his shoulders back, “Let’s go again.”

Sehun assigned him a guestroom on the second floor that overlooked Song Minah’s beautiful blood-red roses. They went on for as far as the eye could see. They’d train three times a week in the mornings to get it out of the way.

 Kyungsoo walked out onto the small but comfortable balcony, big enough to fit the white wrought iron table and a single chair. “And duplicate my vanity.” He added onto the list, “I’ll see you in a bit at Finite. I’m going to have breakfast with Sehun and Baek so will you sit with nuna? You know how she hates having meals alone a…”

“Taeyoon ssi isn’t home.” Suho interrupted. “I’ve just been up to the suite and…”

“What?”

“I…maybe I’ll check again. I could be mistaken…” Suho rushed out of the office and used his master access card to call for the executive elevator. Taeyoon was going to be in the suite. But he wasn’t a hundred percent sure cause Kyungsoo spent the night with Haneul and he'd came back late from Sana’s farewell.

Kyungsoo hung up and phoned Taeyoon but her line was engaged then Suho called back to explain that Taeyoon spent the night at the Min Estate with Mina. “It wasn’t on the schedule.” He grumbled.

“Excuse me President, but a lot of things are not on the schedule these days.”

“You’re brave all of a sudden.” Kyungsoo stepped back into the room and turned to shut the door. There was movement on the tower. From the second-floor bedroom, he had a view of half of it and he was pretty sure he saw what looked like Baekhyun’s white mop of hair.

***

“I’m seriously worried.” Kyungsoo muttered as he walked around the tower, inspecting the place Baekhyun wanted to make his new home, “He’s seeing Kris’ ghost, isn’t he?” he kicked aside the empty bottles of Cava, “Can you put a lock on the cellar?”

Sehun dusted off his hands, “Yes to both questions.”

Kyungsoo nudged Baekhyun with his foot, “Yaahh,” Baekhyun was asleep, his back resting against the wall, “Yah, you drunk do you know how precious my time is?”

Baekhyun forced open his eyes, they were red and puffy. “What are you guys doing here?”

“Getting a head start on your new room,” Sehun answered.

“But Arran doesn’t want me…” Baekhyun sulked.

“I don’t blame her. You’re a mess and you reek of booze.” Kyungsoo admonished, “yesterday w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter