Welcome Home

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The plane touched down on the runway. The cars were waiting. Kyungsoo's father stood beside the group of Finite cars, his best friends Min Yoongi and Song Gaelin beside him. They were there to welcome them back. It was going to be a nightmare. He could already tell. 

“Boss, you will have to exit last,” Suho told him. 

Kyungsoo already looked crabby, one day into the job. But Suho knew it was just his way. Kyungsoo would do the job as he lived his life - excellently and to the fullest. “Is she here?” 

Suho didn’t reply. 

“Back to work.” Tao slipped off his shades and looked out the window. "It was almost fun being on the island minus the psychopath that wanted to off us." 

“I’ve been meaning to talk to you.” Kris leaned over and stared out the same window. He saw the waiting Woo Estate cars and…” he looked over at Chen, “You didn’t” 

Chen grinned, “What my best friend wants - my best friend gets.” Kris forgot what he was going to say to Tao and leapt up to hug his friend, “With the AMG Breaks?” he turned to Kyungsoo, “Permission to shove the protocol.” 

“Permission granted. Enjoy it.” Kyungsoo was still peering out the foggy windows. 

“Looks like we’re going German this year,” Chen said. 

Arran slipped on her shades, “Oppa, that’s just for Christmas. I’ll expect mine next week.” She blew him a kiss. “Pali. I want copious amounts of champagne,” she told Sehun and Isa and pulled her twin along in a whirlwind down the aisle. She paused at the entrance of the plane, “It’s been a blast es. PLEASE, lose my number for a while.” Baekhyun waved before Arran forced him to face her, “Ready?” 

“Who do you think I am.” he popped a gum, pulled down his shades and raised his phone blasting their current favourite song as they strutted down the stairs and danced toward their waiting family. 

“Valour,” Arran showed her mother and uncles the badge she’d obtained from the Competition.

“Strategy and Bravery.” Baekhyun showed his badge. 

“Oh, my darlings!” Gaelin kissed and hugged them, “I’m so proud of you. Well done!!”

“We had the best teacher.” Baekhyun praised his mother. 

“We also brought something else home.” Arran slung her arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder and grinned as Sehun and Isa appeared at the top of the stairs. 

“Of course he did.” Yoongi and Hoseok said to one another. 

Baekhyun hopped into the nearest car and connected his phone. The speakers blared a sickeningly romantic song. “Sorry guys. You’re officially the new Song Gaelin and Lee Soo-hyuk.” the twins whistled. 

“The next what?” Hoseok muttered. He hopped around in the cold. “Where’s my kid? I wanna go home.” 

“Darling,” Gaelin rubbed his back, “You have to wait the longest.” 

Isa blushed. “Change the song!” she yelled but Baekhun shook his head and motioned for them to come down the stairs. 

“Can you hurry it up?” Kyungsoo snapped at the couple. “I can’t see her,” he told Suho who by now was sweating bullets trying to call Park Haneul. 

Sehun lifted September in his arms, “Darling if you would?” September reached into his coat and took out his sunglasses and slipped them on. Sehun carried her down the stairs, set her down and immediately pulled her in and kissed her on the forehead.
Everyone applauded, “Smooth.” Yoongi nodded his approval. 

‘He gets that from me,” Gaelin couldn’t contain herself as she rushed to welcome them back. 

“He gets it all from you,” Hoseok revealed. 

“So mean samchon! Dad helped a little. With the hair, no the eyebrows..."  Arran wagged her finger at him. He pulled her into a hug. 

“Well done,” Gaelin grabbed Sehun, “It’s a new era.” 

“He’s going to be great omma. I’m really happy.” Sehun beamed. In front of his mom, he was still a kid. 

“Well President Lee, I think you have reason to celebrate.”

“President?” Sehun’s eyes widened. 

Gaelin nodded, “You earned it. Now your grandmother and I will take a much-needed mother-daughter trip.”
“And me.” Arran never wanting to be left out jumped on the bandwagon. 

Isa hugged Sehun, “Congratulations, President.” 

“Say that again.” 

“President.” September obliged, "President..." she hit him every time she said it. 

 

*

Chanyeol and Taeyoon met Yoongi and Hoseok, “We heard.” 

Taeyoon and Chanyeol kept quite. 

“I knew.” 

“We both knew.” Hoseok corrected. 

Taeyoon grinned happily and hugged her father a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter