Making Deals

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He did it on purpose.” Chanyeol was nervous. He rubbed his hands together mulling over why Kyungsoo hadn’t met with them this morning. “Why didn’t he just get it over and done. Tell me that he doesn’t want to see my face, wish that I was more a human.” 

Taeyoon put down her pen, “Don’t you have a job?” 

“Nuna!  How can you be this calm?” 

“Because I’ve decided that I don’t care what happens. I’m still going to hold onto you, even if you get scared after meeting with Kyungsoo. I’m not going to let one man dictate how I should live my life - even if he is scary and I’ll have to probably live with him glaring across the dinner table at me, for the rest of my life” she said in one big breath. “HAH!” 

Chanyeol popped up from the couch like a cute puppy, “Wah...nuna’s impressive.” 

“So now you can leave right?” Taeyoon checked the wall clock. “Come on go. I have work. Kyungsoo said he’d see us tonight for dinner.” 

Chanyeol had barely left when Sehun and Arran arrived. 

“I’ve never been to unnie’s work before.” Arran circled the room slowly. Her hands sunk deep into the pockets of her thick winter coat. She was tiny, but physically one of the strongest members of the Consortium. Even though Sehun was in the room, Taeyoon’s eyes were drawn to Arran. Her presence was a pulling one. Like a small hook had been sunk unawares in her chest and slowly she was being reeled in. 

“This is not usually done but…” she looked at Sehun. For him, she’d have to make an exception. Sehun inclined his head in a small show of gratitude, “Take a seat Arranie. You too Sehun.” Arran went straight to a large wingback and rubbed her hands. She looked like a child in that chair. 

Taeyoon moved to her chair and Sehun sat alone on the patient’s lounger. He lifted his legs and lay back, closed his eyes, wiggled his shoulders as he tried to get comfortable, then sat up and cleared his throat. “Arran has agreed to come for sessions but we’ve both decided that we cannot have her talk to an outsider.”

Taeyoon was naturally intrigued. She was no idiot, something happened to Arran. There was no other way to explain the change from the girl she was to the woman sitting before her today. Her family and the rest of the Consortium were willing to turn a blind eye - it as easier that way. 

“I have to make this clear to nuna. No one except myself and Isa knows about Arran’s situation.” 

Situation - what a choice word. What had happened? Would Arran be able to open up to someone she knew and saw on a regular basis? Taeyoon looked over at Arran, she was still, barely moving like a beautiful porcelain doll. “I, as her brother, don’t know all the details. I would prefer to keep it that way.” Sehun curled his hands over his knees, “At the same time, nuna also has a story and is looking for a particular brand of companionship.” 

Taeyoon frowned, why was he even bringing that up here? 

“I want the two of you to help each other. I will assist where I can. I told nuna that I won’t abandon you and I won’t. Arran will be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter