Brothers Face-off

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chen, Kyungsoo and September watched the installation of the chandelier at Sung-kyung’s store.

Park Haneul’s creation was truly something to marvel at and she’d managed to design it in record time. Chen was impressed with the young woman and he could tell that Kyungsoo was warming up to her. Chen didn’t know what that meant for Kyungsoo and Sana, but no relationship was set in stone. He had always known that he was Minah’s second choice. He just didn’t realise that he might be her third choice.

“OMG!!!” Sung-kyung finally arrived with Kris. From the awestruck look on her face, everyone knew she loved the chandelier.

“Are you trying to show up my designs?” she teased Haneul.

“This could never outshine your designs. I’m a big fan.”

Sung-kyung was impressed that Haneul wore one of her dresses. It was a sign of a very in-tune and clever businesswoman.

“This one’s a winner,” Sung-kyung whispered to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo seemed disgruntled. He couldn’t stop glaring at Haneul as she gave out instructions to her crew. They would have to suspend the chandelier from the third floor. It would then be in line with the second-floor landing. It was a big job.

“Anyway, aren’t you supposed to be Kim Sana’s friend?” he accused, “Why are you pushing me into the arms of the enemy?”

Sung-kyung shrugged, “Whoever makes you happy Kyungsoo ssi. Life is too short. Kai chose someone else."

“Aren’t you just full of wisdom.” He mocked.  

Haneul came over, “I'm sorry but this is going to take a while. Why don’t you guys go home? We’ll do an official switch-on with champagne and the works tomorrow evening.”

“I love that idea!” Sung-kyung enthused.

“Sure, sounds like a plan.” Kris and Chen agreed.

“Are you sure?” Kyungsoo took in the burly looking installers, unsure whether to leave her alone. He was about to ask September to stay with Haneul, but she wouldn’t hear of it.

“Those guys?” Haneul gestured over her shoulder with a thumb, “They’re teddy bears. Been on the team longer than I have.” She assured, “But your concern is cute oppa.” Kyungsoo glared again. Haneul just smiled sweetly at him.

 

“Just call me when you’re home.” He mumbled before stalking out the store. Chen and Kris grinned. It was fun watching a girl mess around with their stubborn, grumpy friend.

“Now it’s just the marble and we can call Song Gaelin in for an inspection,” Kris said as they left the store.

“We’re actually ahead of schedule.” September checked her notes, “The President will be pleased.”

“Hallelujah!” Kyungsoo muttered, "Can we just get rid of the model so I can get my friend back." 

“I take it, a certain beautiful talented young illuminator is why you’re extra grumpy tonight?” Chen slung an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder, “Come on, let’s get some food into our bulldog.”

“Aren’t you going home?” Kris couldn’t help but ask.

Chen frowned at him, “Minah and Chanyeol are working late so let’s have dinner at Finite.”

“I’m having dinner with Sehun and No 72.” Kyungsoo confirmed, “The more the merrier. I never know what to say to that woman.”

“Oppa is cruel. I think it’s sweet that Sehun kept in touch with Xi Miranda. She really helped us out in the end.” Sung-kyung scolded him.

“Yeah, she helped put a bullet in me.” Kyungsoo snickered, “Don’t look at me like that.” He pointed at Chen and Kris, “That woman used us to get her revenge on the Madame. Why didn’t she go back home afterwards?”
“two words,” Kris said. Kyungsoo stared blankly at him, “Lee Sehun.”

“Urgh.”

“He is a catch.” Sung-kyung giggled, “There’s just something precious about our Sehunah.” She remembered him as a youth. Wondered if he still had that intense quietness about him. “Don’t you agree Isa?” Sung-kyung remembered the House Master, “You see Sehun every day.”

“The Director is indeed capable,” September remarked blandly.

“Are we seriously listing the reasons why that nerd is hot?” Kyungsoo was incredulous.

Sung-kyung giggled. “You’re also a catch oppa.”

“That’s not what I meant.” Kyungsoo was grateful when they got to the cars. “I’ll ride alone.” He hurried to his town car and it sped out of underground parking. 

“I’ll head home then,” Sung-kyung said her goodbyes and left with the Woo Estate Driver.  

“Give us a lift to Finite,” Chen told September.  They got into the back seat of her Mercedes and September raised the divide so they had some privacy.  Kris kept trying to bring up the subject of Minah. He wondered if working late was just code for meeting with that man.

“What is it?” Chen asked.

“Ani…”

“Yifan,” Chen warned, “Are you not my best friend?” Kris nodded, “Don’t you think I know when you have something on your mind?” Kris tightened his hands into balls. He shouldn’t say anything, “Besides you’ve been staring at me the entire ride.” Kris deliberately looked away. “Is it Arran?”

“Everything is fine with Arran.”
“Is it? You really think everything is fine between you two?”
Kris bristled. How had this become about him and Arran? “We are happy the way we are.”

“Barely seeing each other? Aren’t you at l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter