Hotel

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the title suggests there is a scene at the end for any sensitive readers. But nothing too hectic!

“What’s with the long face?” Chen handed Minah one of the hamburgers he bought from a vendor.  “We agreed to make a concerted effort to have lunch together.” It was part of their plan to resurrect their marriage. If they were in the same city, they’d have lunch, no matter what. So far so good but then Minah and that phone.

“I’m sorry,” Minah quickly sent off a message and dropped the phone into her bag, “There! I’m all yours.”

Chen had to remind himself to stop reading into those types of statements. Everyday sayings that became loaded whenever there was a deception.

“I don’t know when I last came to the park. We don’t even bring Jennie. Xiumin and Chanyeol do.”

“My mother does,” Minah added and couldn’t resist looking at her bag.

“You know,” he brought his face close to hers, “If you’re distracted, I’m gonna kiss you in front of all these people.”

Minah kissed him first, “There. Now what?” she took a bite of the burger. “Ah, this reminds me of school. I don’t remember the last time I ate fast food.”   She checked her watch.

“Minah!”

“Okay. I’ll just tell you what I’m doing so you don’t think I’m messaging my lover or something.” Chen glared at her gall, “Too soon?”

“I know you didn’t sleep with In-sung but I’d appreciate some sensitivity.”

“Jong-dae! You really bring out the worst in me. You’re forcing me to remind you that it was your flirting with In-sung’s sister that caused this.”

Chen knew she was angry. She’d probably called him Jong-dae a handful of times. One time being on their wedding day.

“I flirted but I never went out on dates with other people.”

Minah was still angry but one of them needed to compromise. She took his hand. They ate the rest of their lunch in silence,

“I think we need to see someone professionally,” Chen suggested.

“I think you’re right. We obviously still have unresolved issues. I’ll ask unnie for a referral.”

“Someone who doesn’t know us or the family,” Chen advised.

“Of course. How about someone in another city?”

“Cute,” Chen tweaked her nose. The moment was ruined when Minah’s phone beeped again. “Ah, you were going to tell me who that is.” He looked at her bag, “No secrets remember?”

“Jackson Wang,” Minah replied simply. Would Chen know who he was? She doubted. They went to University together, but Chen was still abroad at the time.

“Who?” Chen was at a loss.

Minah took a sip of her coffee, “How do I explain this…ah, you know the new apartment block down the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter