Lay's Deal

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - Hi everyone, apologies for not updating sooner. Thank you for being so patient! 

Wanted to also answer a question about Taeyoon name and her appearance as Nana. So the character Taeyoon isn't named after an artist called Taeyoon. 

The character first appeared in GQ1, as a child and didn't really feature in GQ2, except for a mention here and there by her parents Jung Hoseok and Sarang, when they ask Kyungsoo and Minah if they'd like to visit Taeyoon in the US, where she was studying at the time. 

In GQ3, Taeyoon is a more prominent character and so I wanted to give her a look and feel as I did with the other characters. I really like Nana so thought to use her. I hope this makes sense. 

“I will explain everything,” Kai grasped Lilly’s hand and raised it to his lips, “I promise.” The elevator dinged. Lilly tightened her grip on his hand to show him she understood. Kai was relieved.  They were still holding hands when the elevator doors slid open. It felt like Lilly was the only one who genuinely cared for him and was on his side.

“I hope you managed to work through everything?” Lee Soo-hyuk was the one to greet them. He eyed Baekhyun and Chanyeol with cool, suspicious eyes. The two younger men slinked off before any more questions could be directed their way.

“Ah yes…” Kai hadn’t thought this far. Now he’d have to come up with a reason for leaving his own engagement party. His father was looking at him. Waiting for some explanation. 

“Tell appa about the surprise for Lilly.” Sehun came from inside the house. Kai quickly hid his shock. How had this bastard made it back before him?   

“Where were you this whole time?” Soo-hyuk accused his second child.

“When I saw Kai leaving, I took the opportunity to finish something upstairs.” Kai glared at his brother but quickly smiled when his father turned back to him. “Well? What surprise?” Kai walked his father and Lilly back to the party. Sehun could hear Kai explaining about the dress but didn't mention who would be designing it.

“Whew that was close,” Chanyeol came to stand beside Sehun, "your omma explained to Hoseok and Yoongi samchon but I still think we're dead meat." 

“Thanks for the heads up about the dress. Kai won’t be able to change his mind about hiring Sung-kyung now that appa knows about it.” Sehun checked his phone but there was no news about September.

Kyungsoo slapped Sehun on the back, “It will be fine. Arran is very capable.”  

“Kai’s pissed off. He just gave me the evil eye.” Kris dusted his coat collected from racing across the city on a bike. Still, it had been worth it. He'd forgotten the thrill of feeling the wind on his face, the adrenalin of speed as he manoeuvred through traffic. He'd managed to clear a path for Sehun. 

“Who cares,” Kyungsoo sounded bored.

“I do, did you see the damage to my store?” Chen was indignant.

They couldn’t help but laugh at his distress. Chen and Kyungsoo exchanged a look. For now, things were calm but there was a difficult conversation coming. One that could change the face of the Consortium forever.  

“Cheer up hyung, it was for a good cause,” Baekhyun attempted to comfort Chen. He didn't know the stress Chen was under. 

“Good cause my foot! There’s a giant chandelier on the floor of my precious flagship mall!”

They laughed again. This time Chen joined in.

Kai glanced over his shoulder and saw them laughing. They’d managed to trick him and appa again. Somehow, they’d made it back to the party before him. No one was the wiser, but he knew they’d planned it all. Now, he’d be ready for them.

***

September’s eyes fluttered open. The ceiling was white, the air was cool from the aircon. The smell of coffee wafted across the room.

“Good, you’re up.”

She tried to sit

“Stay down,” Hana pushed her back against the plumped-up pillows.

“I saved you.” Yixing’s sat at a small round table beside the window,

September felt her side, she could make out the bandage. The pain was there, but bearable for her well-serviced threshold.

“Also, my brother is on the way,”

September tensed.

“I’ll make things simple for you Isa. We both know you can’t remain with Lee Sehun, but there are things you need to do before you can return to my brother, correct?” September nodded. A deal was about to be made, and she couldn’t run away from it any longer, “How much time do you need?”

“Till the end of the y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter