Stowaway

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling. It was morning after all. The sound of the birds would come next but she would be long gone by then. She needed to leave now if she was to make it back to Seoul in time. 

Slowly, she shifted out of bed and went to bath and change into her trusty blue jeans and leather jacket. They’d said goodbye last night. They’d made a deal that she’d leave without a word. What more could be said that wasn’t said already. I love you - don’t go - it was useless. 

She left everything behind. She would no longer have use for them. No phone, no watch, no personal belongings except 10 days change of clothes was what she was allowed. The only personal thing she refused to leave behind was the ultrasound of Hyeran and Baek’s unborn child. That was the thing she must carry to her grave. September set the ring on the bedside table and then left the room. 

Sehun opened his eyes and after a moment, he buried his head in the pillows. 

Outside she met the three men who’d been waiting for her. 

“Do you have everything?” Chanyeol asked meekly. 

September lifted the bag in reply. 

“So this is it?” Chen held out the keys to her new car. “Enjoy what you can of it. The tracker is enabled so I’ll just have someone pick it up later today. Do what you will with the keys. I have a set.” He embraced her and met Kyungsoo’s eyes over her head. “It will be okay. We will take care of each other so just take care of yourself.” 

Kyungsoo sighed annoyed, “I really hate goodbyes and having to make speeches Isanie.” he shot her a dark look, “My life is so hard because of you. All that training…” 

September couldn’t help but smile at his tough exterior, “Take care of him for me.” she stepped forward and embraced him. “You are not the kingmaker,” she whispered cryptically. Kyungsoo was still frowning as September pulled on her hat and gloves. She took one last look at the house and the lake beyond, got into the car and sped down the driveway and out of sight. 

“I can’t believe she’s gone. Just like that.” Chanyeol said solemnly. 

Kyungsoo looked back at the house, “Come on.” they walked up the stairs and didn’t knock before entering the bedroom. Kyungsoo slid out his jacket. Chen and Chanyeol started taking out their outer garments. “You better not be under there,” Kyungsoo warned as he slid beside Sehun and pushed him to the centre. 

Chanyeol dove under the covers and wrapped his arms around Sehun and rocked him back and forth. Chen was the last to get in. He switched off his phone and closed his eyes. 

“You guys ,” Sehun mumbled. 

“We can leave?” Kyungsoo threatened. 

“No.” Sehun turned over and hugged his hyung, “I reject that proposition.” 

“Sleep now,” Kyungsoo ordered and took off his glasses and closed his eyes. 

***

September boarded the giant container ship and handed her bag to one of the crew members. Hana and Yixing sat on the deck. Yixing was relaxed, soaking up some precious morning sun. He motioned for her to come forward, “What do you have to say?” he asked. 

Septemeber bowed in response. 

“Good. We are just waiting for one...ah there she is.” Yixing’s face lit up. 

Septemeber turned and her blood ran cold. 

Lee Sung-kyung stepped on board and crew members wheeled on bag after bag. “Is this really the best you could do sunbae?” she threw at Zhang Yixing. 

“Excuse me…” September broke protocol, “she cannot be here…” 

“I can.” Sung-kyung told her steadily, “You’re not the only one who can make ridiculous life-changing deals. It seems my life is worth enough to barter with.” 

“No…” September was white as a sheet, “It won’t work. People will look for her...she’s a celebrity…”
“I did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter