High Tea

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Be ready,” September told the household staff that stood outside on the pebbled drive to greet the President’s guest. She walked the line, making sure they were all turned out properly.

Haida came to stand beside her, “I wonder what she’s like,” he whispered as Gaelin, Sehun and the Chairlady stepped forward and waited.

The front gate had phoned ahead to say the car was on the grounds. “Any moment now,” September tapped the footman’s’ shoulder and he squared his shoulders. Everyone wore the traditional imperial purple of the Song Estate. Every staff member wore the uniform with the crest of the raven over a lake.

The car rounded the bend and as it pulled to a stop in front of the entrance, the footman stepped forward and opened the door with a bow and held out his gloved hand.

They first saw the hand, manicured, long pointy nails. Like a witch. September thought. Then came the foot, high heeled. Italian. Bony feet.

Gaelin stepped forward as Lilly finally appeared, “Welcome my dear,” she greeted. They waited for Lilly to bow but she didn’t. Instead, she held out a hand. Gaelin stared at it.

Behind September, there were soft gasps. She glared at parlour girls and they were silent again.

“This is so lovely,” Lilly praised warmly as Gaelin shook her hand, “And who is this?” she approached Song Minah, “Is this Jongin’s grandmother? I adore you,” her accent was British. Obviously schooled abroad.

“I am Chairlady of this estate!” Song Minah was aghast.

“Chairlady!” Lilly laughed, “Oh you’re serious?” she turned next to Sehun, “Hello Lee Sehun. We’ve hung out once or twice.” She explained to Gaelin as if Gaelin was the guest.

Sehun nodded stiffly, “Lilly,” he turned and marched inside.

Gaelin hid her smile. Sehun would be the one they’d need to reign in if Lilly continued like this, “This way my dear,”

“Said the spider to the fly,” Mari joked with Ima. September heard them and winked as she followed Gaelin and Lilly inside. Haida helped Song Minah, “She’s a strange one?” Minah said.

“She’s a foreigner,” Haida explained.

Gaelin led them into the conservatory, where Sehun stood quietly to one side and watched Lilly like she was an alien.

“Breath,” September whispered, and he exhaled.

“Welcome to my home,” Gaelin told Lilly. “This is where I grew up. My mother also grew up here…”

“Ah, and does Lee Jongin spend much time here?” Lilly looked around the conservatory with interest.

“No, not really.” Gaelin began

“Oh, what a shame. When we’re married I will have to change that. I like this house. It’s like an old English manor. I studied abroad. Did Jongin tell you that?” she looked at each of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter