Taking Responsibility

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September stretched and looked around. She was lying beside a sleeping Sung-kyung - in the Woo Estate. Damn it. Where was her phone? , it was off. She crawled over to the charger and plugged it in. It took a couple of minutes for the phone to power up. There weren’t the hundreds of messages she’d expected from Sehun. Just one saying he hoped she had a good night with Sana and then a missed call at three and then five this morning. September sat beside Sung-kyung on the bed. “Unnie…” 

Sung-kyung moaned, “Kai…” 

September grinned. This unnie was too cuddly. “Unnie...I’m going.” 

Sung-kyung rubbed her face, “I have a hangover…” 

“It’s a working day but unnie already worked hard enough. Take rest and I’ll see you soon.” 

Sung-kyung caught her hand. They didn’t’ say anything. They didn’t need to anymore. 


***

Sana left the apartment building and looked around for Isa. “It’s the least you can do brat.” she took the danish pastries and coffee September held out. They walked along the walkway. “Why couldn’t you join us?” 

“I’m here now aren’t I? Do you know how busy my schedule is? 

“Sorry Chairlady.” Sana mocked. 

“Master Baek is having a hard time right now. I want to be there for him.” 

“Is Baekhyun ssi having a hard time or you?” Sana stepped in front of her friend. “I’m worried about you. You’re pushing yourself again.” 

“What’s the status Hyeran ssi’s case?” September sipped on her coffee. 

“Take this and have a look. It’s the footage you gave me. Look, there’s someone suspicious on there but I can’t tell who it is so I can’t use it.” 

“I’ll have a look. What else?” 

“Siwonah let me take a look at the stunt equipment and everything checked out during testing, except check it…” she showed Isa pics on her phone, “See here?” she pointed out a piece of the rope, “the fibres are different.” 

“So it was switched?” 

“But here’s the problem. The Stunt coordinator still maintains that he checked the equipment himself and he’s not involved. There’s one more thing…” she stopped, “If we make this official then Baekhyun and Hyeran’s family will be notified. Are we sure we want to do this?” 

“Is there enough?” 

“There’s enough to call for an enquiry.” 

September nodded, “Do it. For Hyeran ssi. Bury whoever did this.” 

“With pleasure.” they walked in silence, “Mi-sun misses you. Moo-yeol too. You’d be surprised by that punk. He’s decided to take the police exam.” 

“Wow…” September walked ahead, lost in thought. That could have been her. 

“Hey!” Sana called out to her. 

September whipped around.

“I know you’re still leaving.” September lifted her shoulders. What was she supposed to do about that? 

“I need you to take responsibility just once,” Sana called out to her again. People stared. September ducked her head and smiled. Then she nodded. 

“Really?” 

September pulled her baseball cap on and walked up to Sana with purpose. Sana’s mouth went dry. “You sure?” 

Sana blushed, “Maybe…” 

September grabbed her hand and pulled her back to the apartment and round the side. “You want the whole thing?” she said after watching the video clip Sana played for her. 

“Yeah okay. Just once. Do it.” Sana squared her shoulders. 

September bent her head from side to side and walked up to Sana. Sana backed up until she was against the wall. September dipped her head and tried not to smile. 

“Wall slam…” Sana whispered. 

“Aish, I got it.” she slammed her hand above Sana’s head, “Don’t think you can run from me…” she shook her head, embarrassed, “Not when I’ve always been trying to catch you,” she said the lines of Sana’s favourite web series. “Today, agassi…” she placed her other hand beside Sana’s face, “Stay very still for me…” September bent her head, bringing her face close… Sana closed her eyes. September smiled knowingly, she brushed her thumb across Sana’s lips. “Unnie has unique preferences.” September stepped back and whipped her hat off. 

“Uh…” They looked around. A schoolboy was getting h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter